We were very pleased by our five day stay at this hotel in September. Very nice welcome by its staff ready to please you with service and info, excellent daily breakfast, clean room and good bed. The entry to the parking garage in the basement was rather narrow for a large car and parking spaces are limited. There is parking across the street. Three days to visit Savannah on foot is a must. Do plan to visit the Mercer House (Midnight in the Garden….), Davenport House, Green-Meldrin House and the Cathedral. Best way to visit this charming city is to crisscross it from North to South and East to West on foot. Walking at night along the beautiful streets and squares appeared to be quite safe. On the day you book in (after 3 PM), I suggest you have dinner at the Crystal Beer Parlor, just two blocks away. Excellent grilled shrimp. The Pink House restaurant is a tourist trap and very expensive.
On the forth day we visited Tybee Island and on the fifth Hilton Head. Thereafter we headed for Brunswick, Jekyll Island and St Simeon Island. This trip ranks among the best we made in USA.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic Hotel
- Country Inn And Suites - Savannah Historic
- Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic Hotel Savannah
- Country Inn Savannah
- Savannah Country Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District is the perfect spot for travelers looking to explore all the Historic Savannah has to offer. Located within walking distance to all of Savannah's historical treasures, guests can take advantage of what truly is a walking city. From our beautifully appointed guest rooms to our comfortable and inviting public areas, guests will have the perfect location to begin a memory making experience in this truly unique city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Carlson, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites - Savannah Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.