“Good value for the money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown

Save Saved
You added Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown to your Saves list
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 East Pleasant Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Baltimore) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15% by Booking Early
Ranked #9 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Wichita, Kansas
“Good value for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I don't think I compromised anything compared to a more expensive hotel except a location that is more off the beaten track (but not a bad location) and a breakfast that was not really all that inspiring.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HomeTwo B, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
SDEL218,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We are a bit further up from the Inner Harbor area but glad to see you liked the property.
I am sorry to hear breakfast didn't inspire you. Our breakfast is a bit different then everyone else’s; we have a yogurt topping station (with everything from chocolate chips to raspberries), hot breakfast sandwiches, cereal and oatmeal. We see some crazy combinations of things at breakfast each day.

Hope to see you next time you are in Baltimore!

Christopher Snyder

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I just stayed 3 nights at this hotel. I was able to walk to/from my business each day and the style of the hotel made me feel like I was staying in my own apartment. Refreshing difference from a standard hotel! Staff was friendly- more like neighbors than hotel staff.

PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have stayed at this property on several occasions when in Baltimore on business. The staff has always gone out of their way to accommodate my needs. The amount of amenities is plentiful for business or leisure travel; location makes it easy to navigate to various areas of center city by foot or hotel shuttle without having the valet bring the car out; fitness center and breakfast fulfill basic needs; and the suites are well-appointed for the traveler who wants more than a room. I particularly like the full kitchen of the suite and office work space. The only downside is that on each occasion I have stayed on the backside of the building which overlooks the backs of other buildings and at some point in the night the trash trucks come and start to empty dumpsters causing quite the commotion.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the front side of the building.
Belton, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First when we got there, there is no on-site parking, so you either have to valet your vehicle or go find a parking garage, and if they valet it, then they take it to a parking garage off the property. Since we have a full size truck they parked it behind the building by the dumpsters in the ally way where there was no lighting, I could of done that for 25 a night so for 50 bucks my truck sat in a dark ally! Next off the lady at the front desk dont remember her name, she was very kind and helpful like all hilton staff usually is, we also have a pug, so that is the main reason why we stayed here, also because we used our HH Honor points, back to the dog, you have to walk down the block across the street and down some UNlightened steps to a park to take your dog potty. If the hotel was pet friendly like most home 2 suites are, then there should be somewhere to take the dog to the bathroom closer to the property. I did NOT enjoy walking down town baltimore in the dark to a park to take the dog to the bathroom!!! And one last complaint huge complaint the front desk person named Shernae was extremely rude and unknowledgeable of ANYTHING we called and ask what places were close to deliver for food and she told us to walk downstairs and look it up ourselves, when we went down stairs we had a glass from breakfast, she informed us she would not take it from us and we could take it to the kitchen where the other dirty dishes were, when we called down for a taxi to be called, no one had a problem but shernae, she acted like it wasn't something she wanted to do, no one else had a problem with it.... Justin was very nice and friendly and helpful since shernae didnt know squat and had a sour look on her face everytime we seen her and acted like she hated life, room was nice, except the sliding bathroom door, poor deisgn, probably will not stay there again. Also it really wasn't "downtown" seemed like it was close to shady part of town... keep up the good work Justin !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at the Home 2 suites in Baltimore, MD for 2 months! While I stayed there I had the chance to get to know some of the most helpful, sincere, and outgoing staff I have ever experienced in my life.
Jarrod, Shemae, Arron, Karolin, and david were amazing! They went above and beyond my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone that plans to pass through Baltimore. Short term or long term. All I can say is "wow".

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the parking lot above the 6th floor (the views amazing)!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Swedesboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel about 2 months ago! From the moment we walked in, the hotel was very modern, up to date, very clean and refreshing. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and we have no complaints about them! Then we were checked in and headed to our room. The room was outstanding to say the least. From the modern fixtures and decor to the extremely large bathroom! One of my favorite features!! The bathroom felt like an extra room, it was that big! The room was very clean and we had no issues. We especially loved the blackout curtains just in case we needed to take a nap during the day! I loved the fact that your right in the heart of Baltimore and it was a great easy walk to Inner Harbor! I have no complaints about the hotel, it was very friendly, clean and modern hotel. I would defiantly stay at this hotel and plan on doing so in the future!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We got an incredible deal on this hotel (about $70 a night) through Expedia's secret hotels and it was well worth it, though it's probably much more expensive normally. The lobby and room were beautiful, modern, and clean. The room included a stove top, microwave, pots and pans, utensils, basically anything you'd need for a long term stay. The breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've had. The food was on the cheaper side(like all continental breakfasts) but the choices were great.
The harbor is only about a 10-15 minute walk away. There's also plenty of places to eat or grab a coffee nearby. Unfortunately, there were quite a few homeless people around the alleyways surrounding the hotel, but I guess that's just Baltimore. It felt safe, but I wouldn't go for a walk in the area past 10pm.
If you can snag a good deal, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown? Share your experiences!