“One of my favorite cities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Explore Savannah

Explore Savannah
Savannah, GA (Yamacraw Village)
(912) 507-9144
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
58 attraction reviews
“One of my favorite cities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

I loved visiting Savannah. It is a beautiful town. There is so much to see and do. You do a lot of walking. I read other reviews that said it may not be the best for young children and I would agree with that ( a lot of walking and interesting history). My husband and I walked all around the town and we also used the Old Savannah Tours hop on hop off trolley tour, which was wonderful and very informative. So much information to take in, so much history. We walked to every one of the "Squares" which are small parks. I think there are 22 of them, including Orleans Square with beautiful Spanish moss covered live oak trees and Lafayette Square. I can't pick a favorite because I loved al of them. We stayed in a nice hotel right near the riverfront and walked to the city market area for dinner at Anna's (which was very good). Had lunch at the Pink House (a must). Can't wait to go back.

Visited September 2014

12 attraction reviews
“Wonderful City to Visit!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Great walking city and so many things to see. We were here with our dog the week of Halloween when the old Spanish Ship was in town. We had the best time Halloween Night for the River Street Pub Crawl, they had a DJ playing right by the ship...people were dressed in costumes and enjoying all the festivities. Everyone was friendly and just enjoying themselves.

Warren, Michigan
“I love this city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Vacationed 10/15/14-10/21/14, Ist day did walking tour with Savannah Dan - a must, visited 6 historical homes, all different and unique, Tybee Island shuttle for a day at the beach, toured Bonaventure Cemetery with Dash Tours (shuttle picked us up at our hotel) Tim was great! Ate too much at all the great restaurants, saw 6 wedding in the squares (popular in Oct), there is so much to do in Savannah I have to go back. There is so much history and local stories. Favorite restaurant was Jazz'd tapas restaurant, got to try many dishes and great service. We didn't do any of the ghost tours because we ran out of time, but seemed very popular.

Visited October 2014
Glenside
“Exploring Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

This was an excellent tour and the tour guide was very knowledgeable about the city. I would not hesitate to recommend him!

Visited November 2013
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
86 attraction reviews
“Savannah's rich history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

Whether you take one of the many tours, or use your own car or if you walk, make sure that you see this quaint, old and historic city.

Plan on spending the day so you can admire all the old buildings and the beautiful architecture of a bygone era.

Don't leave unless you get down to the riverfront and walk up and down stopping in at the countless stores.

We had a great day and loved every minute of it