“Nice and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   320 Montgomery St, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #25 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
“Nice and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a comfortable place to stay, with a great location on the southside of the historic district in Savannah. Easy to walk to the river and all over the historic squares and all the interesting locations. Really nice concierge who was very helpful to us. And it was more affordable than the Courtyard Marriott which is just a block away. The hotel was also quiet and clean, the bed comfortable, lots of pillows, both soft and firm. I'd stay here again and look for other hotels in the chain when I'm travelling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our facility. We are delighted to hear that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our concierge service and she met your expectations. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Boone, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had a 4 night stay booked at this hotel but checked out after the first night. (Went to the lovely Andaz Hilton-right in the heart of City Market/Historic District). When we first waked into the room, it looked generally ok/clean. As we started to settle in, it became clear that our room was actually not that clean and falling apart. There were coffee splashes on the wall (near coffee maker) that would take a simple swipe of a wet cloth to clean. There were smudges and dirt streaks on nearly every wall, the lamps were askew and hanging on by threads. The furniture is dinged up and looks like it came out of the 1980's. At least the tv was a flat screen. Later that night, the room started to fill with an awful sewage smell. The smell was the final straw for me and is what prompted me to make arrangements for another hotel for the rest of my trip. When I went downstairs around midnight to let them know that I'd be checking out because I didn't like the room, the person behind the desk looked like I had personally insulted him. He never asked me what I was unhappy with - just told me that it wouldn't be a problem to check out early. Pretty poor customer service on top of the crappy room. Also, I'm used to paying about $150 for a much better quality room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel.
The issues you listed fall below the standards we set for ourselves and our guests. Our goal is to deliver 100% guest satisfaction and we take ownership of our failure in your case. If you are inclined to give us another try, I invite you to contact me directly to schedule future accommodations.

Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family and I enjoyed every minute of our visit to Savannah and this hotel. I was a little worried since it was our first visit to the city and wasn't sure where to stay site unseen. The property was very nice, the check in/check out very friendly and speedy. The breakfast was great. Loved the location, close to the visitors center and trolley stops. My son loved the indoor pool after a long day of exploring. I would 100 % stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We are honored to be chosen for your first trip to the great city of Savannah. Moreover we are glad to hear that you would choose us again. We look forward to welcoming you to our happy family of guests that come again and again.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Wow. Alright, so hubby and I decide to take a quick get-away (one night) sans kiddos and choose Savannah, Ga. I was pretty bummed about the high hotel prices until I came across this gem. Country Inn is getting a major overhaul including a new tag line "I love this country" and boy, we did!! We were shocked to step into an absolutely beautiful hotel. It felt quite high-end. We were greeted by Sherri at the front desk who was incredibly sweet and helpful. Our room was spotless and roomy and we were in it not but 10 minutes when Sherri called to see if it was to our liking. Say what??!! Bonus points. We enjoyed Savannah so much we decided to stay for an extra night. We then spoke to Patrick at the front desk and not only did he give us a cheaper rate than night one (which was already a mere $80-something), but upon check-out, the first night was changed to the new cheaper price as the night before!! Of course, we were thrilled. Breakfast was nice. Our first morning we came down about 9:30am and that seemed to be when EVERYONE decided to come down! It was pretty crazy. The food was delicious, but kept running out. The kitchen staff worked quickly to re-fill everything. **Here's a secret, if the breakfast area is jammed packed for seating, then just go out through the additional dining hall (you can eat there as well) and walk outside to a very private cozy outdoor courtyard! We loved it. The one thing that really stood out to us, however, was the housekeeping staff. They were incredibly friendly always smiling and greeting us. One night upon walking in, a housekeeper waved to us from across the lobby. We just felt as if we'd been staying there a month and everyone knew us! They also have cookies and lemonade at 5pm in the lobby, but we missed out both times on that as they go fast. The entire staff at this hotel had a genuine friendliness about them and we will be back to stay here as soon as we can!!
Oh, and it's about a 10 minute walk to main historic stuff. Not bad at all if you don't mind walking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Country Inn & Suites-Savannah Historic. You really touched on every encounter and aspect of your trip. Our staff is truly engaged with our brand and it's motto. We all love to interact with our guests and take both the creative criticism and compliments to heart. We hope to see you in the near future, and thank you again for your patronage.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very close to the historic downtown sites, tourist center and trolley tours. It's just 10-15 minutes walking to City Market and the River. Staff is warm, courteous and helpful ( very Southern). The daily buffet breakast is also very good and the food staff are very warm and hardworking. Would stay again if we'll be in the neighborhood.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My cousin and I spent 2 nights at this hotel. The front desk staff and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is $12 parking there. You can either go under the hotel or across the street in public parking. The price is the same. Under the hotel parking very small and I opted for across the street. They serve warm cookies at 5pm and also had delicious water served with a variety of fruits inside. Really refreshing. The breakfast is good and they have comfy beds. The location was great and we walked from their to many locations. The hotel is literally right off of I16 at exit 167B. We also did a private tour and the tour guide picked us up right in front of hotel. The have a concierge that can give you info and call to help make reservations if you need. They are in process of updating this location per the management. I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Romulus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Admittedly, we had a very rocky start to our vacation, including the check-in nightmare. But immediately things were handled professionally and graciously by the staff, esp. the manager (she even left a little goodie box in our room to apologize for all the mix-ups). Everyone who we dealt with was helpful and pleasant. The breakfast in the morning was made up a good selection of items. The wonderful lady in the kitchen tried to have a slightly different choice of hot items every day. The breakfast area seemed adequate and was not overly crowded as many hotels are. We were pleased to see a washer and dryer, as we had already been on the road for days. Our room was very nice- very much worth the cost. This hotel is perfectly located- the Savannah visitor center is practically across the street, everything is within walking distance, yet far enough away from all the tourist traffic to be a little more quiet. Take advantage of some of the closer restaurants, we found them to be of better quality and not as crowded as the ones closer to the river. Only a couple of complaints: the pool, much smaller than it appears in ad pics and very cold. Literally put my foot in and promptly went back to my room. Was looking forward to a relaxing swim after walking the city all day. The housekeeping, for the most part was ok, but the bathroom floor looked as if were hardly ever swept. The same hair and dust-bunnies from the previous guests remained in the same spot during our entire stay. But the rest of the room was very well kept. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
My apologies for the problem you experienced at check in. We are so excited to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit at the Country Inn & Suites-Savannah Historic, and plan to stay with us again.
-Looking forward to your return!

Been to Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic? Share your experiences!