This resort is definately geared towards Conference attendees only. It claims to be a family resort, however, there is no "daily' activities schedule and despite the facilities is a very BORING place to vacation!
There is no tennis program, daily clinics, etc. I made 3 calls to get a lesson..pro never called back. Rented a ball machine..it was not working!
There is very little for adults to do. ..other than golf. There was a wine tasting class...which was good...but really nothing else.
There is no quiet "sit down" place for a nice lunch...only sandwiches at the pool or kids activity center. I had to leave the resort to get a "ham and cheese" sandwich at a local diner! The nice restaurants are only open for breakfast or dinner. The food is mediocre...but they charge $12 for a hamburger...an entree with 1 glass of wine will cost you a minimum of $40 - $60.
The wireless internet service is extremely WEAK in the guest rooms..I'm in the lobby typing this review. The rooms are OK..but I've stayed in rooms of comparable size and decor at a nice Hilton Garden Inn for 1/3 of the price of a Nemacolin room.
Service was average...desk personnel were not very friendly...restaurant staff was friendly...bellhops were very helpful...concierge was useless!
I would definately not return to Nemacolin...it's too expensive for the limited activities available. They have a lot of facilities..but have no "organized" activities to actually use them...it's a SHAME.
- Also Known As:
- Nemacolin Woodlands Hotel Farmington
- Nemacolin Woodlands Hotel
- Nemacolin Resort
- Nemacolin Woodlands
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on 2,000 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Western Pennsylvania and just 70 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is consistently recognized in the travel and hospitality industry for superior service, luxurious accommodations, large selection of amenities and as a first-class meeting destination. Nemacolin is one of only 11 Resorts in the world to feature both Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond lodging and dining. With activities and amenities galore you can expect the unexpected at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.