“Not sure why the negative reviews....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marble Slab Creamery - CLOSED

Marble Slab Creamery
201 E Pratt St, Ste 2035, Baltimore, MD 21202-1168 (Inner Harbor)
410-685-7522
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Dessert
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
DC Area
“Not sure why the negative reviews....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This place is now known as Marble Slab Creamery and Great American Cookie....

We had desert there with our niece - who can be finicky as to what she will enjoy - on a visit to the Inner Harbor and the National Aquarium. This was after lunch at Dick's Last Resort (see my review on that place).

I had the coconut ice cream, and was one of the better ones I have had. Our niece had a mix of vanilla and chocolate mixed with marshmallows - my france tried it and he thought it was very good.

The price was not much off from similar slab ice cream stores in the DC area. And the service was very good for a tourist stop. If the taste had been off for either of us - I would have said something about it....

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Only Place in the Inner harbor :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This has to be a first. My Kids hated the Ice Cream from this place. I dont know what it was but they threw it out in the trash... i asked them why and all they said was it tasted funny. WOW i did not know what to say back to them. The price was high for what you get in a small but oh well. I am so sorry that i had to give a bad review but facts are facts.

Jerry Ehrlich From the Great City of Philadelphia

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Closed during the "Off Season"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Being from Arizona, we were surprised to find this place closed during our trip to the Inner Harbor from Oct 15 - 19, 2011. There are no other places around that server anything more than a scoop, unless you head over to Little Italy.

Visited October 2011
Smithtown, New York
“Terrible ice cream, poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

This is by far the worst ice cream I have ever eaten! It had absolutely no flavor. If you have ever been to Cold Stone Creamery, you will hate this. The ice cream had no flavor and the toppings tasted stale. There was one girl doing everything and she was clearly annoyed that she had to do all the work. One co-worker who I guess was on a break, sat at a table chating. Another guy was making cones as slowly as possible and didn't stop to help even though there was a crowd. And this girl didn't know what peanuts are!!!! Hello? She couldn't tell me if they had peanuts or not? How do you not know what a peanut is? I ordered a small and it cost almost $8 I think and I threw it out. Wasn't worth the calories or money.

• Visited July 2011