“Great inner harbor location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great inner harbor location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was in Baltimore for business and I chose this hotel because my client had a corporate rate there (still pricey, though!). My room had a harbor view which was fantastic. The room itself was spacious and well appointed but just starting to show just a bit of wear. The wireless-only internet offered decent speed and the TV offered a wide variety of channels of which many were in hi-def.

The staff was very good, especially the doormen who had to summon my cab every morning. There was a sign at the elevators promising improvements but I did not find them that bad.

I ate a couple of meals in the restaurant, which were OK. There are dining options galore, however, ranging from fast food at the directly-attached mall to the many restaurants across the street in the Inner Harbor complex. If you have access to the Concierge Lounge, you will get a basic breakfast but the evening spread is enough to construct a full meal (per-diem business travelers take note).

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms rule!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Centreville, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

There for conference. Recommend pay for upgraded room on inner harbour side. Spectacular views. Be prepared to pay for everything. Nothing comes for free here. Internet was $12.95 for the day. Rooms are spacious and clean. City traffic was quite noisy. Walk around downtown is awesome and only across the street from hotel. Too many restaurants within 10 minute walk to mention. Hotel staff were all quite friendly and all services were above standard. Will return!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My spouse and I stayed here for a week while on business. We are offering our unbiased opinion on this establishment. Take a read!

1> The doormen/valet - They are top notch. They are super courteous and prompt.

2> Front Desk & Concierge - Again, top notch. Attentive, helpful and willing to bend over backwards for you.

3> Conference Halls - Tasteful, spacious and the electronics are state of the art.

4> Elevators - They are super slow, however, they are taking the initiative of a multimillion dollar upgrade. Props to them! So I won't hold that against them!

5> Rooms - We stayed on he 12th floor. The room was nicely decorated. Loved the colors. The view of the harbor was incredible. We were right in front of the USS Constellation. The only complaint is I wish the fridge was a bit bigger. You couldn't really place anything inside it.

6> Excercise room - The best gym we've seen in a hotel, EVER. And we travel all over the world. Super super thumbs up to you guys!

7> Room service - Mediocre. They were late each time they came in the morning, BUT they were super nice.

8> Food - Mediocre. Honestly, the omelet across the street at the Cheesecake Factory was 1000 times better. I'm keeping it real here.

9> Location - I thought it was great! You are adjacent to The Gallery Mall, and across the street from more shopping, food, tourist stops and the water taxi.

10> Internet - They internet never lost its connection, however, being on the 12th floor (the executive floor, if you will) it should have been free.

11> Housekeeping - INCREDIBLY nice - super efficient and a great touch with the 'turn down' in the evening with the chocolates!

Overall: A great hotel to stay in Maryland. Great location and we felt safe the entire time.

Why only a four star rating and not a five star? The food should have been better, room service should have been prompt and the elevators should be up to par.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Room Tip: It's worth getting a room on the 12th floor and be sure to ask for a harbor view!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Very frightening place to stay, even after you are able to get past the thugs who are "employed" as valets here. After waiting nearly a half hour for their friends' cars to be cleared to provide access to the font drive to try to be able to check in, I still had to navigate through and disturb their party to get back to my car with my luggage to self park.

The front desk clerk had said she would take care of the throng in front, and she didn't.

So with no other option, I put my luggage back in the car and patiently waited for the throng to clear to provide access to the garage. After another half hour, I was able to maneuver towards the entrance to the garage. At that point, one of the employees in the throng sensed a duty called and he stepped in front to wave me onto the street.

I bypassed him and took the finally-open entrance to the garage.

Once in the garage, I saw only signs for the mall and offices so I hauled my luggage back up the ramps that I had descended moments before. The, after a 24 hour journey from Europe, I made my way past the employee thug fest and opened the door to locate the elevators. There was never an offer of any kind of assistance from anyone at anytime, and it was frightening and I felt like an intruder.

Then, the quiet room With a view I had reserved three months prior, has a view of a parking garage, fully lighted all night long and the four lane highway outside has the sound of decelerating eighteen wheelers all night long.

My first stay in Baltimore and I hope I survive it!

Pretty picture on the website is a totally deceptive scam. Do not stay here unless you bring a security detail and pack a Kevlar vest.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Came in on a Tuesday late afternoon...stayed in for room service and ironing...I know, exciting. The room was perfect except it was about a mile from the elevator...other than that it was fine. The housekeeping and room service were great. The food pretty good. Beds comfortable...had everything I needed. Free internet would be nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not close to the elevator but not a mile away either.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

this place is amazing! staff is so friendly, rooms are nice and bed is so comfortable. the room we were in had a beautiful view of the harbor. I have stayed in dozens of hotel chains over 200 nights a year and this hotel is beyond the best I’ve ever stayed in. if I were to gripe about anything it would be the slow elevators that are being redone, but that's really just being nitpicky.

I pray my company sends me back to Baltimore in January just so I can stay here for 3 weeks. great job guys keep up the good work!

Room Tip: ask for a harbor view, if you are lucky enough to get one it's so worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Rooms were very nice. We were facing the harbor and the street and even though we were on the 11th floor, there was a lot of noise from the street. The water pressure was extremely low in the shower. I do think they should provide free wifi in the rooms. In the elevator, we were explaining to our 10 year old who signed up for wifi in the room without our knowledge that there was a fee to do that ($13/day). An employee of the hotel heard our conversation and came over to us with a certificate covering the wifi fee. I'm so sorry that I don't remember his name! What a really nice surprise! Found the staff to be quite friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel? Share your experiences!