“Somewhat Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor

You added Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 St Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Formerly Tremont Suites Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #18 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Somewhat Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have stayed in Embassy Suites elsewhere and were quite pleased. Here, however, we were in an older high rise building on the 33rd of 37 floors. While probably subject to a major renovation at some time in the past, the suite layout was a bit strange. However, it was spacious and clean. Our main issue was the noise of the elevators which were adjacent to the room. Fortunately, by closing the door to the bathroom, you could reduce the noise somewhat. Also, fortunately, the elevator gets less usage during much of the sleeping hours. Had we known in advance, we would have requested a room away from the elevators. They advertise heavily their hot, cooked- to-order breakfast. The food was quite good and a chef prepared omelets to your specifications. However, they ran out of some silverware, juice glasses, and hot coffee twice! during our breakfast. Other than the chef, it appeared that they only had one other person who was responsible for restocking and also clearing tables. When we stay in Baltimore again, we will stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not adjacent to the elevators
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel since it was directly across the street from Mercy Hospital where my wife was a patient. The hotel staff was friendly in a folksy way with chit chat conversations. The suites were large and clean. The breakfast was free and pretty good. I enjoyed staying there and although the reason for my stay was not a pleasant one, the experience with the hotel was pleasant.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Wake Forest, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The room was spacious,clean but was short one wash cloth. I had a relatively good view of the city, slept well, water was hot for showers and like the new electronic door keys. Took a moment to figure how to swipe it, no instructions provided. My only point that lowered the rating was the breakfast otherwise I would have given it an excellent. It was within walking distance to the inner harbor and other restaurants if desired and close to the venue I was attending.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

X
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very helpful valet service...It took 3 elevators and a surprisingly long walking tour to get to the right room, but at least the valet was on the ball. Would've taken 3 times longer to unload and setup...Thanks guys.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I checked in on 20 Dec for one night. Thanks to Jay Stany I made it there. My GPS had me going in circles. I pulled off to the side and called the hotel, the most polite, calm and professional voice answered and identified himself as Jay, I told him my situation...Im loss, he guided me to the hotel, the whole while he was calm nd reassuring. I made and he greeted me with the same demeanor, calming and professional. What a feeling to know he went that extra mile.

• Stayed December 2014
Boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel has great views of the inner harbor and the suites are quite roomy; larger than other hotels. Complimentary breakfast is a great. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again. Staff is very polite and helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Lagos, Nigeria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Booked this hotel because my friend was having surgery across the street at Mercy Hospital and that's one thing going for this hotel. The other was the Starbucks downstairs.
My friend was named on the booking - she had a copy of the booking, printed from the Hotel's reservation site, showing this - yet the Front Desk refused to check her in, saying it did not show in their system. She had to kick up a fuss and ask for the Manager!
What is called a kitchenette was dismal. The fridge was a mini, the microwave tiny. No welcome kit for the kitchen. No crockery - you have to pay for that. The wash cloths were not replaced after the 1st night.
The breakfast was AWFUL!
I left my purple jeans on the pull out sofa but the hotel claims never to have seen it - the lady I spoke with said she had checked the log for the period I stayed and beyond and there was nothing but she would leave a message for the person who cleaned the room to see if she found it. My question was "If she found it, would she not log it? So why would you think she may have seen it?" The lady had no response. She also said I would get a call from them the following day. That was before Thanksgiving - I have not heard back from them.
Because of the treatment at check in and the meagre amenities and awful food, we checked out a day early - and the front desk staff insisted on charging for the last day, despite the complaints we had made and the reason for leaving.
Anyway, I do know that I am never staying at ANY Embassy Suites ever again - this is a disgrace to the Hilton group.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!