“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
v1grad
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

When you want to plan for the best possible stay in Savannah this is the place to be.While I thought that the standard room was a bit small in comparison to other hotel offerings, it certainly had a level of comfort that the others weren't able to match. I upgraded to a suite halfway through my stay and it was a really fantastic room with a view of the square. Bed is super comfortable.Greatest location to get to the sights in the town. One of the best hotels I have stayed in period.

Room Tip: The suite I stayed in was fantastic although there was some late night noise that woke me u from the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose to stay here for the weekend of our wedding. It was waking distance from our rehearsal dinner and from our reception venue. From the moment we stepped out of our car the staff was amazing. They have the most friendliest and professional staff I have ever been in contact with in ANY hotel! We received a complimentary glass of wine while checking in and one of the staff actually held my wedding dress for me so I could enjoy my wine! The room was great! It was a corner suite so we had a wrap around view of the square below. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and had an awesome open walk in shower. His and her bath robes and slippers were provided. They even left us a nice congratulations note on the bed upon arrival! I would definitely return to this hotel the next time we are in Savannah!

• Stayed April 2013
Nanuet, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Andaz is a first rate property located in Historic Downtown Savannah within walking distance of all the Historic area sites. Very clean and orderly hotel with a terrific staff. You are greeted on entry by a front desk representative who electronically is able to register you in seconds. A glass of wine and friendly introduction to the offerings of the Andaz and you are on your way in minutes. The lobby bar is comfortable but not cozy, it is an open area with comfortable seating areas. The bar itself is sleek and efficient. The bartender was very easy to talk to and will encourage you to sip some of the speciality drinks the Hotel offers. I did not eat in the hotel restaurant so I can't comment, I simply did not have the time. Room service was spot on and I thought inexpensive. The room was a little tight, they seemed to have forced a lounging chair into the space without much thought. Standard closet, very nice bath facilities, flat screen HD television, very comfortable king size bed. The a/c worked very well during my visit. My room was on the 6th floor overlooking a parking garage and part of Ellis Square. During my stay there were no concerts so street noise was no problem. My room was near the staff laundry room which had a very noisy fan running 24 hours a day. Once you were in the room this wasn't an issue. The hotel is very close to all. I had no problem walking the entire district. A stop on one of the hop-on hop-off trolley operators is right outside the front door of the hotel. The horse carriage operators are only a short block away. Taxi fare from Savannah Airport to the hotel (or anywhere in the downtown historic area) was $28 dollars. You do not need a car if your visit will only be in historic Savannah. I would most definitley recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly and attentive, they seemed to enjoy their jobs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manhattan, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Andaz Savannah is wonderfully charming, both in location and overall experience. Staff wait outside and inside the front doors to greet you daily and make sure you are well taken care of. The interior is creative, artistic, edgy and contemporary, as well as spotless, and the guest room beds are exceptional. It's gorgeous. Being in the heart of the historic district, everything in downtown Savannah is within easy walking distance. Ellis Square and City Market are right outside the front door, River Street is a block away, and the walk to Forsyth Park allows for a perfect stroll through city squares along the way. My sister and I truly loved spending 4 nights here. I wasn't long enough!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is a very nice boutique hotel in the heart of Savannah's Historic District just a couple of blocks from Savannah's famed River Street. A door man always opens the door for you and you are met in the lobby by the staff at a long open desk, not the big walled off registration desks as in most hotels. The check in staff immediately offered us a complimentary drink of our choice, including wine. The check in process was painless and quick.

Although we had a king bed, the room was on the small side, but beautifully appointed. We had a small refrigerator-minibar stocked with bottled water, orange juice, soda, and beer, along with some snacks on top of it. Unlike most hotels who have these amenities, EVERYTHING except the alcoholic drinks were COMPLIMENTARY! Unbelievable! I've never seen this, but was so pleased. The bed was very comfortable.

The only thing I'd complain about is that every time we wanted to get onto their WiFi, we had to sign in, even if we just put the computer to sleep. No other hotel we've been in has that issue, so that should be fixed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

From the location to the value, this is an amazing hotel. All of our needs were anticipated. We didn't have to ask for anything as everything was provided. It looked like we were the first people to ever use the room that is how clean it was. The bed was like sleeping on a marshmallow. Not to mention the free drinks we received while checking in. Not only would stay if I came to savannah again but I also plan on booking at their other locations world wide.

• Stayed April 2013
Vienna, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went as 3 couples for a long weekend. Each couple had a loft suite and were satisfied with the size and furnishings. The mini bar provided free non alcoholic drinks and snacks while the lobby offered both Nespresso and brewed coffee. The bartender was very friendly as were all of the front desk and lobby staff.

Location was extremely convenient and airport transportation was easily arranged by the lobby staff.

This Hyatt added lots of touches to make this an excellent boutique hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!