“Not 4 star, not even 3.5 stars” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court to your Saves list
Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   612 Cathedral Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly the Latham Hotel) (Mount Vernon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #34 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Cordova
“Not 4 star, not even 3.5 stars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I went there for a conference. I was extremely disappointed when I entered the lobby, which was very small. First question I asked the front desk clerk was"how many stars this hotel is 2.5/3?" and he said "4". It is a very old hotel. If all you care for is the historic surroundings, then stay there by all means. But lesiure and luxury chasers, please beware! as it is not going to be pretty there. Small bathrooms. Very tiny fitness room in which there is only "one" treadmil which doesn't even work. Water cooler without cups. Free wireless internet caused many problems.
Over all extremely diappointed. In my opinion, if you are generous then they deserve a 3 star. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Luxury/Lesisure lovers, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
kenayers, General Manager at Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Hello Fellow! I'm surprised to hear your review. Especially about our lobby! I find it smaller, but we are an old building, hard to fit things into an old apartment building. Usually people love the tiered lobby w/ the chandelier! I've already had the treadmill serviced, and retrained our staff to refresh the amenities in the fitness center more often.

I hope that despite the size of our lobby, and the equipment not working, you found your guest room clean, and our staff responsive and friendly.

583 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here because a wedding we were invited to was in the neighborhood. The staff did not go out of their way to be helpful. 2 out of the 3 nights we had really loud neighbours in the room next to us. The valet was often not out in front and we ended up waiting a long time to get our car on a couple of occasions. it is a beautiful old hotel with a lot of charm. It would be great if the service could be as charming as the building.

• Stayed June 2011
kenayers, General Manager at Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Oh no!! Toochy! I'm sorry your experience at our hotel wasn't up to par! I will definitely pass on your review to each department so we make sure this doesn't happen to another guest!
Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

If you love antiques and history you will love this hotel. The entire staff everyone from the front desk, valet, bellmen restaurant staff go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and welcome to the point of remembering our name. The restaurant George's is fantastic. Walking distance to the light rail for a quick ride to the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. Rooms were clean and quiet with beautiful views of the city. The Washington Monument was right outside our window with an incredible view of the city at night. Because it is an old hotel the plumbing rattles a bit, but we felt it added to the charm. Our beds were super comfy, the bathroom was full marble with a towel warmer. We also liked the fact the the hotel was "green". All the basic amenities are available.

Even though the hotel belongs to a chain, you never felt as though you were in a chain hotel. I hope that it stays that way and the company doesn't try to refurbish, or modernize.

Parking, like all city hotels is expensive at $30 per night. We circled the block and found a come and go lot for $7 per day. We left our vehicle there and walked or took the light rail everywhere.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
40514Chris, Thanks for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, but I don't like that our plumbing rattled. I'll have that checked out ASAP! Thanks again and see you soon!
Shenandoah Caverns, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

They serve Starbucks coffee at the Restaurant and for room service. Great Valet - had my car out before I even asked for it. Room was comfy and loved the marble bath with wirlpool!

Room Tip: Always AAA
Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
kenayers, General Manager at Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
ShenCave, Thank you for your review of our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the near future!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We enjoyed a weekend stay at the Wyndham Peabody Court while attending a couple of events at the Maryland Institute College of Art. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the campus. Many restaurants can be found along Charles Street and near the hotel. The hotel is near the Walters Art Museum and in a nice historic area. Although not fancy, the rooms are clean and comfortable. We missed housekeeping service one day because we inadvertently switched on a "do not disturb" light located near the door.

Service was mainly friendly but a bit inconsistent. Case in point, when we missed the housekeeping service, I requested new towels. The housekeeper dropped off the towels and took off before I had a chance to hand her the used towels. Shawn at the front desk remedied the situation, and was very kind and professional. Overall, we were pleased with the stay and found the hotel to be a good value.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
OHTrip, Thank you for your review of our hotel! We do always have some bugs to work out, and I'm glad you've brought this to our attention (they should always await to take the "dirty" linens away!) I will ensure Shaun gets the recognition he deserves for remedying your situation... hope to see you again soon!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I think sometimes claiming itself "boutique hotel" denies the hotel's real quality. For me, "boutique hotel" usually means modern, contemporary, but consisted with cheap and plain furniture in the rooms. This hotel was definitely not a boutique hotel as they claimed, and I didn't expect that part from their pictures, but the hotel was totally exceeded my expectation. Maybe I could fortunately get the corner room, but the room (#1101) was much bigger than what I expected. The bathroom was definitely one of the biggest size I've ever seen in any other hotels. Furniture was good antique and produced warm atmosphere in my room...It was definitely my pleasure from opening up the room door at the first time. Bed was so comfortable and gave me a hard time to get out from there for sightseeing on each morning. Climate control was just perfect for me. You can hardly find towel warmer and complimentary bottle of waters even in Hilton or Marriott. The location was perfect for both sightseeing and nightlife...The hotel was much better than Tremont Plaza Hotel I stayed last time in Baltimore, which was still better than last time. Seriously, the hotel was one of the few hotels actual stay was better than my expectation.
I also expected that the quality of hotel stuffs would be good even before arrival, because the hotel manager commented on all reviews here. That was the sign of his passion to provide better quality. I was right. From front desk to valet to security, all stuffs were pleasant and helpful (that's Baltimore quality!). Only I wish was they should ask me how was my stay upon check out....I had plenty of good things to tell!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
trips2tell, Thank you very much for your review. I am definitely proud of the staff at our hotel and I hope you come visit us again!

Been to Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court? Share your experiences!