“Amazing food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Planters Tavern

Planters Tavern
23 Abercorn St, Olde Pink House Restaurant, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912/232-4286
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 755 restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Love Planters Tavern. Has incredible food and a great selection. They also have a great selection of wine/beer.
We've been here twice; once for our wedding night dinner and once for our anniversary. Both times service has been excellent and very personal.
Only down side to atmosphere is it's a little dark. But with that being the only fault, I still give it a 5 out of 5.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
“Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch and were so glad we did! The ambience is great, relaxed and laid back, feels like you are in a neighborhood pub. And this was my second favorite meal in Savannah. The She-crab soup almost made me cry it was so good! I was tempted to pick up the bowl and lick out the last drop and everything else was just as good! We want to dine upstairs but it will be hard to pass up the Tavern!

Visited April 2013
Mammoth Lakes, California
“Very dark atmoshere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

It's in the basement of the Olde Pink House. We went here for a drink before dinner upstairs. You need a minute or two before your eyes adjust to the dark. They measure their pours which I never like but we went here for the atmosphere and experience. I would go here again just to be able to sit there.

Visited April 2013
“A dark and mysterious place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Loved the cellar atmosphere and open candles. Not an expectation for sure. The piano in the corner was playing at just the right volume. When we were done we went upstairs and I was very happy we made reservations downstairs. More casual.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, GA
“Gourmet food in cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My sister and I didn't have reservations or nice clothes when we had the opportunity to dine at the Pink House. We decided to peek into the Planters Tavern to see if there was any chance we'd be allowed in wearing jeans and if we could be served at the last minute on a Monday night at 7:30 p.m. We were warmly welcomed and told it was "first come, first served" by the hostess. We went down stairs to find a small, dimly lit tavern that took us back in time. Our eyes adjusted to the candles and fire place and a hostess took our name, estimating 20 minutes for a table. By chance someone got up from the bar within minutes and so we enjoyed drinks at the corner of the bar with complimentary cheese straws. A woman serenaded the table next to us with a few lines of Respect and then all of How Great Thou Art. She was very good and the table seemed to be encouraging her to audition. We were not sure if she was on staff or not. Then a pianist and singer began performing shoe tunes and other mellow ballads. As she was on the other side of the bar from us, the volume was just right. We chatted with a couple up for the Masters and another couple from Atlanta. We were so happy there we declined a table (which was nearer to pianist) and ordered first an appetizer platter with two seared scallops on greens, a crab cake served on a fried green tomato, and shrimp on grits! The scallops were perfect and we also loved the tender greens in the delicate sauce. We liked the crab and shrimp, but the scallops were a standout. After a while we ordered the cheese plate which included very fresh berries and honey comb. It was excellent. My only quibble is that it would have been nice to know what the cheeses were, but perhaps the fancy service is for upstairs. Just because my trip advisors told me to, I ordered the ice cream in the praline basket. I blame you all for every delicious calorie. It was not inexpensive, but was not at all overpriced for the excellent food and ambiance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere