“Wifi out of step and not Gluten free friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   222 St Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Formerly Tremont Suites Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Aquarium Package
Ranked #19 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wellington, New Zealand
“Wifi out of step and not Gluten free friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is in a handy position, we stayed here three years ago for a graduation and although the upgrading is very nice, free drinks every evening....there's a couple of things....It was nice to return for three nights recently.
We had to pay around twenty dollars for just two days of wifi connectivity and that was only for one iPad. I was made to feel, when i asked politely if this could include my IPhone, and suggested they were out of step with the other hilton chain hotels we'd booked, that because the other Hilton down nearer the harbour charged for it that was ok! Well it isn't really might I suggest although maybe it's a Baltimore thing as the room rate didn't reflect the huge difference. Our Philly Hilton was cheaper and we had free wifi. Maybe it's to pay for the free drinks from the Manager im just wondering, not so good!
The man at the hotel desk told me to use the free wifi in the restaurant area which would have been absolutely fine but it only lasted literally five minutes and would not renew. Wouldn't on iPad either. Couldn't cope with even looking at some tourist sights, our emails even in the quick five minutes!! Was very frustrating and these days most people don't carry heavy guide books with them, they carry their iPads. I gave up on asking further as felt the system could not cope.
The other gripe, and I'm really sorry to have a moan as I'm a very positive person, see the best in people,and the restaurant staff were great and the food good although not the healthiest menus we had seen! So yes, I think I put that I was Gluten Free but in any case it's the easiest thing in the world to keep a loaf frozen in the freezer!
I asked if they had GF bread but the server just said, "there's white and there's brown" bread, pointing to where a load of fresh bread was being placed by another server and walked away. It was not GF bread, I can tell but to mislead a person is very dangerous even if she didn't mean to.
Now, the reason I make an issue of this is that it occurred to me that if a celiac person walked into that breakfast room the only food there was fruit and yoghourt and you could have a very nice omelette made. I can also eat oats, so could eat the oatmeal thankfully, as my allergy is to wheat but they just didn't understand that I couldn't eat wheat, I used the words flour less, etc but no, drew a blank face! . Unfortunately there was gluten (wheat derivative) in the bacon and I was in agony from stomach cramp within no time...will,spare you more detail but it took me til lunch time to come right with my husbands assistance. It tasted different so I should have known but it's a long time since I encountered that type of bacon and I'm relaxed on holiday, also my tiny country is real clued up on the GF issue but there must be thousands of people in the US with this serious allergy and not just for a fad diet which is sometimes how it's perceived.
SO please can you get your act together on this vital issue and simply either tell us the bacon contains wheat (why it has it is another issue!) or put a GF sign on the food that is GF, and provide GF bread. Because of the wifi we would look for another hotel next time even though the door staff are wonderful, getting cabs, laughing with us, so lovely, we love Baltimore... And hope to return for our fourth visit sometime soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location is directly across from Mercy Hospital and The Charles Towers, easy walk to Charles Street and Mt Vernon. The hotel was clean and staff were great. The best part of our stay was after a 2hr commute from DC on a Friday evening, we were greeted with a FREE Happy Hour! Thank You, it made our stay enjoyable and relaxing.

Our room had some water damage in the closet ceiling area, probably from the room above. The hotel was quiet and comfortable. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Embassy Suites in Baltimore is a good hotel in a good location (one block from Charles St with many restaurants, and walking distance from both Inner Harbor and Mount Vernon). Suite rooms are very spacious with good amenities and great views over Baltimore on high floors. There was a little issue upon arrival (right room was not available and the hotel failed to inform me) but that was resolved. Complimentary breakfast is good, and complimentary evening reception is excellent

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Theo M,
Staying at the Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor puts you in a great position to explore all that Baltimore has to offer, i.e. the delicious restaurants on Charles Street as well as the excitement surrounding Inner Harbor! We are pleased to learn that our team was able to rectify the guest room confusion upon your arrival. No other hotel offers as great of a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception like we do! Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Excellent accommodation. Large suite, clean linen and bathroom. Good breakfast service for guests. Great gym for hotel guests. Location good and most places in the inner harbour arear are only a short walk away. Parking though is a challenge. Although public parking located next door, very expensive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Charles L E,
Our parking rates are one of the best values in downtown Baltimore, but regret if you felt the cost was a bit on the higher end. Most hotels do not have an adjacent garage, and can reassure you this is an added convenience for guests staying with us. If given another opportunity, we look forward to serving you again soon!
Stoneham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here when our flights to Cancun were cancelled and we got stranded in Baltimore for 4 days. The first night was a big snow storm. They blamed lack of housekeeping the next day on the weather (which I can excuse). However, we were there 3 more nights and never once got our room cleaned. We complained daily and still nothing. I complained at checkout- she told me they would contact me. I left 2 messages for he GM and never got a call back. I finally contacted Hilton and they gave me some bonus HHonors points. I still never heard back from anyone at the hotel.

Aside from the housekeeping, the hotel was ok. Nice gym, decent location. The breakfast was a mess, although I find that to be common at most Embassy's. Too many people for the size of the breakfast area.

I don't think I would stay at this location again mainly due to the lack of response to our many requests for a room cleaning. You can't leave a family of 4 without housekeeping for 4 days!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Damian C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and assisting us to improve future guests’ experiences through your observations. We are very sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our very responsive and competent staff, so we are very regretful that we were unable to provide you with this personal experience in a manner consistent with most of our guests’ stays. We have also notified our housekeeping department regarding your experience, as every room is to be cleaned and refreshed properly, and there is no excuse in items not replenished thoroughly. We sincerely strive to make every stay wonderful, and we are deeply sorry that we were unable to fulfill this. If given another opportunity, we hope you will give us another chance to make amends and regain your confidence in us.
Livonia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was very satisfied from check in to check out. The best free breakfast - not just dry premade waffles & donuts! The free manager reception was even better than I remembered. Clean rooms and professional staff made this business trip very productive and stress free. Now if they could only do the same for the airport!

Dear Michael S,
That's our main goal for business travelers staying with us, to make their lives stress-free and as productive as possible.. Sounds like we succeeded with you! Airports have a long way to go before they could ever compete with the great amenities available at Embassy Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor!
Indianapolis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Awful!!! Our beds were dirty, there was hair in the shower when we got there, our reservations were wrong and the staff did nothing to help us get the rooms that we paid for. The best part of our stay? The free breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We regret to learn about the challenges you endured during your stay, and apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Certainly we will be addressing your comments with our housekeeping team to ensure that we are doing everything in our power to prevent this from reoccurring moving forward. Guest feedback is always important to us. Being well received, and with so many compliments from our past reviewers, we will continue to strive to improve upon our services and amenities each and every day.

Been to Embassy Suites Baltimore - Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!