“Perfect for business trips” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown

You added Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown to your Saves list
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 East Pleasant Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Formerly Comfort Inn & Suites Baltimore) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 15% by Booking Early
Ranked #11 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Perfect for business trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I went for a 4 day business trip and Home2 had everything I would have wishes for a business/suite hotel. Large rooms with kitchen facilities, free wifi, 24h downstairs space to work, good beds and extremely helpful and friendly staff. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
speachnj, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Lin K,

We love seeing business people happy to be working and staying with us! As always, our staff are here to make your stay both comfortable and efficient, no matter what brings you to downtown Baltimore. If you would like, contact myself or any of our staff when arranging your next stay!

410.576.1200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Catanzaro, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent only one night in this Hotel where I had never been before, and I was really most impressed with it. The location is very convenient, the room was spotless, spacious and very well-organised, the beds the staff friendly and competent. In particular, Ms. Linita and another young lady and a gentleman, whose name unfortunately I can't remember, were tremendously helpful during my stay. All in all, I was really very satisfied, and I definitely plan to stay in this Hotel next time I visit the city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Johnm55,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and pictures of our Suites! It is always a pleasure to hear of a great stay at the Home2 Suites Baltimore! Linita as always will enjoy hearing of a guest that she has helped! As for everyone else, we look forward to seeing you again upon your next visit. If there is anything I can do to assist, please feel free to contact me directly.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Spent Friday at Home2 Suites and Limita and Tevon were superb! They were extremely courteous, informative and helpful to us. It is a pleasure to deal with such professional people as they. Thanks Limita and Tevon!

Nancy Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience while staying with us at the Home2 Suites Baltimore Downtown! I know when Linita and Tavon read this it will make their day. Your positive comments are an encouragement to all of our staff to continue providing excellence in service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when arranging a future visit!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

All this Home2 Hilton really does is gives you a pretty nice room for the price, but then skimps on everything else they can. The service was terrible. Our first night there we pulled back the bed covers only to find hair all inside the sheets. They clearly had not been changed since the previous guests had left. I called down and spoke to an unapologetic man who told me someone would be coming up to help me. A few minutes later, a man knocked on my door and handed me a pile of sheets to change them myself. Not a good start.
At first glance, the shower looked somewhat dirty. Just regular soap scum in corners and such. I decided it wasn't that big a deal. Once in the shower I noticed the used soap bar sitting on the shelf. I had been used to the point where it may have been the width of 2 quarters. Also, covered in hair. The shampoo dispenser was also empty. When I got out the shower and went to grab a towel, the towel even had hair on it.
The next day, there was no housekeeping to come in and turn the bed over or bring new towels. They really do take the whole "home" thing pretty seriously I suppose. It's as if it's your own home and you have to do everything yourself. We spent 2 nights in this place and were told by a rude man at the desk that the valet we paid $25/night for would be a 20 minute wait. He said "well there are people in front of you." He was right. There were 2 groups in front of me, I just didn't know that was how long it took to get 3 cars.
We will not be coming back

• Stayed May 2012
PhillyPhinest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us at the Home2 Suites Baltimore. Let me apologize for the situations you have described with our housekeeping services, and with valet operations. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with excellence in service and accommodations, and I take all instances which are inconsistent with this goal with all sincerity. It would be my pleasure to speak with you further regarding your stay with us, please do not hesitate to reach me at any time. I can assure you these comments have been shared with all of our staff, so we may provide excellent service in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I spent a week at Home2Suites in Baltimore during March 2012 on a business trip. I chose this hotel because I really like Embassy Suites, but they were booked that week and this property offered everything I like about Embassy Suites (big room, kitchenette, and free breakfast). The suite was very nice and spacious -- the pictures on-line are exactly the room you stay in. The Suite has a kitchen with a full fridge, dishwasher, microwave and they will give you a hot plate and pans if you ask. The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, glassware, cutting board, tea towels, dish clothes, paper towels and dish soap. There is a small sitting area with a couch and coffee table and ottomans. Also, there is a desk area with a convertible L-table that adds onto the desk or can be used as a dining table. A large flat screen TV rotates to the sitting area or the bed area with ease. I had a queen bed that was very comfortable and had great sheets and pillows. The bathroom had a nice vanity area, toilet with two flushes cycles, and a glassed shower stall. I really liked the clean lines and simplicity. I also had a nice closet with a lot of hangers and storage for my suitcase.

The front desk staff was so efficient and helpful -- they told me the best (cheapest) restaurants and gave me directions to a great grocery store that was close by. They also told me how to park on the street in front of the hotel for cheap-- so I could avoid the expense and hassle of valet parking.

The hotel has complimentary wireless internet and breakfast. The breakfast is simple, good and plentiful (coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, egg sandwiches, whole fruit, oatmeal, cold cereal and lots of spreads (Nutella was my favorite). The breakfast staff was efficient and very helpful -- I arrived late for breakfast one day and they waited for me to get my breakfast, and they were really nice about waiting, to shut down.

The price for my suite was super cheap. The Holiday, Marriott and Comfort suites were charging 1/3 more for a room with just a bed and bathroom -- no free internet, kitchen, breakfast or street parking.

The neighborhood of this hotel is just charming -- lots of shops, bars, restaurants, churches and the Charm City bus line is just a short walk. The Baltimore Basilica is just up the street and I was able to go to Mass most mornings before work.

I did not use the washers and dryers, but when I did a tour of the hotel they were readily available. -- as was the gym with a Gaming center.

I look forward to staying at this property again when I am in Baltimore -- I just hope it won't become so popular that I can't get a reservation . . .

Room Tip: Stay in a higher up floor -- the views are great. I was on a top floor and I could see for miles.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We recently traveled to Baltimore for medical treatment through Johns Hopkins Hospital. Two key ingredients we were looking for were shuttle service to Johns Hopkins and breakfast. This hotel offered both, so we booked it for three of our family. We were so pleased with our stay and our needs were met completely. We enjoyed a good, nourishing breakfast each morning. We were shuttled to the hospital as our medical needs required. Our room was kept clean, it was well appointed, the beds were very comfortable, there was a complete full-sized kitchen, and there was a new exercise room with complete laundry services. We couldn't have been more satisfied with our stay, but we would be remiss not to note how kind and friendly each staff person we encountered was. They graciously attended to our every need, including wheeling me into the hotel in a wheelchair upon my return from surgery. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a good and convenient place to stay in Baltimore. Thank you.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was unfamiliar with this Hilton brand before my stay. Boy was I impressed. I called ahead of time and spoke with the general manager as I would be making reservations for 2 rooms on the saturday (5/12) of Mothers Day weekend. As my mother and family were coming into town we would have to coordinate multiple checkins with 2 seperate credit cards, processes which in the past have been absolute trainwrecks at other hotels. Not at the Home 2 Suites by Hilton. The staff there were so accomodating and courteous and really helped to make an otherwise confusing and hectic check in process infinitely more manageable and were patient and friendly with us from the moment we all stepped in the door. Being from out of town the front desk staff (Marlon, Briz, Jerrod, and a few others who's names I can't recall- but all the staff working 5/12 and 5/13 have my utmost praise and respect) recommended a wonderful seafood resteraunt and even offered shuttle service there. Afterwards we went to see a rock opera of the highest caliber and returned later to our rooms, exhausted but happy from an evening of great dining and entertainment- the best Baltimore had to offer. I must say that the linens, mattress, and bed in general were decadent to say the least. I got a great nights sleep, and was ready to hit the city again the next well rested to continue to part 2 of the mothers day extravaganza that was unfolding in Charm City. The front desk staff was able to inform us about the Walters Art gallery exhibits and directed us to the top of the street where the "Circulator" a free green bus was able to take us to the museum. Upon our return we were checked out and our awesome Mothers Day trip came to a conclusion.

I reccomend this new brand of Hilton and this hotel in particular to anyone coming into Baltimore whether for just a night as we did or for a longer trip. As the young gentlemen upfront were explaining that this particular hotel brand can cater to people planning on staying for a long extended stay as well (think gov't contractors, doctors, etc.) It has a very chic, hip feel and would definitely make for a cool appartment. The area itself is very cool with lots of great places to eat and little shops to check out as well as museums and monuments all within walking distance. The staff was friendly, fun, courteous and seemed genuinely interested in our well being from Aaron who was able to answer many of our questions all the way to Darren, the young guy cleaning our rooms who greeted us with a huge smile as we left. All in all we had a great time, and staying here really helped to make this a special Mothers Day for my mom and our family. All I can say is keep up the good work and next time I visit Baltimore I will definitely be making my reservations for the Home2 Suites!

Room Tip: Both rooms that my family stayed in were great, both seemed the same in terms of layout/ammenities...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown? Share your experiences!