“Great except for the $26 parking charge per day!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #21 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
richmond
“Great except for the $26 parking charge per day!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was very pleased with everything about this trip, except nobody mentioned there is a parking charge to park your car at the hotel. I have never paid to park at a hotel before. Twenty-Six dollars a day can add up when you do a 3 night stay like we did. I asked my gf to merry me at the Harbor and we will never forget that night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
clocoboogie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

Stayed for 2 nights at the Renaissance and was pleasantly surprised. Check-in was easy, room was spacious, and our room overlooked the harbor.

The only negatives: a naked drunk guy knocked on our door the first night around 1am and when we called the front desk security escorted him back to his room. Thank god!! We also ordered room service via the card and placed on our door knob but never received it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel.Since my stay was part of a conference, the rate was set at a good value.

The best thing about this hotel is it's location--it's within walking distance to all you need in Baltimore. It is centrally located in the Inner Harbor; about a 5 minute walk from the convention center.

Check in was friendly and quick. We had requested two double beds and that was honored. Colleagues had three to a room and a roll out cot was provided for the third person in their room; the cot also was not your typical roll away flimsy mattress type cot.

The rooms were nice and comfortable. The room had a flat screen TV and an iPod docking station/radio. The room and bathroom were clean. The bed was comfortable. Complaints about construction were not noticed. The lobby was modern and clean. The hallways all had new carpeting. However, there were very long corridors and the walk to the room from the elevator was long. The gym was small but adequate.

My one complaint was that you could hear everything that was going on in the hallway including doors slamming.

The valet parking was $36; if you parked it yourself it was $26 and the front desk gave you a pass card so that you had unlimited access to enter and leave the garage as often as you liked.

We had two very nice dinners out; one in the inner harbor/little italy area: a D.C. Chain- Lebanese Taverna; and one in Locust Point- Wine Market which had an outstanding wine collection/ shop attached to the restaurant where you can buy and bring to the table for a corkage fee.

Overall, the Renaissance Harborplace Hotel was a nice stay in a comfortable, roomy hotel that is in the Inner Harbor and close to the Aquarium, convention center and restaurants. I would recommend for anyone going to Baltimore.

amman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

This was a nightmare, first we requested a harbor view and we were assured not once, but twice that we will get a harbor view….but when we got to the Hotel they said; “Yes you requested it but we didn’t guarantee it for you”…and they gave me a room facing construction.
Then the pool was also unavailable because of renovations and they told us that they can send us to another hotel to swim….which was extremely inconvenient.. and we were not notified by this renovation before doing the reservation.
They had the coffee machine locked in a closet and we found it the 2’nd day of our stay…and although we repeatedly requested tea bags with the coffee tray….that didn’t happen except in the first day.
Over all the experience was bad, bad, bad….. and the management of the hotel were not helpful. I will never stay there or recommend it to any of my friends.

St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

We got a package deal that included aquarium tickets and breakfast. All of the staff was friendly and attentive, breakfast was excellent both days (I'm pipcky about my morning meal), and the location was perfect. Within walking distance of just about everything you would want to see in Baltimore

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have stayed at a number of other Marriotts and this one just didn't make the cut. I stayed here for a conference (at the convention center) in May. The cruddy weather didn't help either. Here is my review...
Hotel/Location: This was one of the plus with this hotel. It is centrally located in the heart of the Inner Harbor. It is connected to a Mall and short walking distance to eateries. It was about a 10 min walk to the convention center. The hotel looks old from the outside, like the rest of Baltimore. The lobby was tastefully decorated and had free Wi-fi (for 1 hr per day). Check in was a breeze

Room: It was a typical Marriott room. The king bed was really comfortable. There was an ipod docking station which was nice. Nice big HD tv. I also had a fridge and nice in room safe (big enough for my computer). However, that was about it. According to my other friends that were staying in there, they didn't all have a fridge. There was no stationary. There was no book or folder that explained the hotel amnenities. Housekeeping was nice. There was a bottle of water for $4. In room coffee was typical (horrible tasting). No wine opener. Bathroom was typical and had decent water pressure.

Amenities: There was a nice bar (closed kind of early) and restaurant. I was looking forward to taking a swim. However, the pool and all of the 7th floor was closed for remodel. No one informed me this at check in. I found out when I took the stairs to the abandoned 7th floor and got chased away by construction workers. The connected mall was kind of cool. Also free Wi-fi was nice.

All in all, this is an average hotel that is located in a nice location. I got a convention rate so that was nice. Don't expect luxury and you should be fine.

New York, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I arrived Thursday for a conference. The doorman, concierge, and front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. Nice lounge with tables and comfy sofas for relaxing or working while waiting for collegues. I asked for a 'view room' and was graciously accommadated. I think that was my mistake. The inner harbor in Baltimore is a very active, energetic city. The Renaissance Hotel is directly across the street from all of amazing things Baltimore has to do. The View--Amazing--- you could see the old ships, the street performers,the water taxi, sailboats, the aquarium, the power house, the old Domino sugar sign reflecting gorgeously on the harbor waters, the cute water dragons that the kids and adults alike paddle throughout the inner harbor and fabulous restaurants... It was a 3 minute walk from the conference center. A 5-10 minute walk to a amazing evening activity of a Orioles baseball game (even though we lost!!) (Oriole fans are fantastic, welcoming and love their city!!).. The hotel though wasn't made with any sort of 'sound protection' in mind. After a full day of being at the conference and enjoying what Baltimore had to offer the noise continued. The constant noise of the the cars going by, the many many fire engines/police/ambulances going by everyday with their alarms on high. I guess there is a really great hospital nearby and this hotel is by their 'flight' pattern.. The windows and walls need sound proofing. The wedding downstairs on Saterday night sounded really great but when we're not invited and its past midnight then either offer a bottle of wine to the people above you or just do slow songs.. So my opinion. When you go here. Get two rooms. One with a view and the other one on the other side of the hotel where you can sleep!! Enjoy Baltimore!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel? Share your experiences!