“Frightening” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Baltimore
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Baltimore to your Saves list
Motel 6 Baltimore
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1401 Bloomfield Ave., Baltimore, MD 21227 (Formerly Quality Inn Harbor South)   |
Ranked #60 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
NY
“Frightening”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have stayed in some seedy joints, but this place was the seediest. Alone as one grown man just looking for a rest from highway driving I am generaly not too picky, but I still would not recommend this joint. I was unfortunately traveling with my family and was not comfortable at all. The first rooms door did not close because it looked like it had been kicked in. The second rooms door closed if the secondary latch was engaged. There seemed to be hookers cruising the walkways, and Im not talking about the kind Eliot Spitzer hired ! Theres a bar next door called Loafers, and it seems like a rowdy crowd with plenty of a hootin and a hollerin all night long. One grown adult male, I would think twice before you stay here, but with your family, I would strogly suggest you avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: Away from Loafers, try the back side if you really must. Otherwise get back on 95 and try the next e...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This Is NOW Motel 6.......................................................................................................

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

I traveled to Baltimore to meet up with my grandfather and Uncle to see the Ravens play the Bills. Staff was verry freindly and conversational, espessially the breakfast guy. The roon was nice. The shower could have used some bleaching, but it was clean. the hotel could use some updating on maint. because the elevador was bad shape as so as the hotel room doors, the vending/ ice machine rooms needed updating. and some areas needed paint job updating. Overall the stay was nice i would stay again on a last resort option.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
auburn, New York , USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

Customer service was quick and friendly, Room was clean and quiet even for being near a highway, well priced, the continental breakfast was good as well nice variety to choose from especially liked the waffles, would stay at again if in the area, much better than the holiday inn we got stuck with the night before. wish we could have found this place first

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Took 55 minutes for me to get into my room because the keys they gave me the first and second times did not work and they did not answer the phone when I called the front desk to ask them to help me with gain entrance. I have 50 lbs of luggage b/c this is a combined business and mini-vacation trip and I have been away from home for five weeks, so I did not want to drag everything to the front desk again via the slow elevator from the fourth floor at the back of the house. There is a big-rig parked outside with its loud refrigeration unit running. I asked to switch rooms to the quieter side, but they wouldn't do it--one guy said the place, with its empty parking lot, was full; another said there was a party on the other side. Hmm. I called Choice Hotels to have them call the front desk--they were a little dumb, and called it but didn't keep them on the line or explain the issue. I called the desk; the guy answered; 23 minutes later he came up and unlocked the room. I'm in the room; I just called the front desk to ask about laundry--no answer. The non-smoking room smells like it used to be a smoking room. The location is not good; three miles from bookstores, malls, Starbucks, but I did just find a Dunkin Donuts with my GPS.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

The hotel is in a convenient place without being charged the over price rates if you were to stay in the downtown section. If you want to drive to the Inner Harbor it was a easy 10 minute ride. Free parking!!! Plus the front desk was able to give me directions to use public transportation to and from downtown.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
newark, nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

where to begin, we checked in on saturday as part of a group bus trip from new jersey to see the baltimore orioles new york yankees baseball game. we were given our room keys as we arrived in the afternoon, we dropped of our belongings and returned to the inner harbour for the game. when we returned to the hotel around midnight we got settled in the room and thats where the shock came in. as we pulled our sheets back there were giants stains on the sheets, there was hair all within the bathroom on the floor, and mold on the facing of the tub. Giant moth like bugs were in the room, i think we killed a dozen in the few hours we were awake in the room, im afraid to think of what was going on while we slept. upon noticing the sheet stains i went to the front desk, there was only one person working, and at first he was rather standoffish and said there was nothing he could do, they were fully booked and had no extra sheets, i asked if they had a laundry and he then relented and took me to the laundry room in the back of the hotel. when we opened the laundry door and turned the lights on, dozens, upon dozens of bugs, cockroaches, etc, scattered along the floor. since i wasnt in the mood to argue about that at the time, i took a few sheets and towels that appeared to be freshly washed and went back to my room. i took pictures of the stained sheets and bugs that were in the room as well i can send to you. all in all this was the most horrific hotel stay of my entire life, the hotel needs to be bombed for bugs, or better yet torn down, nothing about the facility was pleasant, the steps going up stairs outside were cracked and rotten, the elevator floor looked like it hasnt been washed in months, the floor mats in the mold infested tubs had black grime around the edges, one of my friends showered with plastic bags on her feet. another one of my friends on the trip had a room on the ground floor that had a 2" gap between the floor and the bottom of the door, and it was apparant that the door had been crow bar opened in the past. the continental breakfast in the morning was sub par to say the least, the coffee turned a nasty grey color as you added cream, and there were chunks of grinds in the coffee, i can go on and on about the horror of this stay, but it might be a better use of time if you could send an executive to this facility to check out what is going on, i know if i was managing a hotel chain i wouldnt be at all pleased with this facility.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Baltimore? Share your experiences!