“Embassy Suites Balt Inner Habor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor

You added Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 St Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Formerly Tremont Suites Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Memorial Day
Ranked #19 of 60 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sheridan, Wyoming
“Embassy Suites Balt Inner Habor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel with very helpful staff. Located within walking distance to many experiences and easy to reach from Baltimore Penn Train Station. My only negative experience was when ordering lunch - took 30 minutes to prepare a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich. My work colleagues had the same complaint. Otherwise, a great place to stay when visiting Baltimore.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
west chester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel lived up to the billing. You will wait entirely too long to elevators...but if you're not in a hurry, you'll be ok. The hotel is quiet and very clean. The people working there were very nice as well...If you are coming in to town I would recommend this place. Just a few block from the hustle and bustle.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A few minutes ago I returned the iron to the fixture on the wall where it rests, in a closet in a room at the Embassy Suites.

When the weight of the iron hot the fixture, the fixture fell off the wall, and the iron missed my food by a few inches - I was not wearing shoes at the time. If it had hit me, it would have certainly broken bones.

It is obvious that this fixture was coming out of the wall for a long time. One wonders how many cleaning people had looked at it and not noticed the accident waiting to occur.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
EmbassyBIHMgmt, Manager at Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Johnzero,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are truly sorry that the fixture came off the wall while you were placing the iron in it. We are very glad to hear that you were not injured. We will be sure to double check all of our iron fixtures to ensure they are properly secured in the wall, as we would never want something like this to happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Baltimore, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great breakfast and wonderful staff. Highly recommended.Located in a great location. The only downside is watching looters pillage and destroy local businesses from hotel window. Recommend that you try Geisha's Sushi restaurant located on the opposite block.

Jeremy,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for mentioning our team, we will be sure to share your comments with them. We hope that you will return to Baltimore as things have settled down since your last stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.
Raleigh, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nice looking room, tiny bathroom. Worst service ever. Elevators are horrible, you wait forever. No baggage carts and no one to help with bags. Valet service for car but you better ask at least 30 minutes before you need your car!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Stephanie,

Thank you for your review. As one of the tallest buildings in Baltimore, our elevators have a long way to go to take care of our guests. We did have a challenge during the weekend of your stay with the elevators but have made the necessary repairs to ensure your next stay does not experience the same challenges. I apologize that our bell and valet team were unable to help you in a timely manner. We work hard to never keep guests waiting and we are very sorry that we were unable to deliver this service to you. We appreciate your comments and we will do everything we can to make the necessary steps to improve the service.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great hotel, awesome location and a very generous managers reception every night.

Walking distance to great restaurants and the inner harbor. Perfect place to stay.

The concierge took excellent care of my ransoms "sick in the middle of a trip" needs. I will be back.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
SuperGirl11,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially the evening reception. We have been working on new varieties and are so glad you liked them. Thank you for mentioning your experience with the staff. We truly strive to go above and beyond on every opportunity. We look forward to your return and thank you again.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I came to Baltimore for a business trip for two nights. I enjoyed the several aspects of the hotel: The large and spacious suites (complete with separate living, dining, and sleeping areas), the complimentary breakfast, and the manager's reception (i.e. free happy hour) were unexpected treats. The housekeeping staff was very cordial, prompt, and thorough, addressing my request for toiletries within minutes.

There were, however, some not-so-nice aspects. For starters, for a hotel with over 30 floors, there are only four relatively small elevators, and none runs express. For patrons on the top floors, it can take quite some time for an elevator to come - I waited around five minutes each morning.

In addition, there were some encounters I had with certain members of the staff that I found a bit disturbing. As I had a bit of free time, I decided to explore the Inner Harbor my first evening at the hotel. On my way back to the hotel, I picked up a sandwich for dinner. Unfortunately, upon returning to the hotel, I found that the fire alarm had been pulled. As other guests filed into the lobby, I decided to stand outside to avoid the commotion. As I was standing outside, a hotel porter came up to me and inquired if I "had called the guests to come down and pick up." It took me a moment to realize what he was implying: that I, as an Asian male, must somehow be delivering food. I informed the gentleman that I was, in fact, a guest of the hotel, to which he was profusely apologetic. The next night, I decided to step outside once again for some air, and the gentleman I presumed to be the hotel valet came up to me and asked me to write a review for him while addressing me as Mr. Lee. Needless to say, I am not, nor have I ever been, Mr. Lee.

In short, though I liked the many amenities of the hotel, I am troubled by the slights I experienced at the hands of the hotel staff due to what I perceive to be my race.

W_W973,

Thank you for sharing your comments. Please know that our team would never intentionally offend you or make assumptions about our guests. This was a misunderstanding on the team member and we have addressed this immediately. We are truly sorry about this instance. We hope this does not prevent you from choosing Embassy Suites in the future.

Been to Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!