“More than I expected!” 5 of 5 stars

Savannah City Hop-on Hop-off Trolley Tour
Ranked #22 of 204 things to do in Savannah
“More than I expected!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We had planned to visit river street while in Savannah. However, it was much cooler than I thought it would be. Everyone must visit this area, walk from end to end. It's awesome!

Cape Sable Island, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Beautiful views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I always stroll River Street when in Savannah. Beautiful, cobblestones!

Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Mixed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Scary people and places intermixed with a few gems. The cobble stone and uneven sidewalks are a challenge for strollers. In most places, there was a steep staircase to negotiate. There was 1 cobblestone ramp towards the middle but again, it was still tough with the stroller. My wife was unimpressed with most of the shops (which worked out good for me, lol). As a first time visitor it's tempting to want to see the river front but having been there, I would only go back if I had to for some specific place or purpose.

savannah
3 attraction reviews
“Moon River It Isn't”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Much can be said about River Street Savannah but I'm here to tell you what is not easily discernible from the tourist perspective. First, the river itself is the third busiest port on the eastern seaboard and the traffic is purely commercial. There are no speedboaters or romantic little fishing vessels; it's all container ships, and most are from China. The river itself at this point is brackish: half salt, half fresh, and there's the faint stink of stale at certain times of the year. As for bars, restaurants and shops: nine out of ten are tourist trap-py, the kind of places locals avoid unless we have guests from out of town that make us take them there. Worse, most of the businesses are in the hands of very few people who've snapped up retail space like its a Monopoly board. One restaurateur owns five different restaurants on the strip; one businessman owns three different t-shirt shops, all selling the same crap. So what passes for variety takes on a sameness. If I have to eat lunch on the river I only go to the Cotton Exchange Tavern. If I have to eat dinner, I'll go to Vic's. Under no circumstances whatsoever will I allow friends to enter the Shrimp Factory or Kevin Barry's or the Warehouse. For drinks, opt for the rooftop bar at the Bohemian Hotel.

20 attraction reviews
“3 Arkansans on the Road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Excellent dining and excellent shopping! Cobblestones are a little hard on the feet, but it was still fun.