“Nice view!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel

You added Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 South Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Inner Harbor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Nice view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I went to Charm City for a weekend of searching out the best crab cakes. We stayed in room 808 because we wanted a pretty harbor view - and pretty it was! This hotel is in a great location as everything is walkable from it's location. My only dislike of 808 was that it was an adjoining room, so the voices from next door were very audible. I learned a lot about my neighbors...but they had a great time. I was too tired to make any fuss and I was quickly asleep as it had been a long day of touring around the city. Overall, the hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff are very personable and helpful. We had a great time - and it was fun to be just up the street from Camden Yards.

Room Tip: If you want a lovely harbor view, ask first if your room is the adjoining type. These rooms are usua...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Last week completed a series of six annual meetings our group has held at the Sheraton Inner Harbor hotel. I am pleased to say, the meeting held last week was by far the best in terms of guest service I have ever experienced - spanning more than 30 years of meetings. The hotel provided all the necessary basics. Food and beverage were well managed and good quality. Logistics followed our plan to the letter. No issues whatsoever - and that's what you hope for every time. What was unusual about this event, actually not that unusual, was a surprise delay in delivery of a number of boxes of meeting materials - the stuff you need to manage delegate registration, registration payments, delegate kits and the electronics that put presentations on the big screen. Simply stated, FedEx stumbled. The Sheraton's sales manager stepped up without prompting, took command and pushed FedEx to make certain the goods were available for pick-up several hours before the first meeting began. Here's the unbelievable part; on her own time, she went to the FedEx depot in the early hours of the morning and personally transported the boxes to the hotel and into the hands of our staff. During post-event discussion, I told her and the general manager that I have had to do the exact same thing many times in other years, but never has a hotel staffer ever offered to assist to this degree, let alone take on the entire task - beginning to end. Her comment, "it's my job. It is what I think I should do." I wish every hotel sales team thought the same way. It would make meetings a lot less stressful. I tip my cap to the Sheraton Inner Harbor hotel. Many thanks and a very big "Well done!" Hope we'll be able to work together again, soon.

Room Tip: All seem about the same. Higher floors provide dramatic city skyline or harbor views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Branchburg, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

We visited Baltimore to take our children to the Aquarium. This hotel was perfectly located and convenient to all major area attractions in the Inner Harbor.

The staff was very friendly from the front desk staff, bellman, restaurant staff and housekeeping.

The rooms were nicely appointed and spacious enough for a family of 4. Ask for a corner room as they are extra spacious!

The only issue we saw but didn't necessarily affect us was that housekeeping left behind a previous guest's credit card receipt with the numbers exposed. My wife and I destroyed it immediately to safeguard the other guests information.

Be careful with your receipts and housekeeping should pay a little more attention to the details.

• Stayed March 2012
Pittston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We purchased the sports package which included the room with stadium view, two tickets for Orioles baseball game, two free drinks in the hotel's bar and free self-parking.
Our room was very clean. The linens were all white and immaculate. Bathroom was clean and had adequate towels. A/C worked very well but just a little bit noisy but didn't really bother us. Beds were clean (I checked!) and comfortable with four pillows of varied firmness on each of the two double beds. There were no unpleasant odors of smoking or anything else in the room. We had a good night's sleep with no outside disturbances.
The hotel is EASY walking distance to the Inner Harbor and Camden yards. We parked our car in the hotel lot and walked everywhere. Use the skywalk from the hotel's 3rd floor to get to the Inner Harbor restaurants/attractions.

• Stayed May 2012
Maryland USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel many times in the past and one of the reasons was they had a great bar to relax after a ballgame or day of sightseeing. I was shocked when I went to the second floor on Saturday and saw the bar was now pushed into a corner and very small. this is still a great place to stay and close to anything downtown as well as convenient to the water taxi to see Canton or Fells Point. Staff was great,restaurant a little pricey, but good and the room was fine. Just wish they hadn't ruined the bar. Might stay here again, but will check out other hotels first.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
sjmb, Director of Sales at Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor and for your nice comments on our staff and rooms. We are sorry that our bar does not meet your expectations. We have had the same bar for the last twelve years so it appears that it has been awhile since your last visit. As an alternative we also offer a bar in Morton's, The Steakhouse that you may want to vist next time. Again thank you for your feedback, we DO appreciate it!
Prairie Village, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Location is really nice. Easy walk to the harbor and connected to the convention center. Check in was easy and fast. The front desk folks were all very polite. The room was clean, but dated and kind of banged up. The TV was a mess. Some channels didn't work at all and others were frozen the entire time I was there (not a huge deal as I hardly turned it on). the "basic" wifi in the room ($6) for 24 hours was a joke.

I was attending a convention that ran until noon on my last day and they let me push my checkout back a few hours so I wouldn't have to lug my bag to the convention center.

In summary, clean property with a great location. I found the staff to be professional and friendly. Not a lot of extras for the premium price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent posting on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the nice comments on our staff and overall conditions. We apologize for the issues you had with out TV channels and we have our IT department checking on that. Our basic hsia package at $5.95 for 24 hours has been well received by the majority of our guasts as it is $5 to $10 less than our competitors, we regret that it did not meet your needs. We do hope that you will choose the Sheraton Inner Harbor when you are in Baltimore again..
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel is situated in a very nice location, close to the harbor and Camden Yards. The room was quite nice, but the best part was the view. At night there was a view of the city lights and in the early morning we watched the sun rise over the harbor. Very nice property with good service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!