“Fried chicken - Awesome” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pirates' House

The Pirates' House
20 East Broad St., Savannah, GA 31401-2929 (Downtown)
(912) 233-5757
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pirates' House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 774 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Bay St.
Description: The entire family is sure to enjoy Savannah's most intriguing & historic restaurant. At the Pirates' House, our most precious treasure is the food. Situated in Trustees Garden, merely a scant block from the Savannah River, the Famous Pirates' House is the most historic spot in Georgia. The Herb House, erected in 1734, located inside the Pirates' House, is said to be the oldest house in Georgia. The Pirates' House first opened in 1753 as an inn for seafarers and fast became a meeting point for blood-thirsty pirates & sailors. Enthusiastically recommended by AAA, Food & Wine and Redbook.
“Fried chicken - Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

The fries chicken was delicious.

They definitely catered to our kids which was great. The pirate hats, earrings, mustaches, eye patches were great.

Only complaint was they stuffed out 10 people into a table made for 8. Kids are pow too. Though they take up a little less room the restaurant should still give them enough room.

Chicopee, Massachusetts
“lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to the Pirates House after taking a tour of the city, I really like watching Ghost Adventures and I like great food, so I wanted to check this place out. I heard and read story's about this place being haunted by the ghost of captain Flint and others, so I we had to check it out. When we got there we went through a few rooms until we were brought to a room that was pretty small with only 3 tables in it,we realized that this was the Herb House, the oldest house in Georgia and I thought that was really cool. Our waiter Jim, was very good and had a sort of Barry White thing going on,he told us of some experiences he had there and seemed to be pretty knowledgeable of the restaurant and the area. The food was very good and the service was great, I think this has to be a place to go, if you go to Georgia.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cridersville Ohio
“Good Food And A great Story”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

So nice we ate their twice. First time we ate in the old part of the building in a small room.
Had a fantastic atmosphere and good service and food. The second time we ate in the big
Back room not as nice of atmosphere but still good service and food. After you eat you are encourage to
Look around in the other rooms and see the building. If you are in Savannah you have to go here once.

Visited June 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“The Fried Chicken... MMMMM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My first trip to Savannah...just passing through. I picked this restaurant at random and was very happy with my choice.

Parking...the restaurant had parking, but I parked at a meter spot on the street. (Free on Sat/Sun)
Wait time/service... They were on a 20 minute wait at 6pm on a Saturday night. I didn't feel like waiting so I sat in the bar area. No wait for that. Service was fast and the bartender who served us was very friendly. :)
Ambiance...I feel like I missed out on some of the ambiance sitting in the bar area. The pirates that roamed stayed in the main dinning area so I missed out on that. But it wasn't as loud or packed (at least when I arrived at 6) in the bar area.
Food... Exceptional! I didn't know what to expect. But my 'just peachy' drink and my pecan-crusted fried chicken (something I normally wouldn't order but did because it felt southern to order it) were delicious!
Cost.. A little pricey but worth it.
Bathrooms...clean.
Overall time spent in restaurant... about an hour.
Would I go again... YES!

Ross, Ohio, United States
“Pecan Fried Chicken...WOW!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Daughter and I shared the Pecan Fried Chicken. All I can say is WOW! So delicious! Honey butter glazed biscuits were very good also. Disappointed in the Pecan Pie, very unusual and different than we have ever tried. But overall a great restaurant. A little pricey but so is everything else in Savannah. Great atmosphere, liked the history. Waiters were friendly, service was fast.