The location is the best thing about this hotel. It is right on the charm city circulator (which is a free bus service to most tourist locations) so we did not have to use our car at all. Easy access to great restaurants by walking. Mount Vernon is a great location to stay in Baltimore. The rooms are all upgraded, new and clean. Request upper floors (we were on 10th) and rooms towards the back of the hotel. It's quieter and great views.
The only drawback in our room was the shower. It took at least 20mins for the water to get warm in the shower. So you had to keep the shower running for a long time before you can step in. I don't know if that's something just in our room or other rooms as well. It was such a waste of water but I wasn't about to take a cold shower. And the funny thing was when one person finished taking a shower, turned off the shower, and someone went in right afterwards, and turned the water on, there wasn't any water coming out! We just laughed. Something to be prepared for if you are in room 1005.
The breakfast was nothing to write home about. You have your usual cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, bagels and toast and couple other things.
The parking is $25/day. We didn't use our car so we just paid that but if you are going to use your car throughout the day, I would do street parking. After 6pm its free overnight. And also there are garages close enough which are cheaper then that. For us it was just easier not to have to deal with our car. They also offer free laundry if you are staying longer.
Overall, good clean place to stay in a great location.
- Also Known As:
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Baltimore Downtown Hotel
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Baltimore Downtown Hotel Baltimore
- Comfort Inn Baltimore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Home2 Suites by Hilton is located in downtown Baltimore near many businesses, restaurants and attractions! We're a 10 minute walk from Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, First Mariner Arena, as well as the National Aquarium, Pier 5 Concert Pavilion and dozens of restaurants for any occasion. We offer 95 brand new contemporary suites with modern amenities including free wireless high-speed internet, free inspired breakfast and 42" flat screen TV"s! The Home2 Suites is central to Mercy and Johns Hopkins Hospitals, Baltimore's Financial District, and has easy access to Fell's Point and Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.