“Terrible place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Anna's - City Market

Anna's - City Market
314 West St. Julian Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)
912 236-2066
Improve this listing
Ranked #247 of 774 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Quaint Italian restaurant located in the heart of City Market. Offering fresh local seafood accompanied by homemade sauces that have been passed down for 75 years from generation to generation. Outdoor seating allows you to enjoy all the splendor of Savannah's City Market and nightly entertainment. Adequately priced to assist when dining on a budget. Great for a group of friends to gather before descending on Savannah's night-life (which is in close proximity to the restaurant). Daily specials created just for that not on the menu type of person. Dog friendly, so bring along Fido. Beverages available to accompany your meal include beers, wine cappuccinos, lattes and espressos. To close out your dining experience, top it all off with a delectable dessert such as homemade cannoli, key lime pie, chocolate cake and more.
Monroe, North Carolina
“Terrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I went at about 8:00 pm on a Tuesday evening. The place is vey small, about 5 tables inside with a few outside and it seemed quite full, but the young man sitting outside, near the entrance told us that there was a table available inside. We were promptly seated and this same young man took our drink orders and brought our drinks. That was the end of the service for us. We had assumed that the guy who brought us our drinks was our server. Oh, nay nay. We saw this guy go back to sitting outside. We waited for someone else to come take our orders, but we were totally ignored by the three other servers in the place. Once in a while a fourth person came out of the kitchen with food, look around confusedly and was pointed in the right direction by a female server. So after about 15 minutes of this, I stopped someone and told them I would like to pay for our drinks and leave because no one was interested in serving us. He didn't try to make it right, but had the nerve to charge me $5.00 for 2 diet cokes. I love Savannah and have generally been treated right everywhere else, but I will remember to steer clear of Anna's at the City Market.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Decent for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Our first impression of the restaurant was a bad one. We showed up to the entrance with our dogs, intending to eat in the patio area. The lady that sat us at our table seemed cold and had an angry affect. After seating us at the outer table (not under the heated area, I guess because of our dogs), she did return with a bowl of water for the dogs. We were appreciative of that. The young man who waited on us was friendly and attentive. We were pleased with the taste of our dishes. We tried the shrimp and grits (a bit too saucy) and fettuccine Alfredo with chicken. Before our entrees, we nibbled on their fried mushrooms. I had no qualms about the taste except for the excessive sauce with the shrimp and grits, and I'm usually in disagreement with my husband about the amount of sauce served on foods. For the cost, it was a decent meal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great place to eat food was excellent and the prices where very reasonable and attentive . Near all the stops for the trolleys .

Visited March 2013
“Good food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I was a little concerned about dining at this restaurant after reading some of the reviews listed on here. To my surprise, we had a great meal with friendly service. Jorden was our server, he was very knowledgeable of the menu, as well as great with serving our group of 8. The only thing left to be desired is the atmosphere, but overall a great experience!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Battersea, Canada
“So, so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is conveniently located in the downtown pedestrian mall. The convenient location likely accounts for it being very busy because as a dining experience it is just average. The fish sandwich I had for lunch was good, but I kept thinking that there must be someplace nearby that was better.

• Visited March 2013