“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Good location. Plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. Staff was friendly. We got the regular king size room. It was nice but small. If you plan on spending much time in your room I would upgrade to a bigger room.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Southwick, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed at the Andaz in Savannah GA. The hotel is perfectly positioned on Ellis Square. Free internet a very nice bar and free mini bar in the room minus alcohol. The bed was extremely comfortable. Excellent security as you need the room key to get the elevator to move. All in all a very nice place to stay in the central part of Savannah.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
como
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

As frequent Hyatt guest I took the opportunity in this trip to souther US to stay in Andaz for my first time . This one is perfectly situated in Ellis Square permitting you to walk to major places of interests of the town . The river side is just few meter away and the rest ,well may be taking longer time but walking in Savannah is a pleasure for eyes at every corner .
There is a valet service (23 usd per night ) so that you can drop your car on arrival and get inside the very light lobby where the reception people will take good care of you . Lobby , bar and restaurant all all connected and offer a proper sense of open space , nice lamps and barstools are adorning the bar . Wonderful food selection, and special mark for the breakfast that is carefully made , offering a correct combination of hearty and healthy food with innovative proposals as well.

Service is overall super efficient and careful
We got a room with view on the Square , enough large and with sitting area. Bathroom oversized (probably due to the fact that the room is also foreseen for disabled guest ).
Superbe confortable bed .
Why I did not rate the hotel as excellent, just because in my opinion it lacks of personality and of that touch that make a place really above all.
Also the fact that Concierge staff stops working at 6 pm is somehow strange
Andaz is a place that I do strong recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Previously in Savannah, I had always stayed at Historic B&Bs. Unfortunately my Inn of choice was just out of the budget for this vacation. I was worried about staying at a Hotel, thinking it wouldn't be as 'charming' or as 'Savannah' as my previous experiences. Boy was I wrong...

From the moment I was greeted by the Andaz staff, in the swanky, sleek and sophisticated foyer I experienced what Southern hospitality really was about. Efficient, unpretentious and welcoming. The check-in process was something I had never seen before. Staff, bearing iPads, come up to you then take your details and check you in. This is a nice change from lines and the typical check in desk. I think the mobility of check in was a nice change from the typical. At check in you are offered a drink in the lobby, as I was excited to see my room.

The hallway to the rooms is a little different. They're going for a dark swanky look. It might not be to all tastes.

Our room was a Deluxe Suite on the 6th floor. We were upgraded from a Suite to a Deluxe Suite for $18 per night. The only slight issue with the room is that is was a Disability Access room, so the bathroom door was a little different to use. Not a biggie!

The room was extremely spacious and provided plenty of seating and a very functional kitchen. The minibar is all 'complementary' with the exception of alcoholic beverages. Everything from water, soft drink, granola bars and chocolates were included.

The bathroom was very large and contained a walk in shower. The shower did not have a shower curtain (yay!!). which is a blessing as I dislike them. Others may find that the shower room is little cold because of that. The amenities (soaps, hair products) were all very nice. The hotel also boasts a long list of complementary personal amenities should you need anything.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and a good selection of pillows was provided. I had excellent sleep quality at the property. My room overlooked Barnard St and Ellis Square. There were no issues with noise on a Sunday and Monday night.

So it is fair to say, that staying in a hotel did not at all detract from my 'Savannah' experience. In fact, it was actually a welcome change from all the rules of a B&B! No one telling me what time I needed to be seated for breakfast, no need for 'shhhh!', no curfew. The property is wonderful, the staff are helpful and it is in a top location for sightseeing. I felt very safe in and around the property. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this property to anyone.

Florida and Georgia residents - be sure to take advantage of the 'Staycation' rates. They're an excellent discount.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The last time we stayed at the Andaz (November 2012) they couldn't do enough to take care of us. This time we added an extra day to our drive south in order to spend more time at the Andaz. We were disappointed to be left stranded on the street with no one coming to help with our luggage or car. We finally decided to self-park and after driving around for quite some time were able to find parking for far less than the valet rate. After going inside several times to inquire, we were finally given a luggage cart. The bellman helped to load it up, pushed it into the lobby, and left me there with it - not interested in bringing it up to the room. The room was funky and the decor was great, but it was far too small for two people to navigate any movement from one part of the room to another. A traffic signal would be helpful. I was longing for a bath after the very rainy Savannah afternoon, but there was no bathtub. The shower is big and that is great, but since it has no door having a shower soaked the bathroom floor and I had to do chamber maid duty several times to dry it up.

I like the Andaz. It's in a great location. The concierge and check-in staff are wonderful. We didn't eat at the restaurant this time, but last time it was exceptional. The fire pit, pool, and deck are beautiful. The wine at check-in is a nice touch. I want the Andaz to be great and with just a few tweaks, it could be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
York, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a perfectly located property, right on Ellis Square. My sister and I both commented that the staff was so consistent and helpful that they must have an excellent training program. The decor is modern and bright. The free internet and minibar (except alcohol) was an unexpected treat ... and they replenish it once or twice a day. Bed was extremely comfortable and bathroom was first class, including top of the line shampoo and such. I would not stay anywhere else if I were to return to Savannah ... this was really just about perfect!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Andaz Savannah to attend a conference at the Hyatt in November. It was ideally located to do that, if the Hyatt is booked solid, like it was for me. The hotel is older in design but was renovated in the recent past and is really quite elegant. As noted, the lobby can only be described as awkward. The second floor deck and pool is very relaxing and quiet, and the pool is small, but enjoyable. The gym is small as well, but usable. The room that I had was very clean, and well designed. The bathroom was large and well stocked. The bed was comfortable. I would suggest higher floors, as there is a fire department nearby. I did enjoy the free samples in the room of local snacks. I was surprised to note that the breakfast was very expensive and was absolutely not included. I stayed for a full week and enjoyed the proximity to the river walk, and the multiple parks nearby. The local restaurants were quite good, I recommend the Sushi restaurant right next door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!