“First Rate Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Teaneck,NJ
“First Rate Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This attractive and well-located, stylish hotel is truly an excellent value offering large,nicely furnished rooms and attentive,helpful staff. The hotel's bar and restaurant are also of high quality deserving a visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
efarkasTeaneck_NJ, thank you for your stay and review! Thanks for mentioning 22SQ bar, it is the best! Come back soon, Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
NOLA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

No complaints about our 4 night stay. The location was perfect for walking everywhere. The staff are all very friendly, the room comfortable and nice. The free water/snacks are nice. The toiletries are nice as well. Only tip - of on the 5th floor, the ice machine is on any floor but yours! We did not get a chance to try the restaurant but had a craft cocktail at
The bar and they were yums! Also, we went to Tybee Island one afternoon. The concierge told is a cab was the best way to get there so we spent $40 on a cab. While on the island, locals told is about the shuttle that runs back and forth for $3 each (leaves Savannah visitor center). We took that back and it was perfectly fine. Would have been nice know before the $40 cab!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
A B , thank you for your visit and your review. My apologies about the taxi confusion, we should always provide our guests with all options. We have ice machines on our even numbered floors, so 2, 4 and 6. No machines on odd numbered floors, so 3 or 5, good info for anyone who wants to be close to the machine.
Come back soon, Matt
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We've decided on a rather last minute trip to Savannah. Luckily being the week before Thanksgiving, Andaz had a few rooms available. We decided on the two-queen room.

The hotel itself is located at the heart of Downtown Savanna, right on Ellis Square to be exact. Moments away from City Market (where there are tons of cool shops and restaurants), fantastic restaurants on Congress, shopping on Broughton and the beautiful River is just one street over. If you are looking for a hotel that is in a prime location with walking distance to almost everything Savannah has to offer, this is it.

A very nice hotel staff greeted us as we walked into the lobby. She offered us a welcome beverage and checked us in on her iPad (possibly the quickest check-in I've ever had). The decor is modern and very beautiful.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, looking directly at the beautiful pool and fire pit (on the second floor). The room was very spacious: two large queen beds, a writing desk, a TV console with storage for your things, a closet space and a large bathroom with modern amenities. The beds turned out to be very comfortable. Just a small thing, I am 5'10 and I thought the bed was teeny bit short (half of my feet were hanging out).

All the beverages in the room with the exception of alcohol, are complimentary. Sometimes you are just too tired to go out to find a bottle of water, so the convenience of being able to take a drink from your room fridge, without paying sky high prices was a huge plus.

The hotel has a fitness center, a very lovely outdoor area completed with swimming pool (temperature controlled), cabanas, loungers, and a fire pit. Business center is on the first floor; as well as a bar and restaurant. We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant but the menu looks promising.

Overall our experience with Andaz Savannah was wonderful. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff are very friendly. I have no doubt we will return the next time we're in Savannah.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JJD82, thank you for your very thorough review, it is so nice to see how the hotel worked so well for your visit. Please return to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at the Andaz. This hotel is so cool. It excells at the small things. Everything is free in the minibar except alcohol. This sounds great it was the offerings were water,Coke and Diet Coke. It was a small thing but was a huge hit for us. They leave a bag of chips.Kashi bar.great candies and peanuts. The rooms are to die for, large spacious. The bed was something else, like sleeping on a cloud. Wonderful microfiber linens. This hotel was fantastic. Service was prompt and pleasant. Breakfast was good but different. GREAT STAY!!

Room Tip: Get a loft room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Josephmorganshanks, thank you for visiting Andaz Savannah and thank you for your tripadvisor review. Please come back soon, Matt
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at the Andaz for 3 nights and the experience could not be better. Great and warm service, elegant lobby, amazing suites and probably the best location in Savannah, in Ellis Square. Centrally located next to City Market and a few blocks away from Bay Street and the river section. Good restaurant inside the hotel and within walking distance.

Room Tip: We stayed 3 nights and they gave us an upgrade to a suite. Top floor has a magnificent view of the c...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ana P, thank you for your wonderful review, I see you are local to Savannah, it is gratifying to be able to take care of a local! Please stay again soon! Matt
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I looked for days on trip advisor for a fantastic and romantic hotel in Savannah for our 24th wedding anniversary and choose the Andez. We had never been to this town even though we have lived in Atlanta for the last 22 years. Because I was unfamiliar with the town I was really particular about reading through all the reviews. Although there were some average reviews on this hotel, none of them were bad and I now know why. This is not a bad hotel. But this is also not a great hotel. To start off with I booked directly with the hotel and in the comments section I asked to please make sure, if possible, that we would have a room with a view over the square with a balcony and I mentioned that it was our 24 yr anniversary. I called the hotel on the drive down there and they said that they had us in a room on the street side. I explained that I had asked for a room with a view to the square with a balcony-which is not an upgrade btw-. The nice lady I spoke with on the phone seemed surprised which let me know that no one even read my comment in my reservation. Oh well, thats ok because she said that it was no problem to move me into the room area I requested in the first place. So we get there and they are very nice and check us in and offer us a glass of wine-very cool!! Lobby is VERY small and very tight-pretty and simple, but not fancy. I again told the girl checking us in that it was our anniversary and we were glad to be there. She kindly got us all set up and we headed up the elevator (after sitting there for a while wondering why the elevator was not moving-lol-it is because you have to use your card to go up the elevator, or down the elevator, or go between floors, or get into the pool area on the 2nd floor-remember, you had to use your card just to get to the second floor so not sure why you have to use card again to get to pool. You also had to use card to get out of area-ROYAL pain!!!) When we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised because it is very cute. It is small but has a separate room and a nice little sitting area. We LOVED the fact that the mini bar has free non-alcoholic beverages and snacks BUT we were not very happy about the fact that the previous guests had left there leftover chicken fried chicken in the fridge and it was still there......it was gross but I did not want to get a housekeeper in trouble and we had just settled in and I did not want to start complaining right away. I just wanted to relax and enjoy myself, so we went and threw it away in the hall and started our anniversary. The location of the hotel is really good BUT any hotel in historic savannah overlooking a sqaure, and there are lots of them, are in a great location!! The bellman, Garfield was wonderful and we tipped him every chance we got because he was always so helpful and friendly but when he was not there no one else ever opened the door for us and it was not because they were too busy but because they were hanging out talking to each other. This did not happen a couple of times but every time, unless Garfield was standing there. Again, not that big of a deal, just something that I noticed. Ok, so here we are now at Sat night and we are awoken by a VERY loud and scary alarm-Fire alarm-which is going on long enough for us to jump out of bed and throw our clothes on and then it stops. I call downstairs and the girl tells me that someone pulled the alarm by mistake. Well, I guess things happen, right? So we get back in bed and about 30 mins later-it happens again!!!! Needless to say we did not sleep so well Sat night. Sun am at 9 am housekeeping knocks on our door and calls out "Housekeeping" and I go to the door thinking WTH are they bothering us on the morning we are checking out???? She apologizes and leaves. I assume they have our room confused with someone elses. Nothing huge makes this hotel a place not worthy of a visit but I am certain that there are far better options for less money. Also, not a big deal, but I found it very unprofessional and a bit rude that no one ever said "Happy Anniversary", nor even leave a little note in our room. Last year we stayed for the weekend at the Ritz Carlton in Atl and they were amazing-they left a beautiful note and left a cake and choc covered strawberries and a bottle of sparking juice in our suite with a beautiful rose. It meant the world to us and YES, I know it is the Ritz so you would not be surprised by their professionalism, but I really thought a small note or a simple "Thanks for choosing us to spend your anniversary with" would have been in order. For the money, you can do much better. I would stay at this hotel and leave a good review if the hotel was a budget hotel, not a $250 a night hotel!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Petersons201, congratulations on your anniversary! I am happy that you decided to spend it with us and am sorry we didn't take the time to acknowledge it while you were our guest. My apologies as well for the false fire alarm, they always scare me and I am sure it was unnerving. I will be sure to share your comments with our valet Garfield, he is the best. Hope to to see you again soon, Matt
Blackstone, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let me start the review by saying wow. This hotel is great: very very clean throughout ( in Savannah they take pride in their city), staff overall was very friendly (except sometimes the desk staff. other then check-in), and location is in the heart of the activities. Pool is open and heated nicely but only is a max four feet deep, but was refreshing as most people do not use it off season.

We had the loft room which had plenty of room with a couch and a chair and a small balcony.
They stock the fridge each day and provide snacks. All are free except alcohol. In room coffee is just ok and typical with powder milk. They should look at upgrading this aspect.

Valet parking was $23 per day but during a busy time is a good option, else you can self park. We opted for valet. I believe the website indicates $20 per day.

Two items surprised us. First the hotel did not assist me in getting flowers for my wife. They did provide me with a telephone number of a local florist that worked out great but they do not seems to help with the extra's which was a little surprising. Second on the day of our arrival we had made 6:00 PM dinner reservations in the hotel restaurant. When we got to our room the phone rings and even though they accepted the reservation they would not honor it until 7:30 or beyond because they were supporting a food event in their lobby as part of a local wine/food festival.

Overall a great hotel that I would highly recommend and will stay again when in Savannah.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the city to be away from the morning dumpster pick up
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RayV555, thank you for your visit and for taking the time to review the hotel. My apologies for the confusion regarding your dinner reservation, we should not have taken a reservation if the table wouldn't be available. I am sorry as well that the staff referred you to a florist but did not make the arrangement themselves, certainly it would be easy enough for us to handle. Hope you have a chance to stay again soon- Matt

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!