“Cool and Chic.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, NC
“Cool and Chic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you want a cool, modern hotel this is the place. Although I am not a big fan of modern, this hotel won me over and I would recommend it. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The check in and bar areas are one and the same and this is a bit quirky in that there is little privacy at check in. The space is welcoming and bright. We stayed in a suite with a balcony which overlooked the pool. The bed was comfy and the amenities excellent. The bathroom was oversized with a beautiful soaking tub and separate shower. There were dual vanities so we had plenty of room. The mini bar is free except for the alcohol which was somewhat limited. The hotel was quiet. I would describe the hotel as a stepsister to the Four Seasons, excellent but something was missing. The location is without equal and is close to the historic district and the river and City Market. Very easy to get to. Bravo to Andaz.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
NCSmokey, thanks for your stay and for your review! I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and were able to get past the modern decor. I love the stepsister comment, I may start using that line myself! Matt

1,517 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location. Our suite was very comfortable. The valet staff was especially friendly. Only negative: no one advised us to take something other than a cab. It took the cab forever to arrive. The pedicab was much faster and more convenient.

• Stayed September 2013
Doubledeacon, thanks for your business and your review. Sorry we missed the boat on recommending a pedicab, they are very easy to use. Please come back to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

On a recent business trip, my associate and I were responsible for our client's accomodations. We knew we had to stay at Andaz. The rooms combine functionality with high end comforts. He was very impressed. We were greeted three times by the time we reached the front desk. We had home cooked omelettes by Miss Mary who is as hospitable and kind as they come. It's like having your Mom cook your favorite meal when she's in a great mood! The location is perfect for a quick walk to River St. and restaurants. This is the only place I'll stay when I'm in Savannah. I have to come back for pleasure rather than business. My wife would love it.

Room Tip: I got room on the sixth floor looking out toward the bridge. It afforded a wonderful view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greg W, thank you for your very nice comments, I will be sure to share them with Mary and the team. Hope to see you back at Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The Andaz hotel advertises "Skip Fridays is a new pool party for locals at ANDAZ Savannah. Every Friday Noon to 9pm. Live music, great cocktails, and snacks". We called ahead to find out some details we were connected to a few people because no one had any information about the event. I was finally connected to the Chef who was very excited and told us the event was going on at that time (1:30pm) we unpacked our suitcases and walked to the hotel the pool area was empty there was a guy sleeping, someone painting and the band setting up. There was no bartender so after waiting about 15 minutes I called the hotel again and mentioned I was there but there was no one there to take orders etc. Immediately a man in a suit came to the pool area and had a conversation with the guy painting while he pointed to me and my guest the entire time. The painter guy became the bartnder and later the waiter. We paid $20 for terrible service. They shoud not advertise an event if they can not provide one. We received 1 drink for our $20 but nothing else. After an hour and a half we were able to order food, which I must say was very good. After we ate we left. The band was ok there were 2 guys one singing and one playing a guitar. After the set up they were swimming in the pool why not we were the only 2 guest at the pool party. A waste of time and money we should have stayed at our hotels pool for free.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Tikisha, sorry you had a poor experience at our happy hour, if you contact me directly I can refund your admission fee. Matt
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous location for all that Savannah has to offer. We got a great deal on a walk in for 2 nights. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, the bed was super comfortable with the most gorgeous Egyptian cotton sheets. Staff are wonderfully friendly. Valet parking is quite pricey but you can self park in a lot just outside the hotel. We didn't get the opportunity to use the pool but it looked lovely. The only negative comment I have is that the lobby is extremely noisy although this is not at all transferred to the rooms. I'd definitely recommend and would happily go back.

• Stayed September 2013
HodgyNorthumberland, thank you for your stay and thank you for your review, I hope you have a chance to return to Andaz Savannah again soon, Matt
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I chose Andaz after researching places on Tripadvisor! We could not have been more pleased with our experience. The place is beautiful and staff was so friendly and helpful.

We arrived very late about 12 AM, as we were driving from Chicago- we were greeted with a smiling enthusiastic group of individuals. There was a mix up with out reservation- which was quickly rectified and they upgraded our room! We were also provided with recommendations for restaurants and tours.

Some of our favorites- Alligator Soul for dinner (make reservations), we sat at bar and had a wonderful experience with bartenders Ryan and Melvin, Goose Feathers for breakfast and lunch, Leopold's for ice cream, Vinnie Van Go-Go's for pizza, trolley tour was worth it, and Andrew Lowe House was interesting- Savannah is a great walking town!! Loved it!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
NicoleJustin,
Thank you for your very nice review. I am sorry for whatever error we made to your reservation, but so happy that is was quickly resolved. I hope you have a chance to return to Andaz Savannah soon! All the best, Matt
Kiawah Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at this property on the recommendation of a coworker who recently vacationed at the Andaz and was impressed with the wonderful customer service that she experienced during her stay. I must say that I was also most impressed at the level at which the staff goes above and beyond to ensure that your stay at the Andaz Savannah is both memorable and enjoyable. On the recommendation of others who've posted here, I decided to forego the valet parking and park in the city garage because I didn't have much luggage given that I was only staying for two nights. I am familiar with the location of the garage and went to park before checking in but found the garage to be full, so rather than seek out parking I decided to proceed to the hotel and take advantage of the valet service and was very glad that I did. The valet was prompt, efficient and friendly and this proved to be much more convenient to remove my luggage at the curb and turn my car over to him. I am extremely impressed with the staff's professionalism at this hotel. I'd definitely give the Andaz staff 5-stars and I can honestly say that they are the most professional of any hotel in which I've ever stayed. Someone was always at the door to hold the door for you and greet you. I was also extremely impressed at the housekeeping standards. The room was immaculate. From the bathroom to the bedroom, everything was truly spotless and I am very discriminating when it comes to cleanliness standards. I visited to Savannah with a friend to celebrate his birthday and the staff knocked on the door shortly after we checked in with a card for him, which he appreciated. The hotel design is very modern and chic and reminiscent of other newer Hyatt boutique properties where I regularly stay in the southeast. The convenience of this hotel is outstanding with it being right at Ellis Square and within walking distance of the entire Historic District. I never had to use my car the entire length of our stay. I am most impressed with the reponsiveness of General Manager Matt Graham. When I returned home, I received a survey from Hyatt inquiring about my stay and I expressed some minor concerns and suggestions that would have taken my visit from a "4" to a "5 out of 5". I was immediately contacted by Mr. Graham who could not have been more apologetic and accommodating and genuinely appreciative of my candor. It is because of this "going above and beyond" by Mr. Graham that I rate my experience a "5 out of 5." He is a definite asset to this hotel and it's evident that he is dedicated to the total guest experience in making certain that guests leave happy and satisfied with their stay. I commend you for having such conscientious and dedicated team members on your staff. It definitely shows. I'm pleased to say that my first visit to Andaz Savannah will not be my last and I very much look forward to returning soon and hopefully having an opportunity to stay longer the next time.

Room Tip: Request a suite as regular rooms, while nicely appointed, are quite small. Also request a room with...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Matt G, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
mas11068, thank you for your very nice review! I am happy we were able to take care of your issue and look forward to having you back as a guest again soon, Matt

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!