“Overpriced, mediocre food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Cinghiale

Cinghiale
822 Lancaster St, Baltimore, MD 21202-4347 (Little Italy)
410-547-8282
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cinghiale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 1,805 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cross street: S Exeter St
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Overpriced, mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I visited this restaurant with a group of 8 friends when I was In Baltimore for a conference. I told the person that seated us that we would need separate checks as we needed these so that we could be reimbursed. Although he said he couldn't give us separate checks he said that he would give us each an accounting of our bill. At the end of the meal I was presented with the bill which I had to separate myself. Now for the food. I ordered a spinach salad for $10.00. It couldn't have been more than 1/2 cup of salad which consisted of 6 leaves of spinach, some endive, a walnut half and a few sorry croutons. I also ordered an appetizer portion of tortellini which was good but not any better than I can get at a chain restaurant at home. I have eaten in restaurants all over the world and I can say that I have never eaten so little for so much money! Luckily we were brought plenty of good bread. Since I was the person who selected the restaurant I was thoroughly embarrassed. There are many good restaurants in the area where you can get a much better meal for much less money!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Having been several times to Charlestons, I decided to try out Cindy and Tony's restaurant, Cinghiale. It did not disappoint. The food was excellent, the wine pairings were beautiful, and the service was outstanding.

Visitors should note that there are multiple dining rooms at Cinghiale. Because I knew my guests would be uncomfortable in the more formal room, we chose the Enoteca. I was assured the food and service would be the same, and they really were. However, Enoteca does have a more boisterous feeling to it. Those wanting a more private, formal experience should ask for the formal Osteria.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
York, Pa
“BACK AGAIN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am not new to this place. I love it. The ambiance is just the transition I need to mellow out and be enticed by creative tasty. Drinks are on, typical cosmo start is just right with that slight skim of ice over the top, and pale so it's just a lick of cranberry... It's always nice seeing the carving block on the way to the table to see the sausages, and meats and cheeses .... visual , yes I'm visual
If you're still reading this, know this, I've been to all most all the "best" in Baltimore. There are those that have a higher snoot factor, and there are the dives with a great singular specialty. But Cingahiale just nails it for me. You can't go wrong or wanting for creativity, service and ambiance.
When in doubt, pick it.. .no on second thought.. don't... it makes it harder to get into... plan ahead

• 5 of 5 stars Food
NY NY
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Of the 4 top-rated restaurants we visited, this one was our favorite. Be sure to try the squid-ink farfalle with lobster

Visited October 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Vegetarian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Ordered off menu twice here, first time risotto was so undercooked I couldn't eat it, second time, just uneventful. very disappointing for the price and hype. beautiful atmosphere and fantastic service, however.

Visited June 2012