“Beautiful Hotel but had problem with refund, Inner Harbor - not so nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel

You added Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Eastampton,nj
“Beautiful Hotel but had problem with refund, Inner Harbor - not so nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My husband and I went to the inner harbor for a one night stay with out the children to watch the fireworks. The hotel was beautiful and easy to find, parking garage was ok although you had an additional charge of $25.00 on top of the $185.00 stay. I thought that was ridiculous. The staff was friendly and helpful, the bar/restaurant was ok, I think the air was broken in the back, they said they were working on it but we were hot eating our late night snack. All in all the hotel was very nice though, beautiful room, incredible bed that we actually slept until 9:30, that never happens!!! The place was very clean.

The Inner Harbor on the other hand was a mess!!! AVOID it on the 4th of July!!! It was mobbed with people and tons of cops, which would normally would make me feel better but I was on edge the entire time. They were patroling from the air too. I never saw so many cops, I kept expecting a building to be blown up or something even worse. I stopped to ask a cop if there was something i should be nervous about and his response was "Yes, you are in one of the most dangerous cities in America" he wasn't joking and i wanted to go home after that. The fireworks were great, really one of the best we have seen yet. We sat with our legs dangling over the bulkhead. This was very nervewracking as the crowd was so huge. I kept thinking we would be the first to be pushed in anything happened. In my opinion the inner harbor has gone downhill since I was there last. I was less then impressed with it. The gallery was nice but so very crowded. I felt like we were totally in the inner city, I was glad my kids were not with me and I will not be taking them to the inner harbor anytime soon. At least during a holiday.

Our only complaint about the hotel to speak of was that they charged our card a $50.00 authorization fee for the room then they charged our card TWICE for the room. Once for the hold and once for the stay. All in all our card had over $200.00 just for holding our room. Do not use a debit card to reserve your room. They take a week or more refunding your money AFTER our funds had already been taken out to pay for the room. Be careful with that, they have a sign on the front desk when you sign in but it wasn't clear and didn't mentiont the $50.00 charge also.

I would recommend the hotel if you could pick it up and put it somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed at the Sheraton Inner Harbor for a conference. The location was great - close to the O's, Federal Hill and in the midst of the Inner Harbor. The room was clean but left me wishing for more. The shower barely drizzled. The markings on the iron were so worn off that I couldn't be sure of the heat level. I tried multiple settings with no difference noted, added water and then experienced a flood on my clothes. The AC is loud as it comes on and off, as another review mentioned. Not quite the room experience I was hoping for!

Internet is $9.95 per day in the room and is per computer. So, if you have a work and personal computer or if you are sharing the room, the cost is for one computer only.

After a night out, I came back to my room to discover a crib had been dropped off. A call to the front desk let me know that they were aware of the mistake, but the crib remained throughout the remainder of my stay!!

All in all, the hotel may be good for leisure but not so much for the business traveler.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Northern New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Just completed a 2 week stay that was primarily use of a local physical rehabiliation center, remotely working, and taking in the local sites in the evenings for pleasure. The Sheraton Inner Harbor is a great location if you are needing a place that you can walk to just about anywhere, if you need close proximity for any of the local hospital services, or need to do business work remotely. Take advantage of the "green points" to earn green bucks towards a meal.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We just spent the holiday weekend at this hotel. My reservation was for 2 rooms that had a connecting door. In addition we were traveling with our 10 #dog, which we frequently do. The hotel is listed as 'pet friendly'. To obtain the connecting rooms I had to request and confirm my reservation directly with the hotel. This required the contact with the hotel at he initial reservation, request for connecting rooms and a confirming call the day of departure. Imagine my surprise at check-in (midnight) when I was told the dog had to be with us 100% of the time. This requirement was not on the web or mentioned during any of my calls. All I was told was that I would have to sign a 'waiver' in the event of damages caused by the dog. Since we travel with a crate for our small dog, I was surprised. Marriott, Hiltons and other Sheratons do not have this requirement. The night supervisor 'allowed' me to leave the dog crated when we would go out, but we could not have maid service. On Saturday AM I called to the front desk to confirm this info. Again, we were told the same thing. Since you can not take dogs with you 100% of the time, even if you wanted to - - i.e. dining, sightseeing cruises. I asked about check out time so we could move to another hotel. I was then informed of the $50 cancellation fee !!!! After calling SPG support, we were able to gain agreement for the room to cleaned if the dog was crated. We were also told the manager would be in touch to explain the confusion and early check out fee. Bottom line the room was cleaned and we NEVER heard from the manager. I know they agreed to clean only because I called the Starwood Office. We go to Inner Harbor about once a year. This is our first and last time at the Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

The service was excellent in this hotel, from the smiling porters to housekeeping. No complaints there.
There though is a but....for the price of this hotel, not having free wireless seems to be a bit nickel and diming you to death. $10 a day for internet. Yes, it is free in the lobby, but even the Comfort Inn that I had to take on the way down had free internet.
The air conditioning in the room was a unit in the room. It would bang on, and bang off. (and no we didn't change rooms, as I was with a conference, and all the rooms were booked). It just barely kept the room cool. We had it set down to 59, and it was by no means cold in the room.
Also don't believe the hotel staff if you have to use the phone to call home. One coworker called home for all of 5 minutes (her phone card that she bought did not work) cost $40 (to Canada). Even if you don't reach the person on the other end, it will cost you almost $6.
Also parking is going to cost you $24 a day, or for valet $32 per day.
Not having a choice but to stay here for the conference and getting a bit of a break on the hotel rate was fine, but I would not knowingly stay here, there are better choices in just as good locations.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I popped the question to my girlfriend...and I choose the Sheraton as the place where I wanted us to conclude our celebratory night. When I made the reservation, I told them of my plans. When I checked in and gave my name...a gentleman approaced from behind the counter, extending his hand while saying 'congratulations!' He then did some stuff on his computer...and said that he bumped me up to a suite! I was shocked because it was a very busy weekend as the Nationals were in town playing the Orioles and the lobby was packed. But the staff behind the counter went out of their way to make sure our special day was even more special.

We also had dinner at Morton's (which is attached to the lobby) and they were just as wonderful there!

Highly recommend this hotel for any sort of stay! Nice rooms...comfy beds...great location...and very courteous staff. And if you want to be treat yourself to a very nice dinner...go to Morton's!

We couldn't have asked for anythine more!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

my title says it all--from personable management to friendly staff, all helped our stay be a fantastic one. we extend special kudos to chuck payne who does a tremendous job!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!