“I Felt Like I Was Back In The Old Country!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #172 of 1,803 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Irish
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“I Felt Like I Was Back In The Old Country!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

As soon as our group of six entered this pub we were made to feel like old friends. Nothing was too much trouble for them. No table for six available, not to worry we will rearrange our tiny dining area so you can all sit together. Menu contained typical Irish dishes with some Maryland seafood thrown in. The loaded tater tots are not to be missed. Everyone in our group gobbled them up. I would also recommend the Shepherd's Pie with Guinness. Tasty! Skip the crab soup as there isn't much crab to be found.

The atmosphere was friendly, the food good and how can you beat a server with a touch of brogue in an Irish pub. Definitely a fun place to drop by for drinks, dinner and a good time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Culpeper, Virginia
“American Pub Grub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Life of Riley is a true neighborhood pub within easy walking distance of The Blue Door on Baltimore. A little bit of Ireland in Baltimore, their food includes typical pub grub, but also a few dishes with a little twist. Our waiter had a slight Irish brogue. I enjoyed the loaded tater tots!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Rude staff. Go elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I have been in here several times and it has become painfully obvious that there is only one bartender there that cares about customer service. The rest of the staff act like it is a chore to wait on you and will ridicule you every chance they get. I would advise people to go literally anywhere else.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“pure gold around the corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I lived four blocks away from this place and never knew it until the "snowmageddon" of 2010 (i think). A guy on my block who was shovelling out told me it was the only place in the neighborhood where a beer could be found. I had no idea, but it was so much more. A great neighborhood jewel!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington D.C.
“Locals pub is a hidden gem in Butchers Hill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hidden locals pub near Hopkins Hospital was a true find. Great regulars and staff make you feel at home in this small hole in the wall neighborhood Irish pub. The food is above average for a pub with the best sweet potato fries my wife (a sweet potato fry fanatic) has ever had. Regular pub fare is served as well as Shepard's pie and other unique treats.

• Visited May 2012