“Oh That Southern Hospitality!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Explore Savannah

Explore Savannah
Savannah, GA (Yamacraw Village)
(912) 507-9144
Website
Improve this listing
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Minneapolis
“Oh That Southern Hospitality!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2015 NEW

One must certainly visit Savanah, GA. What a great, friendly town with excellent food--especially seafood. The city tour was great. I did a food tour also. It was fabulous. We were made to feel welcome at each restaurant--some we would have never found on our own(you had to know where they are)-except for Paula Dean's. We were treated as second class citizens; even had to enter thru an employee prep door. We could only take one item from the buffet and had to eat outside. We couldn't even eat in dining room. All the other restaurants on the food tour had tables for us and really treated us right. Just goes to show that the big names don't feel they have to treat you well; you'll come back anyhow--HA!
I loved the history and stories of the city. Forest Gump was filmed here.

Visited February 2015

saco,me
3 attraction reviews
“Explore, learn, and be wowed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2015 NEW

I've visited Savannah 5 times in the past 10 years, and still can't get enough of it!.. At almost every turn, you will be amazed at the design layout of the city, the vivid landscaping, the Spanish moss spilling overhead from centuries old trees, and architectural details that just don't exist except in a few cities that were saved from burning down during the civil war. Due to the influx of young energetic entrepreneurs via the astounding talent from SCAD, the city is filled with cultural opportunities. In addition to music, Savannah is a foodie mecca, and historical destination for any number of reasons including museums and churches. There are festivals and parades throughout the year that prove to wow and entertain. Outside the city you can visit plantations, explore islands, enjoy hiking, golf, nature walks, whale watches, fish, visit forts....the list goes on and on.

Visited March 2015
Savannah, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
“So much to do!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2015 NEW

We went to the City Market area. Wonderful art galleries on second floor above the General Store. Stairs and elevator available. Quaint stores. Gullah exhibit. Friendly people. Local art and jewelry. Very nice! Do not recommend for young children.

Visited June 2015
Japan
“Fly Fish Savannah is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2015

I have visited Savannah and here is the place where I always want to come back. I chartered a boat by Fly Fish Savannah and went to an island where no one lives. I jumped into the water from the boat and enjoyed swimming as well. It was a beautiful day and I can't forget the amazing sunset. Moreover, I could see dolphins there! so lucky!
The boat driver is also so cool that he could take me really nice spots and it was a great adventure for me!
My trip in Savannah became full of unforgettable experiences and memories.
I thank everyone who made my days wonderful.
I hope you will try this and make your stay special. I really recommend Fly Fish Savannah!!!

Visited November 2014
Corpus Christi, Texas
26 attraction reviews
“Savannah is a lovely old city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

I was on a spring break cruise and spent the day here. We did a trolley tour in the morning and a walking tour (with guide Joyce Ellis) in the afternoon. I saw a lot and learned a lot this way and am so glad that I spent my day this way! I am a history teacher and thought that the little museum was disappointing, but everything else was lovely. We were only here for the day but I can see spending several days or a week here experiencing all the delights of this city. It has interesting history! And don't miss the Cathedral!

Visited March 2015