“Stylish, convenient location, good service” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, MA
“Stylish, convenient location, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We only stayed one night but because my wife wasn't feeling well when we arrived, we really put this hotel to the test. We enjoyed room service and the space and quiet that the suite we had provided. We were on the 6th floor and on the back side so street noise was not a problem. There was a louder family in the suite that could have adjoined ours but they settled down before too late. The pool was nice although small.

Room Tip: Higher floor (5 or 6) would be quieter. Suite with pull out sofa made 3 people comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
luigi_two, sorry to hear your wife wasn't feeling well during your trip to Savannah, I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, please come back soon, Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Brigantine, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Great location near City Center, easy to pick up Trolley tours, go to riverfront. Staff was so nice, good amenities, clean rooms, terrific bar and restaurant. My only complaint is the bed only had a down comforter on it, no top sheet, so I was either too hot, or cold. Granted, I did not ask if I could get one either, so it may have just been an over site. Bed was very comfy too. The minibar, with free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks was a nice touch, and is the welcome drink.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
vacationhappylady, thank you for your nice review and for choosing the Andaz Savannah, I hope you will come back soon. Matt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a good experience right from the beginning. The valet service was prompt. The check in process was smooth. The welcome complementary drink hit the right spot after the long drive. The room was quite comfortable. The minibar was well stocked and the nonalcoholic beverages were complementary. Staff was very friendly and courteous. Concierge helped us get good deals. We managed to enjoy the outdoor pool despite cold days.

The shower was awkwardly placed resulting in significant spill into the rest of the bathroom.

However the best part was the location. We could walk to all the good spots including the restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2014
Gkpv, thank you for your nice review, I hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon, Matt
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Positive:
-Good location that is an easy walk to many restaurants and attractions.
-Nice room decor.
-The pool is heated.

Negative:
-Very loud hotel guests. After I called the front desk to complain the noise stopped but slammed doors continued the next morning.
-An opened bottle of pomegranate juice was in the minibar when I checked in.
-The minibar was so warm that smoothies I brought from home spoiled.
-I found it off that there were no sheets on the bed, only a comforter.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Tay-Bl, I am sorry to hear your experience didn't live up to expectations. Certainly the juices should always be refreshed and the minibar should chill.

We are located in the heart of the entertainment district, which sometimes leads to noise from in-house guests or the neighborhood. I am glad they quited down after you notified the hotel.

I am not sure what you mean about the bedding, as all our beds do have sheets on them. We do use a duvet and duvet cover, while other hotels use blankets and then a top sheet, perhaps that is what you are referring to.

I hope you have a chance to enjoy Savannah again in the future, Matt
Union, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our stay at Andaz was fantastic! The service was outstanding. I don't think I've ever encountered nicer people than at the Andaz; every interaction with a staff person was pleasant and helpful. The concierge recommended excellent restaurants and beautiful plantations to visit. The lobby is uniquely designed, with a large bar and sitting areas for relaxing, and each guest is offered a complimentary glass of wine upon arrival. The guest rooms were large, impeccably clean, and modern, and our room (617) had a gorgeous view of the Talmadge Memorial Bridge. If I had to find a complaint, it would probably be that there was very little water pressure in the shower. However, the beds were like heaven!

Andaz is centrally located and walkable to just about everything you would want to do and see in Savannah. We would definitely return!

P.S. The valet guys are the best around. The day we checked out, we left our luggage with reception while we grabbed some breakfast. We returned to find our SUV perfectly packed and ready to go with all of our suitcases and bags, which we know was not an easy task.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ksher21, I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your visit and your nice review. I am sorry the shower pressure was low during your visit, hopefully you have a chance to return and we can make that right. All the best, Matt
Bayside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

The Andaz is located right across from Ellis Square and an easy walk to everything. The staff were unbelievably nice and helpful. You felt at home as soon as you entered. Our room was a little on the small side, but was well decorated and clean. We had a view of Ellis Square, so that was really nice. If you are going to Savannah, this is hotel worth staying in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeffrey M, thank you for your visit and your nice review, please come back to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

It's situated in a great location right in the heart of the beautiful historic district of Savannah. It's a good hotel but not up to the Andaz standard. I've stayed in many Andaz hotels and I'm use to things like expansive rooms, sleek bathrooms with waterfall showers etc. Alas that's not the case here, rooms are tight even in upgraded suites. The bathrooms have dark, tight showers with a single very basic shower head. Also despite not putting the card on my bed, which said if I didn't, my sheets would be changed they weren't. After a week and my sheets started to get pretty dirty I went down, with card, and asked I was informed I needed to request a sheet change. The terrace was lovely with great chairs, but was situated in such a way that it didn't get any sun all day. There were still some great Andaz touches here from free snacks, soft drinks and wifi. Beds were very comfortable with overflowing pillows. But alas in comparison to other great Andaz properties such as in New York or Napa there is no comparison. This hotel is lucky with how beautiful Savannah is.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Chris C, thank you for staying with us and thank you for your loyalty to Andaz. I am sorry we didn't live up to the experiences you had at our sister hotels in NYC and Napa. My apologies for the issue with your bedding refresh as our team is obviously not on the same page. I hope that if you have a chance to return that you will contact me directly so I can personally see to the details of your stay. All the best, Matt

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!