“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Suite Experience
Ranked #4 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I'm torn between wanting to recommend this hotel to everyone and trying to keep it a secret. It is hands down the best hotel I've ever stayed at. Surprisingly quiet, super comfy beds and attentive, competent staff. Cannot say enough good things about this hotel. Suffice to say, we will be back :)

• Stayed November 2012
Pedro P, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and team. We look forward to your return home to the ANDAZ Savannah.
Pedro Perez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Jefferson, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed three days in Savannah, Ga. The Andaz formally Avia was the perfect place to stay. It was so Clean and modern. We were pleasantly surprised to open the door to our Luxury 1 bed room and find what looked like a luxury suite with french doors leading out to balcony. Beautifully decorated. Such spacious rooms. The bathroom was like a huge spa. Our suit had its own thermostat on the wall for heat or air control. We will always stay at this hotel with each visit to Savannah.

Room Tip: Try the Luxury 1 bedroom on higher floor. They have nice balconies with french doors and cozy table...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a hotel snob, and I loved the Andaz. We have visited several times in the past year for SCAD visits, summer orientation, spring break, etc. Our last three visits have been at the Westin, and two at the Mansion on Forsyth Park. I will compare to those properties.

Service/Amenities - I love modern hotels with excellent service. This hotel is both, without being stuffy. The Mansion is super modern, but almost weird. The Mansion feels like it is "posing" as an upscale hotel, and the service simply doesn't compare. The Andaz however, is lovely; the service and amenities are top notch but gracious and comfortable at the same time. The mini bar is stocked with lots of free items, which I appreciate (especially at the nightly prices). It's nice to be able to grab a coke and a granola bar and not feel guilty about it. The lobby has a great coffee bar in the morning, and I loved the baskets of apples and lemon cookies. The Mansion "nickles and dimes".... The rooms and beds at the Andaz are very comfortable and any time I needed anything, the front desk sent someone up in a flash (we had trouble with the mini bar, and my son locked us out of the safe!). The Westin is equally as good; I love that property too, but you can't beat the location of the Andaz. Another note... I booked my trip at the last minute, in the car on the way down to Savannah, not realizing that the Savannah Film Festival AND the Rock n' Roll marathon were both in town. The hotel was packed, yet still ran beautifully. A testament to a well-run property.

Location - The Andaz is located right on Ellis Square (a nice little park) which is also on the edge of City Market. It's also a block or two south of River Street. I love the Westin property as much as I love the Andaz, but the Westin is across the river. If you want to feel as though you are "getting away from it all" the Westin might be better. The Andaz is terrific if you want Savannah flavor. One night we walked down to River Street for dinner and drinks. One afternoon, we walked over to City Market for brunch, one day we walked over to Bull Street and into the more historic district. We were there to visit my daughter at SCAD, so it was a quick two minute drive to her dorm. It's also within walking distance of cool shops and restaurants along Broughton Street area.

Food - I didn't eat at any of these three hotels. There are too many other great restaurants in Savannah! The bar area looked super cool, and next time I will stop and have a drink there.

Price: None of these hotels are inexpensive. There are cheaper options in Savannah for sure... but if you are a hotel snob like me I would steer clear of the Mansion until they get their service issues squared away and stick with the Westin for tranquility, and the Andaz for wonderful service, amenities and awesome location.

Summary: Here's the true testament.... We are going back to Savannah in February and again in April for SCAD Parents Weekend. I've already booked the Andaz for both!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments about the ANDAZ Savannah. I have to agree with you that our location and service team are the best! We are looking forward to seeing you again very soon.
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I enjoyed the Andaz, but not the price. I expected a little bit more. It was perfectly pleasant, the ambience was chic and the environment was nice, but after the good stuff I heard, I was expecting more. I would stay there again if the price weren't so high.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pedro P, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review, we certainly appreciate your comments. We do have 7 different room types that have different rates, and when available we do offer a staycation rate for guests from South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida and Georgia. We hope to see you again.
Virginia Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here one night for the Savannah Marathon. The hotel was very nice, at full capacity it ran extremely well. Service was very good. My room was smallish, but the amenities were phenomenal, the beds are incredibly comfortable. I had one small hiccup in the reservations and check in process, but the hotel itself is certainly up to the Hyatt and Andaz standard.

Room Tip: Rooms across from the elevator are small but still very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your feedback. We strive to improve our service level on a daily basis, and hope you will return to the Andaz Savannah in the very near future.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I find it rare that I am wowed by both a hotel AND it's bar. I believe it's because I'm a bit of a bar snob. This bar, this hotel bring their A games to both aspects.

The hotel is sophisticated and modern. It's finishes are perfect. The rooms welcoming and fashionable. The concierge is just as sophisticated and kind. I loved the whole experience.

The bar is a whole other experience. They are respectful of the prohibition movement that most developed cities have been pushing for, for years. They know a great cocktail and pride themselves in making it the way it was intended to be served. While you wait for your cocktail enjoy a glass of candied bacon....YES! I did say CANDIED BACON. Need I say more?!

Room Tip: This hotel is RIGHT across Bay Street that leads to River Street, it's close enough to the party...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pedro P, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate your great comments on Tripadvisor. I know that our bar hosts love to create new cocktails, and they will be happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay. See you soon.
Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is beautiful. The staff are on top of everything. At the time we stayed the lobby was a mess with construction and the street outside under our room was a mess with construction. The lobby construction was a bit confussing and prevented us from exploring the first floor of the hotel or use the bar and restaurant. The construction on the street below woke us up on Saturday morning. The hotel did not seem to care about my complaint at the time, but the manager contacted me later and offered me some discounts on a future stay. She was very concerned. The hotel is now finished with construction and the city has finished their street construction. I am excited to go back next weekend and try it out again. I am sure everything will be fine, as this is a beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very excited that you are staying with us again at the ANDAZ. We look forward to showing you our new look. Thanks again!
Pedro Perez

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!