“Nice Enough Place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Aurora, Colorado
“Nice Enough Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Very comfortable bed! Housekeeping was slow to pick up room service trays, sometimes longer than 24 hours. Wifi is $12.95 a day and not very reliable - it dropped me several times. No vent in bathroom. Front desk staff was helpful. Attached mall was nice for window shopping and fast food. Hotel resraurant should be avoided at all costs!

Room Tip: Room 6050 was quiet, at the end of the hallway, a half mile from the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Chapel Hill, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed here since it was the host hotel for a professional conference I attended. I had my spouse and two kids with me and the location was great for the tourist attractions. The hotel is in a mall so there is stuff to look at right near the lobby. The room was a nice size and very clean. The most outstanding aspect of this hotel was the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Considering how crowded the hotel was for the convention, I was amazed at how helpful and upbeat the staff remained.

The main negative of this hotel is that I had to pay for internet access each day per device. Seeing as how my family had five devices needing internet access, this was a MAJOR drawback for us. I still can't believe hotels continue to insist on charging for wi-fi access in this day and age when just about all travelers require internet access. If this had not been the host hotel for my convention, I would have searched for a hotel that offered free wi-fi. My employer paid for my internet access but it was really frustrating for my husband to have to drag the kids to the Starbucks a few blocks away in order to use his iPad to plan the day's activities. It was also a major pain that the hotel did not even offer free wi-fi for conference participants in the meeting rooms. For $220 per night, spare me some wi-fi during the day so I can check my work e-mail on my iPad!

Also, I wouldn't recommend going too far off the beaten path around this hotel. There are plenty of places to walk to right in the Inner Harbor but don't walk too far outside the boundary. We wanted to try a crab place recommended by a friend that was one mile from the hotel so we figured we would walk. Not a good idea! The neighborhood went from bad to worse in a matter of blocks and we did not feel safe at all. Needless to say, we took a cab back to the hotel after dinner.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business trips but I would might look elsewhere for a family vacation spot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

I'm a Marriott Platinum Elite member - lots of nights at lots of Marriotts. Renaissance usually can be counted on for a good showing for the Marriott brand. Not in this case. Some details: Mouse traps in the hallways, unclean pool water that actually smelled. sink taps that spit brown rust. Perhaps they are confused with "Ramada" - that's seems to be their standard. Need to clean up their act - I will avoid this hotel until they do.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

Beautiful hotel, I have nothing bad to say about my stay. My room was absolutely gorgeous and large, the bathroom was clean and looked recently updated, and the hotel was convenient to where I needed to be. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

stayed at the Renaissance while attending a trade show in October. Room was delightful, staff was friendly and the Lobby Bar was a great place to entertain guests prior to dining out.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Media, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We had a great stay at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel for our anniversary. The room was comfortable and had a nice view. The front desk, knowing it was our anniversary, sent a cake up to our room while we were out site seeing during the afternoon. The lobby bar staff recommended a great Italian Restaurant named Supanos around the corner for dinner which was awesome with live jazz music and great food.

Highlt recommended.

Room Tip: Check out the pool area - pretty comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Ventnor City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We wanted to be able to do a lot of things in Baltimore and not have to drive and this hotel was in the perfect location for that!! From the hotel lobby you can enter the Gallery Mall and they have a lot of shops and a food court. You can also take the skywalk (or cross the street) over to the harbor. There are more shops and restaurants in there and of course the beautiful harbor. Little Italy is a short walk from the hotel (about 10/15min) and they have cute shops and yummy cafes/restaurants. Within a 5/10 min walk you can get to Power Plant Live. Power Plant Live has a lot of bars/clubs and places to eat. The service at check in wasn’t that great. The lady didn’t want to stop doing her “work” to assist me…so that was very frustrating. She wasn’t very warm or welcoming to us either. The valet attendants are very helpful and know a lot about the nightlife and some even had passes for some clubs at Power Plant Live. The rooms were a great size and had an extra chair and ottoman, which made it great for hanging out in the room. All rooms come with a refrigerator. We had a great weekend in Baltimore!!

Room Tip: long hallways! If you cant walk very well or have a lot of kids/bags make sure to ask for a room clo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel? Share your experiences!