“Sweet and helpful service, great location” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis
“Sweet and helpful service, great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

From start to finish, the service at the hotel was great! Upon arrival, we were offered wine and help getting our agenda set up. The staff was ultra sweet and very helpful. Sara even sent a personal email after I arrived home to make sure I had a great time. Very great experience at the hotel and in Savannah!

Regarding location, the hotel is very close to most local attractions - the trolley stop is right outside the door!

Definitely recommend - great value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I really loved the boutique feel of this hotel. It's definitely luxury, without being even a little stuffy. We stayed in one of the loft rooms. It was beautiful and spacious, but I would have prefered a larger balcony to enjoy the nice weather and a bath tub in place of the very large and cold shower. My favorite thing about this hotel was definitely the fabulous bar with the candied bacon. Definitely stop in for a perfect cocktail even if you are staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: I loved my loft room, but I'm sure the lower level are just as good for the price.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Was attending a business meeting with many of our party staying in the other hotel. I think we hit gold. After 19 hours of travelling and jetlagged, the welcome by Melanie was first class with the offer of a free glass of wine. The room was lovely and had a chaise longue which I loved. There were some problems with hot water in the evening but fine in the morning. However the welcome and warmth of all of the staff more then compensated. We also had breakfast in the hotel, and day 2 the waitress knew the way my colleague and I enjoyed our tea and coffee and the food was very pleasant. The staff were very good for organising reservations etc.
It is also located in a lovely spot, a very short walk from the river front and on a lovely square. Dot was also a lovely lady we met a number of occasions

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pedro P, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
We are joyed to hear that you had a positive stay here at the Andaz Savannah. Rest assured I will let all of our team members know of your great comments. Many thanks Pedro Perez General Manager
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

It is rare that I give any accommodation five stars. We have stayed in Savannah once prior to this at the same time of year. My husband booked this hotel as we were in town for his conference. At first I was disappointed because I wanted to stay in another haunted hotel or B&B. After at awful time with our flight through Atlanta trying to get there (they didn't charge us the first night as Delta could not get us into Savannah for fog), we arrived the next morning and were checked-in early (about 9:30 a.m.). The location is great! The hotel has a very modern, clean, and welcoming atmosphere. I have never stayed anywhere where everyone from the doormen, to the guest relations, to waitstaff and housekeeping were ALL so pleasant. I don't know what kind of training or screening they go through there but rarely do we experience a "Disney" level of service while traveling elsewhere.

Our bartender was very skilled in the art of QUALITY, fresh, hand-made cocktails. He was pleasant and we enjoyed talking to him Friday and Saturday. You could order dinner at the bar which we did one night. The food served for breakfast and dinner consists of LOCAL, FRESH, Seasonal items. BRAVO! I hope more take the lead of Andaz.. The breakfast was included with our rate which meant that up to $18 (which happens to be the price of the buffet and basic drinks) is included. The breakfast buffet was really great. It was not a run of the mill type of presentation or menu. The menu for both the bar and restaurant was inventive and fresh.

Our room on the top floor in 610 was was very clean and quiet, though you could hear folks accessing their rooms. Occasionally we heard a motorcycle or yell from the street below. The blackout curtains were wonderful. The down pillows, comforter and mattress were truly heavenly. I even looked at the tags so we could purchase the same ones at home. We did not use room service. The only and absolutely bizarre part about our stay was that we did not sleep well and we have no idea why! We heard strange noises in our room which kept us awake or kept waking us up. The window treatment cords kept banging against the window, loud furniture knocks, and then in the middle of the night it sounded like we could hear distant fireworks (popping and booming). These were mostly noises IN our room. This is a NEW building. We heard the original building was torn down. I have no idea of the history of the original building. We ran the "fan" to help create background noise but it was pretty quiet and didn't help a lot. There wasn't a bathroom fan to add to the background noise. We were going to try a 'white noise' station on the awesome desk radio but we forgot.

There is a cool looking pool with lounge chairs and a firepit on the second floor but we didn't have a chance to check it out. During check-in you are offered a welcome beverage, just like at the Hotel Modern in New Orleans (which is pet-friendly). During your stay you can make coffee, espresso or grab a juice, water, cola from the downstairs kitchen access for guests. Some of the items in the refrigerator and snack bar in your room are free.

Please don't let anything change at the Andaz. Our rate was less than one thirty five for a king. The only reason we might not stay here again is that it is NOT pet-friendly, and Savannah being a very pet-friendly town, we are anxious to return with our doxies.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pedro P, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and writing such a great review on Tripadvisor. We certainly appreciate your comments, and I will be sharing your review with our entire team. Please come back to see us soon. Best regards Pedro Perez General manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A pleasant experience, but if you have been to other big city Andaz hotels, you might be disappointed. The lobby and bar is typical Andaz, but the rooms were not. Not bad, just not up to other Andaz standards.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed for one night at the Andaz. I arrived around 12pm and the room was already ready, which I did not expect and was much appreciated. Upon booking I had requested a room with two doubles and was told I had to request this at checkin. I did ask and unfortunately they did not have any available. This did not really detract from our stay. The design of the hotel is very sleek and stylish. We loved the light fixtures over the bar. While the lobby was bright and airy, the hallways to the actual rooms was incredibly dim. The room was well appointed and we appreciated the complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. We did plan on using the pool area as it was an unseasonable 78 degree afternoon. If the pool is a draw for you, know that the pool area gets literally no sun as it is bordered by two tall buildings. That was sort of a disappointment. The hotel was in a great location and was easy walking distance to the city market, broughton street, and the river. Overall very good experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds in nicely appointed rooms. Immaculate and modern. Glass of wine with check in. No line up. Was greeted as I stepped into the lobby by staff person who checked me in with her iPad. I was impressed from the get go! Stayed 4 days and service and friendliness remained consistently wonderful. Doors always opened, welcome back greeting. My friends at the Hyatt were envious. This place does it right. Great outdoor space on the 2nd floor. Heated pool and fire pit in evenings. Loved the full length "skinny" mirror in the hall. Made me smile every morning as I approached the elevator. Not sure if that was the plan but it worked. Bar is nice and open to the lobby. Only disappointment was the restaurant for supper but there are so many great places to eat close by that this doesn't detract from my review. I would recommend this place. Great location too.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!