“Lovely southern charm, very reasonable rates, very comfortable, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn

Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Savannah
Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn
You added Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn to your Saves list
601 Whitaker Street, Savannah, GA 31401 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #17 of 39 Savannah B&B and Inns
Horseheads, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

This inn is located across the street from Forsythe Park in a wonderful residential area - much more interesting than in a more commercial area consisting of restaurants and chain hotels. The owner has converted his house into an Inn with two suites - it feels like you're staying at a friend's house. Twelve foot ceilings, wonderful period decorations, furnishings, flooring, etc. Very comfortable sleeping - our suite had two queen-size poster beds. There is a kitchen area stocked with breakfast foods, which is very convenient, as well as all the appliances you might need to prepare and enjoy any meal you want - there is a grocery just down the street. Overall a great place to stay if you want to experience Savannah up close.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

This 1883 bed and breakfast is wonderful! The owners - Bill and Debbie - make you immediately feel right at home. Bill is a Savannah historian and could be a tour guide with his in depth knowledge of the city , people, sites to see, events, and surrounding areas in Georgia. The bed and breakfast is right across the street from Forsyth Park ( one of the best parks in Savannah), and located so you can easily walk to nearby great restaurants, coffee shops, museums, historical mansions, art galleries, and the river through all the beautiful town squares with the fountains, lush follage and stately trees with the Spanish moss. There is so much to do in such a relaxing environment that you will find yourself wanting to soon return for another stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn for three nights and I would recommend it highly to anyone visiting Savannah--I even plan to recommend it to my in-laws! The location is ideal---across the street from Forsythe Park (where parents will be happy to find a playground and a Starbucks) and a short, lovely walk away from all of the major Savannah attractions. And we felt as if we had our own apartment in the heart of it all--we had two large bedrooms, two baths, a washer and dryer, a kitchen with dining area, a living room with a pull-out couch AND a private patio with dining area. The kitchen was stocked with breakfast goodies, and the grocery store was nearby --so we were able to save money by eating some of our meals in our Savannah "home." I am so happy we chose the Whitaker Huntingdon Inn--- it was clean, lovingly decorated, and our host was ever gracious!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Facing Savannah's principal park, this Inn offers good value in an excellent location - for those seeking self-contained accommodation for up to 4. The ground-floor suite has its own entrance, eat-in kitchen, small livingroom and two bedrooms (queen beds) each with ensuite bathroom. The owners are attentive, stocking the fridge daily with breakfast items: juice, milk, yogurt, jams and muffins. Coffee and tea are also in the well-stocked kitchen where you could make a meal if so inclined.

More luxurious Inns abound in Old Savannah, but this one offers better value in more modest conditions.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Westchester, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

My first trip to Savannah was just wonderful. I am a female and travel alone a great deal and the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn was a real find for me. Just off Forsythe Park, one mile from the River Front, the location could not have been better. The walks around Savannah were always just great. Bill and Debbie were wonderful hosts. Bill actually drove me to Bonaventure Cemetary and gave me a tour of the famous cemetary where Johnny Mercer is buried. He went above and beyond. The room I stayed in was the Gordon Stewart Suite on the second floor of the house. There was a small kitchen attached. Breakfast food was in the refridgerator along with boxed cereal and fresh fruit. There was also a full cooktop, microwave and coffee maker. I actually warmed up leftovers one night and ate at the table that overlooks the park - really nice after 10 hours of walking around. I like this set up for breakfast because I could sleep in and not have to set my alarm for breakfast - I could eat on my own schedule. No there wasn't a gourmet breakfast every morning but I never missed that - I preferred getting the sleep I wanted and being on my own schedule. The room also has an attached second bedroom which if you are traveling with friends or family is great. There is one bathroom with a fab claw tub that has a shower and the water is good and hot. Plus the bathroom is BIG not tiny with plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable. I didn't mind the traffic noise because at night it goes away. Staying here was like having my own apartment.

I have stayed at fancier places but I really loved the charm and hospitality of Bill and Debbie's Inn. Plus the price is very very reasonable.

They both suggested I eat at the Olde Pink House. Don't miss that! Most amazing meal I had in Savannah without too much sticker shock when the check is presented.

I'm going back with friends next year. Great find.

• Liked — The charming old home and the Inn Keepers
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
rockland county, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

This was by far the best accommodation I've strayed at in my many trips to Savannah. The house itself is charming, and only a 15-20 minute walk from the riverwalk. The rooms were decorated beautifully. THe kitchenette was adorable, and stocked with several different types of cereal, bread, homemade pound cake, bagels (even multigrain!), croissants, cream cheese, butter, juice, milk, coffee and several different types of tea. There were so many thoughtful touches, such as tons of menu cards for local restaurants and take-out options, and magazines. The dinnerware was pleantiful. The bathrooms were also very clean, with a plethora of fresh towels.
What truly made the visit was the owner, Bill. He and his wife run the place. My flight was delayed (of course) so I arrived at the door at 12:30am. Bill stayed up and carried my sizable suitcase up stairs. He was so kind and accommodating to my friends and I - a truly hospitable gentleman. I don't particularly care for Savannah, and was in town for an annual conference, but I will probably return for pleasure just because the place was so cute - a home away from home, but cleaner and nicer!

Stayed February 2008

Been to Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn? Share your experiences!