“Great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Falling Rock

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Farmington
Falling Rock
You added Falling Rock to your Saves list
150 Falling Rock Blvd, at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Farmington, PA 15437   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
New Boston, New Hampshire
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay! We came to the area to see Fallingwater. We had no idea there were so many things to do at the resort. Service was outstanding and food was excellent in the Falling Rock restaurant. We also ate at the Tavern, good food but atmosphere was not was a nice as Falling Rock. Comfortable beds, very clean! We will be back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Literally the top of the mountain in Farmington. Staying here is serenity at its best! While staying here our first room's shower broke. They did not hesitate to move us. The butler service took some getting used to since we really didn't know what to do with a butler. It felt wierd to ask them to do things we could do for ourselves. It didn't take long to realize that it was ok to ask as it was their job. Some of the guest were rather "stuffy" but if you can over look them and just enjoy, you will have a blast.

Nemacolin spa is the best. I scheduled for a hot stone massage but after talking to Michael soon realized that I needed deep tissue. The shooting range was the best! I had never target shot before and soon realized that not only could I do it but I was the best in our group I will target shoot again some where someday.
Our daughter had luck at the casino. Otherwise it is just a casino with not so loose slots.

We did not eat at the resort since we are not really the fancy food kind of folks. If you want everday, beer and burgers, travel down the road the the Stone House.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at Fallingrock. We arrived on black friday and upon arrival were greeted with a festive glass of champagne. Our butler was called and she showed us to our luxury room with balcony overlooking mystic rock the golf course. The view was amazing and there was a lovely carpet of fresh snow on the ground. Friday was light up night and there was lovely holiday decorations and events to enjoy. One the best parts was the outstanding service we had from butler Mike. When I told him I like a soft pillow, he selected two from the pillow menu that we so much softer. Mike was a delight bringing coffee, tea, and juice in the morning and also running the most luxurious bath for me with candles and rose petals floating in aromatic water. There is a bath menu and it is quite comprehensive. I have traveled before, however I have never had the luxury of a pillow and bath menu to choose from. For any couple out there looking for the ultimate romantic place to go, then go to Fallingrock. It is quiet, small and exclusive. We are married for 32 years, however going to Fallingrock made me feel like I was in my twenties again. With all the beauty of the resort, it inspires us to want the best out of our lives. I feel so happy and renewed after my luxury weekend there. How great is it to have a door bell on your room? If you want privacy, you merely place the tassel on the door.It is perfect for couples and adults. And if you are adventurous, there is a hot tub outside by the infinity pool that is always open for late night soaks.The resort is very exclusive and worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Imaging perfection..romance, an immaculate and stunning property with incredible views and comfort beyond belief! Thats Falling Rock.

We stayed here for 2 days for our 24th Wedding anniversary in a beautiful spacious balcony suite. Walked in and were welcomed with a wonderful bottle of Pinot Noir from a winery we visited in Santa Barbara CA.by chance, as an anniversary gift and a lovely card. What a nice surprise.

The suite offers a large balcony (where we ate breakfast), gas fireplace, wonderful deep soaking tub, huge shower, comfortable living space and the BEST and most comfortable bed ever (In addition to the large wonderful bed (complete with a "pillow menu" to fit anyone's needs), the room is well-lit and designed with a flowing floor plan,WiFi, and plenty of power outlets around the room.This is our favorite local place to go and relax and feel pampered. Our butlers, Brian and Tommy took great care of us from unpacking, bringing our meals to the room, and drawing a perfect, lovely bath with rose petals and candles. It's truly an experience of a lifetime. Our housekeeping girls did a great job and kept our room impeccably clean and full of towels and toiletries. The hotel was booked, but if felt very private. It was nice and romantic. We went horseback riding which was great. The girls that took us understood my slight fear and made the trip great. Exploring the property of Nemacolin was so much fun. We would just hop on the bus and it took us all over and I got some fantastic pictures! There is truly everything you can imagine here (except for a beach which one reviewer pointed out), but who needs a beach when you have so much beauty around you and so much to do. We had lunch by the infinity pool while we sat out and read. It was so relaxing and the food was great. We were hoping to go golfing, but decided not to because one of the days it was raining....So, we headed to their excellent SPA and both enjoyed the "Mystical Massage" which we had them incorporate hot stones....truly perfect!!! The next day I enjoyed the "Spa Sauna Body Bliss" which I would recommend to anyone. It was blissful. I can't wait to go back. We decided to check out their Casino since this was new from the last time we stayed here. It was a blast! I normally don't feel comfortable playing blackjack (in vegas) I just get nervous that I'm going to do something wrong and mess up some ones game. We had all newbies at our table and had so much fun and I learned so much. Falling Rock, and Nemacolin in general is over the top accommodating, from the door men, bus drivers to the SPA and waiters at Aqueous. They really work hard at having you feel welcomed and comfortable. We are looking forward to bringing our kids and our grandson this summer so we can all enjoy this place together. I know my grandson will enjoy the wildlife Zoo they have and so many other activities (the Old fashioned ice cream shop for sure!) All I can say is you can't go wrong with any property at Nemacolin, the staff and property is 5 star all the way! Warm cookies and milk in the evening is a very nice touch. Awesome job people!!! Thanks for a wonderful 24th wedding anniversary trip!

Room Tip: King Balcony suite facing golf course. Can't beat it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
State College, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here for a 3 day getaway in a beautiful two room suite. The suite had a lovely porch overlooking the 18th hole of Mystic Rock golf course. The living room was artistically decorated and had a gas fire place. The bath had a great four head shower and a large deep tub. Service was "over the top" between the service from our butler and the nightly turndown service.

This hotel is convenient for playing golf. It is quiet and away from the other activities at Nemacolin. Very nice pool, but it was closed when we were there.

Van transportation was readily available to head for the spa or other restaurants.

Small fitness center in Falling Rock. Larger fitness center is available in the spa building.

Room Tip: Recommend room on top floor with a balcony overlooking the golf course.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you want the experience of a lifetime, especially if you are a golfer, be sure and stay at the Falling Rock resort at Nemacolin. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there and though it was pretty pricey, was worth every penny. We are so glad we paid more and stayed at Falling Rock rather than the Lodge or the Chateau, these were more family oriented. And the fact that we played at Mystic Rock, made it even more convenient.

Be sure and utilize your butler service - have them unpack your bags, draw you a nice scented bath, etc. They are great!

Falling Rock has this amazing infinity pool. If you are staying at the Lodge or the Chateau, you won't be able to use it. That's another reason we chose to stay here.

Women golfers - Mystic Rock is the most beautiful, yet woman friendly golf course I have ever played. The women's tees are over 2,000 yards closer than the men's blue tees.

We also tried the target shooting which is down the road from Nemacolin and had a great instructor named John. It was a blast.

One of the highlights of our weekend was experiencing a "body polish" at the spa. It was awesome! Two weeks later our skin still feels great!

Also, there is a casino, which is right around the corner from Falling Rock, we could see it from our balcony. It's nice because there is a non-smoking section.

Last but not least, we ate dinner at Aqueous, which is right in Falling Rock. Best steak my husband has ever eaten!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Delaware, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rooms and property are beautiful. Service was spotty. Front door team was delightful. Housekeeping, not so much. Left our room at 8:30 a.m., back at 3:30 pm, had not been cleaned. Then they came at 4 pm for the turn down service. Hmmm. Also not sure what part of "can I get the cookies gluten free?" didn't they understand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Falling Rock? Share your experiences!