“Fantastic hotel for staff, food, & atmosphere!!! =)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 St Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Formerly Tremont Suites Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Plus Water Taxi
Ranked #20 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fantastic hotel for staff, food, & atmosphere!!! =)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

EASY 5/5 review! This morning (07/24/14) I had the pleasure to attend a business meeting at the Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. First, I want to acknowledge the staff that made my visit super pleasant! The valet (Hussein) was attentive and helpful. Robin (front desk) was great with area recommendations, thoughtful, and courteous. Kim (server) at the B'more Bistro was very professional and patient with our group order as we changed minds on food, etc. ***I definitely recommend the AMAZING Avocado & CrabCake Salad plus the crabcake sliders were a delicious appetizer!!** The food was not only delicious BUT the presentation of all the food that arrived reminded me of attending upscale restaurants in California and New York. The rooms were very clean - ***CHECK INTO THE PRESIDENTIAL SUITE IF YOU CAN!!! I have traveled to many hotels for business and pleasure and I must say that was indeed the best hotel room/suite I have ever seen. Housekeeping and engineers (I forget their names) were all helpful holding elevator doors and asking guests if they need assistance with anything. I felt at home here PLUS the Grand Historic Venue (old Masonic Temple) is absolutely incredible. The spacious atmosphere, architecture, and amenities are top notch and make me want to bring friends and family to tour around the 5 story section that is used for meeting room, weddings, and other events. For coffee lovers, Starbucks is actually in the lobby and you cannot go wrong with the hotel's location near the inner harbor!! Hope this helps fellow travelers & visitors!! =)

Room Tip: Presidential Suite is incredible!!! Best suite in the building!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
South Riding, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From the time we pulled up out front until the time we left, the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. However, the first room we were given was not up to our expectations. First, be aware that this is an old building (but updated) and does not have the atrium layout and two room suites like every other Embassy Suites we've stayed in. The bathroom was very small, with a vanity lacking any countertop space. But the real problem was that it shared a wall with the elevator shafts and one of the elevator cars made a loud grinding noise as it stopped at our floor, which was projected into the room. The staff granted my request for a new room without question, and moved us from the 35th floor to the 36th floor in a room across the hall. The elevator noise could still be heard in the hallway but did not bother us in that room. The new room was also larger and had a better view, so we were happy with that. However, we quickly learned that it takes a long time to get to/from the upper floors. Apparently at least 2 of the 4 elevators were out of commission, and the remaining 2 kept overloading even when they weren't packed with people. During breakfast the next morning, it literally took us nearly 30 minutes to get back up to our room. At one point we resorted to climbing the very narrow stairwell, but after 9 flights we realized we couldn't climb all 36. Other people followed suit, but also gave up because people were coming down the stairs rather than wait for the elevator but the stairwell is too narrow to pass people in so we were forced to take turns on flights. When we eventually exited on the 9th floor, we waited 10 minutes for an elevator to come but when we tried to get on with the other people (again, not at all packed) it said it was overloaded. There was a housekeeping person on the elevator with a large bag of laundry ... eventually, one of the other guests got off so that we could stay on -- I felt the hotel employee watching all of this should have offered to get off so the guests could stay on. Once we finally made it to our room, we envisioned spending a disproportionate part of our weekend waiting for elevator rides so we decided to check out after 1 night instead of the 3 we had planned to stay. The front desk was apologetic and honored our request, waiving the early checkout fee. The elevator fiasco was amusing at first, with everyone in the same predicament and trying to get resourceful, but eventually it became maddening. I'm sure this was a temporary problem so I am still giving the hotel and above average rating, primarily because the staff is so courteous.

Room Tip: There are only 10 rooms per floor. Rooms ending in -00 and -09 are adjacent to the elevator shafts...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Hotel is centrally located in downtown Baltimore. It's clean and comfortable. Suites are very roomy with microwave and refrigerator. It offers complimentary breakfast and has a Starbuck in the hotel lobby. The staffs were very friendly and helpful.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was yet another very good Embassy Suites experience. The complimentary breakfast and reception make it a very good value. The hotels are always clean, very attractive, and the staff is friendly, professional, and efficient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

atlanta, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

great location...but is old hotel...and need more cleanliness...and need workers who can smell....all 5 pillows smelled awful.....next time gone spend more time to find more clean hotel than this one...pleasure trip with my daugther,,, turn to bad experience...

Shenandoah Valley Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. The hotel is a bit older, but nice refurbished. The room size was larger than the typical embassy suites we stay in, and they tend to be large. The staff at this hotel may have been the friendliest I have seen at any hotel, ever. Everyone was nice... the maids, the bartenders, the lifeguard, and even the chef came out of the kitchen during the reception and said hi to just about everyone. He was pretty funny as well.

The breakfast and the reception were very nice. The pool water was very warm :)

The only real problem we had, and it was a problem several times, was waiting for an elevator. There did not seem to be enough at various times. But, overall, it was a great stay and, for me, it will be worth waiting a little for an elevator.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor, responded to this review, yesterday
piersonhut- Our team seems to always score a home-run in terms of friendliness, helpfulness and professionalism. We understand our elevators are not going to break any records in terms of speed, but we appreciate your patience and understanding. It would be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Check-in was problematic as the clerk couldn't find my reservation initially (that was probably not her fault) but once it was found I was sent to a small, handicap-accessible room on a low floor with malfunctioning ac. After my request I was moved to another version of the same room on a higher floor. Over the course of my stay there was mounting evidence that the cleaning staff had been less than completely successful in their efforts - hairs that were not mine in the bathroom sink and a broken pill on the carpet outside my door that was there from the time I checked in until it checked out days later led me to wash or rinse anything before using it in my room and the meeting rooms. The iron left rust stains on my shirt, and the ac was very loud but the biggest disappointment was that the rooms were not suites as they are at other Embassy suites hotels. The final insult was that my credit card was billed incorrectly, even though I checked it at the front desk before leaving. I would not stay there again, but I almost gave them an "Average" because the management and desk staff did try to be responsive.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor in a room that does not end in 2 or 9.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
dduanee- We are heartbroken to hear that your recent stay with us could have left such a negative opinion of our accommodations and service efforts. It appears there were many things that prevented you from having a positive experience with us. Rest assured, this is not the level of housekeeping service that our loyal guests have come to expect from our hotel, and does not reflect the strong reputation we have built over the last year. When we fall short of our promise we appreciate the opportunity to serve you again in hopes of regaining your confidence. If you have a chance, please contact our Director of Rooms, Angela Wedemeyer, at 443.524.1350. We would like to ask some questions and find a resolution for your troubles.
-The Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor Team

Been to Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!