“History Buffs will love this” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pirates' House

The Pirates' House
20 E. Broad St., Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912-233-5757
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 40 nightlife in Savannah
Type: Historic Sites, Jazz Bars
Activities: Nightlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This 18th-century bar was a rendezvous point for pirates.
fort worth
20 attraction reviews
“History Buffs will love this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Its a really intriguing bar/eatery. The menu was nothing to write home about. They had a buffet that none of our group of 10 tried as it didnt look appetizing. However most people there were eating from it. The artifacts, and history of this place make it worth the trip hands down. Its a really neat experience to see the original tunnel (even though its only a small portion) and se the original house from several hundred years ago. A must see if you like history

Visited April 2012

“Pirate's House/My Favorite SAV Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been coming to the Pirates House since I was a child. I am 48 years old, so that is quite a while. My son is stationed at Fort Stewart & we went to Pirate's House on my birthday on Easter Sunday. It was as good as we both remembered, it had been quite a while since we had been there. We ordered off the menu once & came back the next day & had the buffet. The buffet is delicious southern food. It was really good, but I am partial to seafood in SAV. We hail from ATL, so we can get great southern food on a whim. When I ordered off the menu, I got the best fried oysters I have ever had!!!! We came back in Oct for my daughter in law's belated birthday. She loved it. The fried oysters are on Pirate's House lunch menu online, but not on the lunch menu in the restaurant. I was very disappointed & asked about them. No problem, I got my oysters!!! We went back again last week before my son was deployed to Afganistan. My son & daughter in law had the buffet & loved it. They were fixing to pull the buffet while we were there, so a guy came around & told them that if they wanted to go back, it was going to be pulled soon. We appreciated that. The only thing that has changed since I was a child was the dessert menu Pirates House used to have. OMG it was awesome. Now, they just have a few desserts. That's the only downside in all the years that I have been been a happy Pirates House customer. When my son returns in August, we will be be happily going back to Pirates House. Also, if you are a member of the SAV Dining Club (my son is) you get an entree for half the price. That is one of the better deals on this card.

Visited November 2012
Franklin, Kentucky
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

If you have kids especially boys then this is a must. The food was excellent and the staff was awesome.

Johnson City, TN
10 attraction reviews
“Good lunch buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We all had the lunch buffet, and although I would have liked to have seen a few more selections, it was still pretty good. The biscuits are wonderful, and the fried chicken and mac and cheese on the buffet were really good, too. We were given a choice between banana pudding and key lime pie for dessert. I went for the key lime pie and it was delicious. Our service was kind of slow, but it wasn't really the fault of our waitress, it was the diner beside us flirting and dispensing never-ending life advice about what she needed to major in, where she needed to work, what kind of guy she needed to date, etc. She was really just trying to be nice, and this guy would not shut up. After we ate, we visited the gift shop and then headed back downstairs to ask about a tour. They told us they really don't give formal tours and we would just have to find the pirate and follow them around ourselves :-( We looked around for just a minute and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Kind of disappointing considering how much we paid for the buffet and that my 6 yr old daughter would have loved it. Go for the food, & take pictures (we've had strange things show up on previous trips), just don't expect wonderful service.

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Decent food,strong drinks,and fun history!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Wanted some good seafood so we figured that "The Pirate House" would offer that. Nothing too extrordinary. The crab soup was AMAZING however, and so was the crab sandwhich. The shrimp was just your run of the mill fried shrimp, and the buffet was all southern style food. History for the place was really interesting, and our waiter was great. Rum and coke at the bar was about as strong as you can get too!

Visited October 2012