“Cozy, friendly and deliscious!” 5 of 5 stars

Roussell's Garden
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   208 East Henry Street, Savannah, GA 31401   |
Ranked #16 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Cozy, friendly and deliscious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

At the Southeast end of the Historic District a short walk from Forsyth Park is this gem of a B&B. If you like gardens this is a must stay. If you like baked delights you have found the right cookie jar to stick your hand in! The owners Bryan and Janet of Roussell’s Garden opens their arms to you and by the end of your stay you feel like a member of the family.
I was traveling by myself, writing my current novel and stayed in the parlor on the first floor of Mr. Bryan’s Garden. He is originally from New Orleans and has brought some beautiful appointments for his luscious gardens with him. My porch door gave me my own access to the front porch swing and a beautiful view and steps down into the gardens.
Things I love about this place: There is no pressure to be at breakfast at a single time. Instead you have the option to show up when you feel inspired between a two hour span of time. This gives late risers or eaters their leisure to show up when they please and is a great option for those who like to go with the flow while on vacation.
Miss Janet had lots of ideas of tasty Southern fare to morph into Vegan and Gluten free for this fussy traveler! In her afternoon, “help yourself” offerings she even included Vegan Banana Bread, a Southern favorite.
Another plus is the free street parking and ease of walking pretty much anywhere off of the Historic district. I am sure I will return to Roussell’s Garden again and will surely be grateful when I do!

Room Tip: The Parlor has it's own door to the porch, perfect for lazy mornings watching the world go by wh...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My mother and I (I am in my 20s and she is in her 40s) stayed at Roussell's Garden for two nights at the beginning of October. It was our first visit to Savannah, and staying at this wonderful B&B made it an excellent getaway trip! It was like being at the comfort of our own home. Brian and Jan are wonderful Breakfast was delicious and even accommodated my vegetarian diet! Brian is always so eager to help out with directions and suggestions. Between the hard work Brian puts into the gardening and appearance of the house and the great cooking Jan does, this B&B is a bang for your buck! We walked everywhere (except to Bonnaventure Cemetery and Tybee Island which require driving a little) and felt safe the whole time!
We definitely recommend Roussell's Garden to everyone! We look forward to going back soon! Thank Brian and Jan!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Camelia Room which is the smallest and it was perfect for my mother and me. We also...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife & I stayed for only one night (limited availability due to short notice). Very good rooms & excellent hospitality. Jan made a delicious breakfast! Just wish it was a little closer to downtown. Overall we were very satisfied & the accommodations are a great value. I recommend that guests request an upstairs room. The downstairs parlor gets a lot of noise from the street.

• Stayed October 2012
Salem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at Roussell's Garden for two nights in early October. We were on a cross-country trip and found it to be one of our favorite places on the entire 35-day journey! Bryan and Jan make a great team! They made us feel so welcome, started each day with an incredibly great breakfast, and helped us arrange for a Savannah tour (which picked us up right at the door). Their garden, decks, and front porch swing were great places to relax and unwind. Our room (we stayed in the Mandevilla Room) was very clean and nicely decorated - a lovely retreat when we weren't downstairs or out and about in town. Tea, coffee, and treats were always available. In short, we would highly recommend this B&B. Thank you, Bryan and Jan, for making our Savannah stop so enjoyable. If we are ever in the area again, we will stay at Roussell's Garden.

Room Tip: My husband is 6'7", and he had plenty of space in the Mandevilla Room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hutto, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is was our first bed & breaksfast we have stayed at. We are more of the hotel couple but we wanted to step out of box this time. Our original destination was Hilton Head, South Carolina but since the airport was there we decided to stay a night in Savannah. We picked Roussell's for the great reviews and the price. When we arrived, we were met by Bryan and Jan. though we have never met or talked, they welcomed us with open arms. I felt like we were visiting our aunt. I have to admit, when we were looking for the place, we were not amused by the area. My wife was a little worried since it is on the edge of the historic district. Once we found the home, it was beautiful, Bryan and Jan are the nicest people in Savannah. We slept in the parlour I believe which was private with our on bathroom. The garden was nice and the porch had rocking chairs with a swing. The best part was the breakfast. The food was awesome and we met the other couple that was there. we thought it was going to be akward sitting with a strange couple at the same table but it turned out we had alot in common. it was great company. There were other bed & breakfast in the historic district but i dont think they had host like ours.
Great job Bryan and Jan.

Room Tip: The lower floor is cooler
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

www.roussellsgarden.com
Roussell's Garden has very clean room with period decor. Jan and Bryan were excellent hosts for our four night stay during August, 2012. The breakfasts were awesome with a completely different meal for our four breakfasts. Excellent homemade snacks and desserts everyday were available for our coffee breaks. There were a number of fountains around the home's gardens. We enjoyed sitting by the Coy Fish Pond.

Also, we enhanced our visit to Savannah with three Totours offered by Savannah Heritage Tours and Old Savannah Tours. Both tour companies picked us up at the door steps of the home. We recommend the Savannah Heritage Tours because the tour guide is the owner and she is very knowledgeable about the history of Savannah and its politics. Savannah Heritage Tours has a superior transportation van-bus as compared to the other companies.

We will stay at this bed and breakfast again.

Tom and Fran Plott

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Roussell's Garden in early August for 3 nights and I can't speak highly enough of both the B & B and Jan & Bryan. They made us feel very welcome in their lovely home and gave lots of helpful advice on travel in Savannah and places to visit & eat . The breakfasts were delicious and we had a different selection of food each morning and the snack table was a great treat, especially the home baking. We stayed in the Mandevilla room which was a beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. The garden was lovely and it was great to sit on the porch in the evening with a cup of coffee and some delicious cake and enjoy the view of the garden. The house is on the far side of Forsyth Pk so a bit of a walk into River St but the free Dot bus is only 5 minutes walk away and runs up until about 9pm. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Savannah that is quiet with a family atmosphere, the added advantage of a lovely garden and you enjoy good breakfasts, then this the place to stay. Thanks Jan & Bryan
Veronica & Jeff, Ireland

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Roussell's Garden? Share your experiences!