Very nice B&B in the heart of Savannah. The house is attractive with lovely public rooms. The location is perfect, in the heart of the historic area with lovely buildings and walks all round the hotel. Our room was a bit of an odd shape - long and narrow but nicely furnished with antique furniture including a bed you needed steps to climb up into!! Only issue was it was cold and the heating a bit difficult work out but eventually we got it to heat up!! The staff were mostly pleasant, particularly the guy who showed us round the hotel and the staff who served the food in the evening. The highlight was the array of appetisers and drinks in the evening - fabulous artichoke dip (they gave us the recipe!!!) and a range of choices, followed by desserts later in the evening. Excellent food. Breakfast also good but the breakfast room was cold - beware if you go in the winter!
- Also Known As:
- Eliza Thompson House Hotel Savannah
- Eliza Thompson House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eliza Thompson House is an exquisite 1847 bed and breakfast inn located on beautiful Jones Street. Recommended by Conde Nast Johansens and known for superior service, this inn is private, peaceful, and just a short walk from Savannah's most-loved historic attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Eliza Thompson House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.