“leaking bathroom” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court

You added Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court to your Saves list
Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   612 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly the Latham Hotel) (Mount Vernon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
ASTON
“leaking bathroom”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

In the moring when I awoke, the bathrrom floor was one giant puddle, when I told the person at the desk, I was told, oh..sorry. There was no mention about adjusting the bill, what could they do to help, nothing....I will not be back,

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Michael D, Manager at Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Good Morning! I am very sorry for the inconvenience of waking up to a puddle on the bathroom floor. Do you recall who you spoke with at the Front Desk? After their apology did they not send someone from our maintenance staff up to fix the issue? If you could please send me an email Kaitlyn.Hanley@peabodycourthotel.com I would like to speak with you further! Thank you so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for four nights and we loved our room. It was quite large and extremely quiet. We never heard a sound from any other room. When we first got there, Debbie at the front desk upgraded up to a larger room and after we told her we were there to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary, she arranged for Champagne to be delivered to our room. Everyone treated us really well. The two waitresses at their restaurant we delightful; one of them came over to give us a hug when she found out it was our last night there and we were leaving. I highly recommend this hotel. The location was great, it was easy to get around, and there were many places of interest. The Inner Harbor was not that far away and there was free local transportation available.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary!!! We are so happy that we had the opportunity to host you at the Wyndham for your special occassion!! Thank you so much for choosing us and for taking the time to write your kind review!! Please come back to see us again soon:) Have a great day!
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a rehearsal dinner for my son and his wife at the Peabody Court Rooftop. The view was beautiful but the food was not good. The rockfish and pork tenderloin were overcooked and dry. The most disappointing dish was the Chicken Chesapeake. We were served a delicious unbreaded chicken with a sauce which had crab, scallops and shrimp at the tasting but at the actual rehearsall dinner we were served a heavily breaded chicken covered in a thick sauce which did not have crab, scallops or shrimp. I was embarassed and would not recommend this venue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Michael D, Director of Sales at Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
As I have not gotten a response from the below correspondence sent on 9/19, we are sad to see that this is still ongoing. Again, I welcome your feedback. Please let me know when you are available to speak with me.

Dear Mrs. Nickerson,

Thank you for your comments for they are not taken lightly. We get very favorable remarks from our food, so your comments were very disconcerting. We do take great pride in our service and the quality of our food and would not want to have any misinterpretation or disappointment over a meal that otherwise should have been a festive time for you and your family. I am taken aback to read the details in your comments, that each item was not to anyone’s liking, when Tom, our Food and Beverage Director was in the room and acknowledged you and your husband on a couple of occasions on Friday evening. He felt that since he was not summons to express your displeasure that you were well satisfied with everything. Additionally, the feedback that he received from a large majority of your guest who attended the dinner, which were in George’s after dinner, expressed their appreciation and compliments for a job well done. I spoke with Mrs. Washington and Brandy on Sunday at the Brunch I heard the same satisfactory remarks. I must have missed you and you were not there when I checked in. I would like to offer our sincere apologies as to your perception of your meal at the Rehearsal Dinner honoring your son and his bride on Friday.

I do not want to be remiss in suggesting what you are considering that we do for you, since we were under the impression from the abovementioned feedback, that all went well. We welcome your suggestions and comments so that we can improve upon our service for future events.

Sincerely Yours,

Suzanne Curtian

Senior Sales Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Let me start with the good stuff: this is a delightful neighborhood in which to explore Baltimore. The Walters Art Museum is across the street, there is a great free circulator bus that will take you down to the waterfront, the neighborhood is full of good non-cookie cutter restaurants and bistros, and the little pocket parks and squares are charming and make for great people watching. The hotel staff was pleasant, the rooms clean and while not sparkling new, adequate particularly if you get a decent price on line through one of the discounters. The hotel restaurant is fine for breakfast or a before-dinner drink: with so many good restaurants in the neighborhood I wouldn't recommend it for dinner unless you are too tired to head out and explore (we loved City Cafe down New Hampshire street about 4 blocks and Marie louise Bistro on North Charles). Here's the negative side: I had an unpleasant accident in the restaurant that could have been serious - it wasn't, I'm grateful, and I don't blow things out of proportion. I have severe arthritis and leaned on the restaurant's handrail to help me up a few steps. It wasn't braced and came right out of the wall, tumbling me down the few steps. Staff and customers came right over to help. I was shaken but fine. The manager came over a bit later to check on me and I appreciated that. However, the hotel didn't follow up, didn't offer any help, didn't offer to even comp my breakfast. When you are not litigious, it seems to me the correct response for a place with good customer service, is to say "we're sorry you had an unpleasant experience, let us make it up to you by saying thank you with (fill in the blank)." I don't want to make the hotel out to be a villain nor do I think it's a bad place to stay, but I do feel you should be aware that you're on your own if anything goes wrong. Oh, and the valet parking is seriously overpriced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your reveiw! We appreciate the kind words but are very sorry to hear about the incident in our Restaurant. I spoke with my General Manager and he mentioned that he had in fact been in touch with you however, if I can be of any additional assistance please, send me an email: Kaitlyn.Hanley@peabodycourthotel.com
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Admittedly, I was tired during my visit to Baltimore, but sadly so was this hotel. Rooms dark with no overhead lights; dingy decor: I think trying to me subtle, but it was actually rather dreary. This was not helped by the fact that both blinds in my room had worn out mechanisms, and so didn't open. So, there was no daylight either. A pity, as I would have had quite a nice view of the cathedral spire. The carpet was very tired, very olive and mud coloured to the extent that it looked as though it had not been cleaned for some time, although I am sure it had. Bed was OK (very firm - be warned if you need a soft mattress!), bathroom OK, although the water pressure in the shower was way below what I expect and am used to in American hotels. Overall it was clean and well serviced although there were no tea bags in my room on arrival (shock horror for an English traveller!) and those supplied were ghastly! And only powdered coffee creamer, no milk.
And, as others have said, lots of steps.

Positives: it is in a great location. Mount Vernon is a really interesting part of Baltimore, lots going on, very pleasant to wander. It feels like a safe area, and is central and easy as a base. And Gene in the restaurant was really friendly, helpful, charming and cheering.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Good Morning! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am sorry about the inconvenience of not being able to open your blinds. Do you remember which room you were in? I would like to follow up! However, did you mention this to anyone during your stay? We would certianly like to fix any issues as soon as they arise as long as we are made aware of them!! We appreciate your comments and want you to know that we are in the process of updating our rooms. We have had carpets cleaned and replaced and are certainly looking to improving in other aspects! I do like your idea of having coffee creamers, perhaps kept in the refrigerators in each room? I will certainly look into that! Thank you again and have a great day!
Clifton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed overnight with my family.

If you are have stroller or wheelchair, this hotel is not for you. The front desk is located downstairs and there is no ramp.

I booked our room thru hotwire.com. The room we received was smaller than the others in the hotel and did not fit our needs (traveling with infant). When I asked at the front desk if I could upgrade my room (was willing to pay), I was told that since I booked thru hotwire that I would have to pay the regular room rate.

Our internet connection did not work, the phone did not work, there was a butter knife on the floor by the side of the bed and power strips all over the room. I asked the front desk for restaurant recommendations and basically the only recommendation was the restaurant located in the hotel.

Definitely not a family friendly hotel, will not be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Good Afternoon! I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that were caused during your stay. I understand that hotwire.com is a blind booking tool until you actually reserve a room and under prior management direction, third party reservations were not to be altered. However, under our new management team we have educated our employees in knowing how to better accommodate guest requests when reservations are booked through a third party. We do hope to have the opportunity to host you here in the future!! Have a great day!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The overall appearance of the hotel was excellent. I came here to take my son to the baseball game. The staff was very good and friendly. The valet was very nice and polite excellent job guys, keep up the great work.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words:) We appreciate your support and hope to have you back here with us again soon! Have a great day!

Been to Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court? Share your experiences!