“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Baltimore
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Baltimore to your Saves list
Motel 6 Baltimore
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Bloomfield Ave., Baltimore, MD 21227 (Formerly Quality Inn Harbor South)   |
Ranked #60 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
New York, NY
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

I was in Baltimore for the New York Yankees ballgame. I checked for hotels in the area and they were way higher in rates almost 3 times than the Quality Inn. So I booked a room there at a much lower rate to try the Quality inn, well I was surprised, it is an exterior corridor property, but I assume it was recently remodelled, the rooms are nice, new carpet, newly painted, also had a italian restaurant on the property which had excellent food. It was one exit away from the stadium and the Inner Harbor area, so was an excellent value for money.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Exterior corridor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
va
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

I stayed in this hotel in Aug 2007.
When we arrived it we noticed that the hotel seemed run down, all the shady people walking around, and just got a bad vibe. Our room was dirty, floor was sticky, bathroom was gross. We were kept up all night from bed bugs, loud noises from other units and parking lot, and the power went out and we had no AC. The next morning we were told that we were not going to be charged because of the power going out. We had to check out early because of a family emergency and was told that we wouldnt be charged for our 2nd night and we didnt owe any charges.
This hotel charged my credit card 2 weeks ago, 7 months after we stayed there!
Please do not stay in this hotel!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
wilmington nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

I have stayed in this Quality Inn 3 times in the past year .
Each time has been great. the rooms were clean , the staff friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast plenty.

There is a great restaraunt beside the Inn and I was nearby the 95 exit and places I needed to go were easy to reach.

For a safe , clean place to sleep this is nice.

• Liked — location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

The first room that we were given was already occupied by a sleeping guest. The second room had sparks flying out of the heater. The third room was missing a microwave. All of the rooms that they tried to put us in were dirty and smelled of smoke ( even though they were supposed to be non-smoking rooms!) The linens on the beds were stained. Overall, a terrible experience. The only plus was that the staff did keep trying.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Overall condition of rooms
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, FLA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

Found this hotel online because I needed a bargain. I was thinking I was getting a great deal but not a great hotel at first due to some of the reviews on Trip Advisiors. I arrived and was greeted with friendly smiles and was given a newly renovated room. It seem as though what I read was far fetch and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I don't know how the rooms were before but the renovations are very nice. Oh! they also allowed me to use their newly renovated meeting space for a couple of hours on such short notice and the price was more than reasonable. This hotel has great customer service and with their newly renovated rooms, it makes the other reviews seem somewhat fabricated.

• Liked — Price and Location
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bloomington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

This is the worst sleep in a hotel/motel I've had in years, and I have at least 90 hotel nights/yr. It was like trying to sleep in Grand Central Station - noisy all night and all morning. Cockroaches. Total dump. It is a shame that they are trying to make this a competetive hotel (good internet service in rooms, new fitness room) but sadly they lack the hotel to put it in. The building itself is very old and noisy with outside doors and windows that might as well not be there for all the noise they keep out. Knock it down and start over again is my advice.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

We stayed here for 2 nights and would have checked out after one if it wasn't for the fact that we were in a group and would have been a hassle to find something different. We had to move out of our first room because the TV didn't work, but the next room wasn't much better. The stool didn't flush properly and the tub didn't drain. The floor was sticky and dirty. There were no cups for coffee. The others in our group spoke of black stuff in the shower and clogged drains. The most offensive site was the tattered American flag out front. That should have been our clue to head down the road. Avoid this place unless it's the last resort

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Baltimore? Share your experiences!