“BEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Macon, Georgia
“BEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I really do not know where to start. Everything totally exceeded all of my expectations. The room was immaculate, the staff went above and beyond. Any request we ever asked for was met with a smile and an offer to help. I could go on and on but will stick to a few quick things.

The location is excellent. It is within walking distance to the river walk , the city market, and all the great locations in the historic district.

The breakfast was superb. Ask for the Shrimp and Grits. I do not remember the lady's name who cooked them but she was so friendly and warm with everyone in my party.

Jason the night manager, along with Jayme the security guard where so helpful to me about finding bars, food options in the early am, and so forth. They always welcomed me back and asked us if we needed anything. They along with the two male bartenders made it a joy to start my evening at Avia, and end my evening at Avia.

The only two things to inform travelers about is the construction in front of the hotel does start bright and early, and that on weekends the hotel really isn't kid friendly. I enjoyed myself immensely and cannot wait for my return trip to Savannah.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from Ellis Square, Construction of weekdays and parties on weekends.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
AVIASavannahGM, General Manager at Andaz Savannah, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Best hotel you have every stayed in is a very nice compliment. It gives me great pleasure to read everything totally exceeded your expectations. I thank you so much for the great comments regarding the staff. We work hard to ensure every guest has a memorable experience and it sounds like we've succeeded. I am delighted to know you started your mornings with breakfast at AVIA and you thoroughly enjoyed the shrimp and grits and ended your evenings in the AVIA Lounge. Thank you for staying with us and we can't wait to see you again.

In hospitality,
Pedro Perez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Shaker Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

In the summer heat of Savannah, this place is a sweet little oasis. We stayed with our children, ages eight and five, and although one doesn't picture this as a child-oriented hotel, they fit in just fine (though I must admit they are pretty well-behaved kids). Everything in town is walkable from here, and the location on the new Ellis Square is great (kids love the shooting fountains).

The decor of the hotel is 'boutique-contemporary' and well done. The staff were (mostly) quite friendly and helpful, and we *very* impressed with the level of service from the concierge. There were a couple times that I felt I was taking too much of the desk staff's time--that's unfortunate. We stayed in a standard double queen. The beds were comfortable, decor in the rooms was up-to-date (trendy), and everything was very clean (except a bit of dirty grout in the shower, slightly disappointing in such an otherwise pristine hotel).

We didn't dine at the restaurant, but did meet a friend for drinks. Service was enthusiastic, and who can't love complimentary caramelized bacon strips in lieu of other bland bar snacks? The bar/restaurant is a fun place to hang for a couple of hours.

Now: the pool terrace. This little pool is the gem of the hotel. It's small, but very well-designed. There is a fire-pit on the terrace, plenty of seating and a nice little bar tucked in the middle. If there wasn't so much else to do in Savannah, we could have spent most of the day at the pool. It was wonderful to come back here, relax and cool off after morning/afternoon sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay at AVIA. Savannah is a great city and has so much to offer within walking distance of the hotel and it sounds as though you and your family were able to enjoy. Thank you for the nice comments regarding the staff, decor and amenities offered and we hope you will visit us again soon.

In hospitality,
Pedro Perez, General Manager
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I loved the Avia from the second the cab pulled in front. Ideally located on Ellis Square next to city Market, both the charm and energy of Savannah greets you immediately. The hotel itself has beautiful hip and modern lobby with bar area. The rooms are artfully decorated and spacious with amenities such an ipod doc with speakers and flat screen TV. The second floor terrace with pool is a perfect place to relax. I would definitely come back here!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Avia hotel in Savannah, GA, on two occasions now, and also hosted our rehearsal dinner for our October, 2010, wedding on the Avia's Rooftop Terrace. We cannot say enough wonderful things about this little gem and it’s amazing staff. The rooms are comfortable, clean, have lovely modern décor, and wonderful bath products. The food is absolutely superb; we enjoyed many exceptional breakfasts at Avia, and also enjoyed our specially catered rehearsal dinner menu, which included some of the most delightful menu choices we have had the pleasure of eating. Additionally, the Avia has a quaint little bar and seating area, and a wonderful rooftop terrace with a swimming pool and fire pit (romantic for adults, but also safe enough for children). The staff at the Avia is friendly and more than accommodating. This beautiful boutique hotel goes above and beyond, including brilliant little touches like lemonade, sweet tea, and chocolate chip cookies, for guests. We will most certainly be lifetime return customers at the Avia.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

After reading all the reviews from Trip Advisor I booked 2 rooms in Avia for my husband, daughter and me. My husband and I stayed in a Grand Studio Hosting Suite (room 612) and my daughter in a Classic King Guestroom (room 616).
The suite was crowded with lots of furniture but what we really didn´t like is that the bathroom door (which is located on a wall by the bed) is a sliding white glass door, which made it very uncomfortable because it didn´t close as a regular door (which meant lack of privacy) and during the night if someone used the bathroom the whole bedroom was lighted because the light went through the white glass....on the other hand, my daughter´s bedroom and bathroom were the regular ones, so it was more comfortable. A turndown for these kind of suites.

The staff are very nice (specially the lady who was in charge of the hot station during breakfast) and we didn´t find the concierge as helpful as other people have stated, as a matter of fact, we didn´t really received the help we expected from her.

The bed and pillows were great and the bathrooms were nice and big.

For us the location was good but we would have preferred to stay in one of the beautiful squares along the HD but the Avia is very close to the Riverfront and the Central Market, which is great because you find nice places to eat and also some tours.

Overall the Hotel is very good but, as somebody reviewed before, if you come to Savannah you would like to stay in one of the beautiful B&B Inns along the Historic District, and that is what we would do next time.

Room Tip: Upper floors and try to avoid overlooking Ellis Square because it is noisy, due to the construction...
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Trouble parking to check in dissolved into ease when the valets jumped in. $20 per day to valet park is worth noting when counting $$ for the stay. Loved the security measures, valets at the door, lots of people in the lobby, had to have room key to make the elevator work. Upgraded my room to a same room suite only after being asked to pay an additional $20 per day. Truly, room was BEAUTIFUL!! The most comfortable bed I have had in a long time, kids didn't mind the couch (which didn't fold out) and floor (we brought sleeping bags). Too much temptation in the room for the boys, they wanted to eat all the mini bar snacks ($6 for each item). Last and biggest problem, I understood from the conversations I had with the staff checking in that breakfast buffet was included with the room. My boys and I tried all kinds of stuff, including shrimp and grits at the cook's insistence and my husband was presented with a $50 bill (for four people, one small child) -- yikes!!! One final thing, I noticed some mold in the shower, but it didn't overpower the room. We stayed for two nights, and it was a great room, but I must say that the cost was far over the top. Still, both boys agreed that it was the nicest room that they had ever stayed in. I would recommend it if people have the money to pay.

Room Tip: Got it on Priceline -- they are very watchful about upgrading people who booked from Priceline.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

It is very centrally located, reasonable price, and the staff were friendly!

Room Tip: We had a view of the square and saw the Christmas tree lighting and music.
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Andaz Savannah? Share your experiences!