“Good value for a great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Montgomery St, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta
“Good value for a great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We had a two double bed room. Nice room. Updated. Flat screen tv. This hotel is very nice. They have a small indoor pool. Breakfast is great. Varied selection to choose from. Great location, but do just stay in the historic district. We were a few blocks over at a Wendy's on MLK Blvd. & it got robbed while we were there, no one was hurt but it still shook us up (We had drove our car to the Wendys). But we had no trouble just walking around the historic district. Just stick to walking the historic district & be aware of your surroundings. I don't want to scare anyone, I love historic Savannah & visit here often. This is one of my favorite cities in America. Make sure you visit Riverstreet. This hotel is convenient to the historic district & you can easily walk to everything in the historic distric.Parking is $12.00 a day & the parking garage is right across the street. Places i love to visit that will require a car to visit is Bonaventure Cemetery (Hauntingly beautiful cemetary) & i love to eat at the Crab Shack out on Tybee Island, & get some pralines from Riverstreet sweet shop. I got a great rate on Hotwire for this hotel, so I thought this hotel was a excellent value.

• Stayed August 2013
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share details about your hotel visit, and most importantly the safety tips you included. I am glad to hear that your visit to Wendy's and the disturbing news you received did not completely diminish your thoughts of Savannah, or deter you from future visits. We try our best to inform our guests of any security issues in the area, as well as guiding them to well lit paths to walk after sunset. W appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn for 4 nights. We couldn't be more pleased. Our room was spacious and spotless. I was concerned at first of noise because our room was across from the elevator, but it was very quiet and we were able to sleep in. Housekeeping did a wonderful job, fresh towels daily. The front desk staff greeted us every day with a smile. The free shuttle stops right around the corner or you can walk. Breakfast was very filling and Brenda makes sure everyone is happy.
Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our facility. We look forward o seeing you again in the future.
Hickory,NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

and we decided to stay in Savannah. Overall, the hotel was very average at best. Breakfast was above average. Rooms need some updating. Location was okay. I would not come back to Savannah though and if I did I would stay at the Hyatt. We just booked this at the last minute and we were thankful to have a room.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a very good experience at the Country Inn and Suites. Parking was across the street and even though it is $12 a day to park it is cheaper than some others. We had a 12 hour drive to Savannah and upon checking in, the clerk made sure our girls got cookies and drinks. Juice and coffee were available most afternoons. When we got to our room, it smelled like mildew. I detected it came from the shower curtain. I went down to the desk and they sent someone up immediately to change the curtain and spray. They said they would move us if we wanted. Changing the curtain did the trick. Staff was very helpful. Brenda at breakfast was wonderful making sure it was stocked and clean. The pool is small. Hotel decor was very nice. Concierge was helpful with eating places and tours. She told us about an eticket for eating discounts. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. With having a national competition in town and the hotel being full, they handled it well. We did have one day where they missed cleaning our room, we went down and informed them that it was okay but would like fresh towels which they provided. Would not hesitate to stay there again if we are in Savannah! Enjoyed our trip and our hotel stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Made an upcoming reservation online for this location, when I called the hotel to ask a question the staff, (Sherry) I believe her name was, asked me to hold on without even waiting for me to respond to if I could even hold or not, when she did come back to the line she had a tone as if she didn't want to be bothered. After she answered my question, I simply called back to speak with the manager. Got the manager on the line asked her the same question but I also detected the same tone in her voice. I asked if her and Sherry were having a bad day because their tone came through loud and clear over the phone.
Now I've worked in customer service for years and I know we all have bad days but I think if you're going to be in this line of work whether you're in front of a customer or on the phone, you should never come across to them as if you're being bothered much less letting the customer hear it. This really deters people from wanting to utilize your business, especially it being in the hospitality field. Definitely makes me have second thoughts on staying at this particular Country Inn in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am truly disappointed to hear that your initial contact with us was less than desirable. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly about the problem you encountered, Our goal is to deliver excellent customer service and any information gathered would be used as a training tool moving forward. I look forward to speaking with you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room thru booking.com, one of selling points of the hotel was the fact the hotel advertising a 12 pm check out time. When I got to the hotel I was told check out time was 11 am. When I asked for the 12pm check out time I was told NO. So I asked again pointing out the advertising and was told NO again. I would believe in this day of guest service this would something that could easily be Accommodated. This being the only problem at the hotel I can only assume this is the standard of how the hotel handles all guest issues and will not return or recommend this hotel because of this fact and will stay at one of the near by hotels in the area my next visit in November.

• Stayed July 2013
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Psulee:

I am truly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, and the one hour difference left you with a 1 star ranking of our hotel. Our checkout time changed a few months ago and I will be sure to check the 3rd party site you mentioned to confirm all listed information is correct. We believe in the "YES I Can " theory at Country Inn & Suites-Savannah Historic and a simple "NO" is very uncharacteristic of our staff members. We will use your feedback as a training tool to ensure exceptional customer service moving forward.
Cohutta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is well kept and has a friendly staff. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was well-stocked. We enjoyed being able to walk to almost anywhere within 15 minutes or so.
I really enjoyed the complimentary infused water they kept at the front desk and the cookies at 5pm.
Would definitely stay here again. We booked online through hotels.com and our parking ended up being included. That was a great money-saver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for choosing Country Inn & Suites-Savannah Historic for your lodging needs. We appreciate your patronage and the time it took to share your experience at our facility. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Been to Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic? Share your experiences!