“Contemporary/Modern Feel with Southern Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Contemporary/Modern Feel with Southern Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

If you are looking for a contemporary hotel with the charm of the South, you must stay here! We visit Savannah often for a quick get away a couple of times a year. The staff was beyond helpful and courteous. All of our needs and questions were asked and anticipated throughout our stay. We have stayed at other hotels in the historic district of Savannah and they were all very nice, but I personally appreciated the sleek lines and fine fabrics and furnishings of this hotel. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in a long time! Our room was a corner unit which looked over Ellis Square. I highly recommend asking for one of these rooms. The view and natural light was beautiful! This hotel was well worth the expense!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room looking over Ellis Square! Beautiful!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Jennifer L, thank you for your nice review. It sounds like you stayed in the Ellis suite, which is one of my favorite of our rooms, I love the view over the square and the furnishings. Please come back soon! Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We chose this hotel based on its location to City Market and the reviews previously posted. The hotel and it's staff exceeded our expectations. The front desk clerk, I believe her name was Brenda, was very gracious and helped in providing options for our visit. All personnel were very friendly and professional. The hotel is only two blocks from our favorite Starbucks and the walk allows for window shopping. My only complaint is paid parking ($16) in a city lot but for only $7 more, valet parking enhanced the experience. To my knowledge, hotels in Savannah charge for parking. We definitely plan to return to this wonderful home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Raven_Sunshine, thank you for your visit and for your review, I will be sure to the let front desk team know about your comments. Please come back soon, Matt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and two children (15 & 11) just returned from a night at Andaz. Although it was a very short stay, I found this hotel to be fabulous. The staff is extremely friendly and the location is perfect in the center of the historic district. The Andaz has a cool modern flair, the rooms were spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. We ate breakfast in their cafe, the chef making eggs and fresh preserves was great! We can't say enough wonderful things about our short stay here, this is a definite if you need a great place to stay in Savannah!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Michael S, I am happy you and your family had such a nice visit, hope you all have a chance to return to Andaz Savannah soon, Matt
Satellite Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband, two children and I stayed at this property while traveling from FL on our way to New York for Christmas. What a wonderful hotel.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the front desk clerk and offered a complimentary glass of wine. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful....and we arrived at 8pm!
The hotel is located in City Market, with lots of shops and restaurants right out the front door. The lobby artwork and all through the hotel is gorgeous.
Our room included a breakfast buffet which I can honestly say is one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. Eggs cooked to ordered, fresh fruit, homemade muffins, sliced tomatoes, yogurt and smoothies just to name a few items offered.
My daughter (9) is mailing her teacher a postcard from every stop we make. The hotel had complimentary postcards at the front desk. After she wrote her note, I asked where I mightbe able to get a stamp and mail the card. The front desk took the card and said they would take care of it. It may not be much (44 cents for a stamp) but the fact they made the effort, really shows how a little can go a long way.
Oh, I almost forgot. My daughter lost her new (Christmas gift from grandparents) Pandora bracelet and we didn't notice until we were about 100 miles away from the Andaz. We called the hotel, they looked in the lobby and our room, called me back and said they found it on the bed. I like to believe people and good and honest in this world and it looks like the Andaz has hired several!
We will be staying again on our way home.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dawn S, thank you for the nice review! I am so happy that we found your daughter's necklace. Come back soon, Matt
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We just arrived at the Andaz today but we don't want to leave! This place is really amazing, the people are friendly and it is in the best location possible (Olde Pink house is a 4 minute walk). The check-in process was really smooth. I was greeted by a woman with an ipad and she asked me a few things while she checked me in: You get complimentary wine (or other drinks), the paper in the morning (they will ask you your preference) and you also get to pick what floor you stay on (again, they will ask you). The valet guys are really friendly too.

The look of this hotel is what sets it apart in Savannah. While most hotels have old world charm, Andaz manages to blend that with contemporary, warm tones. You feel at home here.

We also really love the concierge person, Dale. He provided us with information about dining options and was very pleasant.

Some awesome amenities: there is 24 hour valet (for $23), the bar is really cool and they play amazing music, there is an onsite restaurant (though you probably won't use it with river street and other restaurants nearby).

The reason I am giving it 4 stars is because the rooms could be a little better appointed. Right now I am in a room with a VERY loud AC system, which i've set to heat but is actually blowing out cold air. The shower leaves much to be desired....there's hardly any space to shower given that it is an open shower (which I like, but this one lets out lots of water onto the floor). There's also no bath in this room, but that might be different in other rooms. Again, you can probably ask for these things to be fixed/other accommodations but I reserve 5 stars for truly amazing hotels that are flawless.

Finally, I think this is a pretty good bang for your buck, at $139 a night you really can't beat the location and the feeling of this hotel. I would recommend it and will probably stay here again at some point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 6th floor with a view of Ellis square or the river.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MMARI007, thank you for your visit and your review. I am sorry for the issues with the AC noise and room appointments, but I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you at Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Neptune, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

When we arrived we felt right at home as we were invited to take a seat while the front desk staff grabbed us a drink. We utilized the concierge to book us restaurant reservations, theater tickets, transportation to dinners and airport, and trolley tickets. We spent a few nights having after dinner drinks at the bar. Jacob was our bartender. My husband loved the mint juleps he made. We also had breakfast at the restaurant, which included a whole spread of fruits, breads, personalized omelettes, and pancakes. We loved it! The style of the hotel was modern. The rooms were neat and the beds were heavenly. You felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. The location of the hotel was ideal. We were in walking distance of River Street, City Market, and many of the other local attractions and restaurants ( including Lady and Sons). We had to stay an additional night since our flight was cancelled. The front desk accomodated us and provided us with the room at the best rate available. If we come back, we'll definitely stay at the Andaz.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackie G, thank you for your very nice review, and thanks for staying an extra night! Please come back soon, Matt
Springboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The service was friendly on check-in. Not the most lush, or even the most modern hotel I've patronized, but I liked it nonetheless. I would say very modern for SaGa standards. We were greeted with a glass of wine. It was only OK wine, but the hospitable check-in made me smile.

Free food and non-alcoholic drinks were stocked in the rooms. That was a first. But don't bother with the alcoholic stuff - because the bartender, Jacob, was one of the best we've ever had. He made us some of the most delicious and beautiful libations ever. Even if you don't stay here, check out the bar right inside the hotel entrance. Love the drinks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringboroAtty, thank you for your visit and your nice review, I will be sure to let Jacob know what a great impression he made on you. He really is the best, Matt

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!