My wife, daughter, future son in law and myself made a trip down to Savannah on December 26th for five days. The purpose of our trip was to fiinalize plans for my daughters wedding there in July.
I booked the hotel thru Priceline as part of a package. The hotel was excellent, all the staff from the maids to the front desk were very friendly, the two women running the breakfast each morning were excellent as well as the breakfast. Each mornng there were eggs, hot biscuits, bacon, sausage, fruit ,donuts, cereals and make your own waffles. The hotel was very busy with the holidays but all moved smoothly. Our room was very nicely decorated and rather large with two Queen beds and was spotless every day after maid service.
The pool was spotless and was so warm it was like a giant hot tub! The gym was small but all the equipment worked well and it was very clean and well maintained. The parking garage below the hotel was small and a little tight but we parked the car when we arrived and had no need for it as the hotel was in an excellent location. We walked every where the entire stay and at a modest leisurely pace we were at Bay St and River St in 10 to 12 minutes. I do not know how anyone could take 30 minutes to get there at a brisk pace???? , we ate at some excellent restaurants, a little tip for those who may stay here, very close to the hotel is a restaurant just across Liberty st. to the left behind a bank its called The Distillery. It worked out great one evening that we had some light rain and it was a very short walk. The food and drinks were very good. Our weather the rest of the time was fantastic! record high temps of 81 to 82 degrees in December! All in all we had a tremendous time in Savannah, finalized all our plans and can not wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District is the perfect spot for travelers looking to explore all the Historic Savannah has to offer. Located within walking distance to all of Savannah's historical treasures, guests can take advantage of what truly is a walking city. From our beautifully appointed guest rooms to our comfortable and inviting public areas, guests will have the perfect location to begin a memory making experience in this truly unique city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites - Savannah Historic
- Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic Hotel Savannah
- Country Inn Savannah
- Savannah Country Inn