“Personable guide but just not right for us” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Explore Savannah

Explore Savannah
Savannah, GA (Yamacraw Village)
(912) 507-9144
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 163 Activities in Savannah
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
South Portland, Maine
60 attraction reviews
“Personable guide but just not right for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am fortunate to travel frequently and take many private tours. I find it difficult to write a less than 5 star review but ultimately my goal is to help other travelers find the guide that will work best for them. Obviously based on his #1 rating, Bobby is highly regarded by many who take his tour. They enjoy his lighthearted style of guiding. He conducts his tour with humor and a sense of familiarity; however, we would have preferred a tour that was heavy on the history of Savannah and did not rely on trying to entertain us. While said with humor, conversation was directed more often than we liked on UGA, Savannah ladies, home prices in the historic district and personal stories. Much of the private guide experience relies on the personalities matching up so this review is simply offering a different perspective and hope it helps confirm your decision to tour with Bobby or perhaps research other options that might more closely align with your personality.

Visited May 2014

Damascus, Maryland
“Personable and So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

What a truly FUN experience we had on our private 2 hour walking tour with Bobby Davis! We had just picked up our son from FSU in Tally and wanted to "Explore Savannah" on our way back home north. I had read so many positive reviews of Bobby that I made sure to book him a few weeks in advance of our trip. Needless to say he did not disappoint! The combination of knowledge, humor, and love of football, made for a fabulous tour for Mom, Dad, and 18 yr old. Much appreciated were the pictures Bobby took of us along the tour, and additional tips on places to eat, drink, and visit. Can't go wrong with Bobby....highly recommend!!

Visited May 2014
Bowling Green, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
“An absolute MUST DO while in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We selected this tour based on Trip Advisor reviews and can tell you they don't do justice to the quality of service, knowledge and humor Bobby Davis delivers! We took the half day tour and would have easily spent all day with Bobby! He made history and culture fun and enlightening. In my opinion, Bobby is a great "judge of horse flesh" and tailors his tours to the customer(s). Within 10 minutes, we "connected" and found common ground. He marked an area map with additional suggested sites to visit (if you have additional time to spend on your own). His website has a great list of eateries and he may also provide you with some feedback regarding your choices. When we are in Savannah again, we will take more tours with Bobby and IF YOU DON'T TAKE THIS TOUR, you will miss a true opportunity to Explore Savannah. By the way, if you like SEC sports, you may become "good people" on Bobby's list.......

Monroe, Connecticut
14 attraction reviews
“Wonderful and fun overview of Savannah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed our walking tour with Bobby. In addition to being very knowledgeable about Savannah and the surrounding areas, Bobby is funny and friendly to everyone we saw. He was as happy to take our lead on what we wanted to see as he was to show us the way.

His stories about the history of Savannah as well as the current events are entertaining. The information that he shared about what we should do and should not do was very helpful. We also booked a ghost tour with him and in retrospect I am sorry we did not.

Portland, Maine
5 attraction reviews
“Southern Savannah tales spun with charm and wit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wife and I started our 4 day visit to Savannah with a walking tour with Bobby. It was the highlight of our trip. Bobby is able to impart the width and breath of the nuances of the fabric of Savannah history and culture with tales that are enlightening and entertaining. Bobby was able to incorporate our wide spectrum of our interests in the tour , from locations of private gardens to
tales of historical conflict. I can only hope that someday I can go on an encore tour. If in Savannah I highly recommend this tour.