“Historic Savannah Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Historic Savannah Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We just returned from a mini family get-together in Savannah GA. We chose the Country Inn & Suites Hotel in the historic district so that we might be close to all of the area attractions. The staff was super friendly and the Christmas decorations were very festive! And, as promised, we were very close to everything. The accomodations met our needs and the lobby area and dining areas were perfect for visiting and catching up with each other.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Norcross, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have to say I was very impressed with this hotel. I was a little worried since I booked online and had never stayed here before. But I was highly surprised upon arrival. Hotel is very close to all attractions and the hot free breakfast is wonderful. We were a little late both days getting down to breakfast but Brenda was so nice and made sure we had plenty to choose from and always asked what else she could get for us. We were not rushed to eat and were told to take our time and enjoy. Would def stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites-Savannah Historic. I am pleased to hear that Brenda played an instrumental role in put your fears to rest and leave a lasting impression. We appreciate you taking the time to convey your satisfaction.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Service is excellent, the front desk addressed me by name each time I walked by and called me a few minutes after check in to ask me how my room was and if I needed anything. The location is prime for historic downtown, within walking distance of all the best attractions historic downtown has to offer. Comfy and cozy!

• Stayed December 2012
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear nroklp;
Thank you for recognizing the extra steps we take toward delivering exceptional guest service. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was offering a low season special (between Thanksgiving and Christmas) that made it a stand-out among hotels in the historic district of Savannah - well under a Benjamin. Good reviews so I decided to give them a try. I was very happy with my choice!

Two nights here on business, and I was very impressed. The room was a double queen, and I was surprised at how spacious, clean and well-appointed my room was. !4 foot ceilings, granite tops in the bathroom, dresser and bedside table, great shower and shower-head, too. The room had a 32" HDTV, mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, and a newish, and fully functional hair dryer. Lots of soft, fluffy towels and very comfortable beds with deluxe bedding and a generous number of pillows.

There was a very functional desk for working and plenty of outlets to plug in all your portable electronics (and the outlets are all located right where you wish they would appear.) Wifi was easy to connect and provided adequate speed up and down - at least 2mb in both directions.

The carpet looked new and was a much higher quality than I would expect at a moderately priced hotel. The staff here, from the people working in the complimentary breakfast area (which was better than average for a freebee), to the front desk, housekeeping and maintenance were all extremely friendly and helpful. (I had personal interactions with all of them, and was surprised at how consistently positive, cheerful and helpful they were.)

The hotel has a parking garage underground with an elevator that will take you directly to the guest floors. They charge $12 per day for parking - on the low side of average for Savannah, but something to keep in mind when planning your budget,

This hotel is still a few blocks from the heart of the action on Bay and River Streets, but not too far to walk. It a bit closer to City Market.

Overall, for the money, this was the best hotel experience I've had in a long time. They know how to do it right!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear MarkR;
You picked a great time to visit the city of Savannah; as the Country Inn & Suites-Savannah Historic offers the lowest rates in November, December, and January. It truly means a lot for us to receive such an insightful review from one of Trip Advisors Top Contributors. Most importantly the entire staff is elated that we surpassed your expectations.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The last time we stayed at a hotel near the airport. Very nice especially for visiting the Mighty Eighth Museum and the highway.
This visit being on Montgomery Street was certainly very convenient to downtown/historic attractions. The railroad museum, visitor center, ships of the sea museum, and some decent restaurants are all very close. There is a $ 12/day parking fee - but that wasn't a problem. The complimentary buffet breakfast was good. The rooms were very clean. The water hot. The hotel staff couldn't have been more helpful.
I would have no reservations staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear dabaker10;
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Country Inn & Suites-Savannah Historic. We hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon and had an Awesome time. The location was great, very close to most of the major tourist sites. And last but not least the staff was Amazing, we will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012
Cherelle123, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Kimberly Johnson;

The entire staff at the Country Inn & Suites -Savannah Historic would like to thank you for the kind words and appreciation. We hope to see you each and every year as you celebrate another yer of marital bliss.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I throughly enjoyed my stay from the time I walked into the door until the time I left. this place is felt like home away from home. The young ladies that work the desk Ashley, Benita, Liany, Samonia and Dyonnye spoke to me every time I passed even if I didn't speak. I came down for breakfast one day as breakfast was ending the gentleman who I later found out was the breakfast manager went out of his way to make sure I had something to eat. I spoke with the gm and the dos about a future stay they where very helpful. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Cuteblkboi:
We appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our staff members individually. Truly this is a sign that you enjoyed yourself and took it all in. Thank you for being our guest!

Been to Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic? Share your experiences!