“Great stay, nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lord Baltimore Hotel

You added Lord Baltimore Hotel to your Saves list
Lord Baltimore Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great stay, nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a Red Sox-Orioles weekend series. We had a great stay. It was about a 15 minute walk to Camden Yards and the Inner Harbor. The rooms were nice, comfortable beds and such. Staff was very helpful. Good for a weekend to get away.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It's a lovely, historic hotel with the perfect location for us. We trained in from Vermont, arriving after 9pm, cabbed to the hotel (seamless) and checked in. Unfortunately, the reservations center (despite 2 calls to them) had not taken my request for a higher floor room but Glen at the front desk moved us from 3rd floor to 18th floor. Great service from Glen made up for unimpressive conversations with the reservations center and a reason we will return when in B'more again.

It was a quick trip for an anniversary/birthday celebration and the Sox v. O's game (which was eventful) so we spent limited time in the hotel (had the club floor Continental breakfast which had terrific french bread & jam, also fruit, yogurt and other choices), and we did go to the bar the 1st night after arrival (around 10pm). Good cocktail menu, but not terrific execution - no big deal, really. Left early Sunday morning to catch the train; effortless check-out, quick coffee from the bakery onsite (very good) and cab to the train.

We had a good time in the city and left with a lot to talk and think about. We'll be back.

Room Tip: higher floor was quiet
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
LBH1928, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
ZeldaBoro, thank you for leaving a review with us! We couldn't be happier to hear about your stay! It's great that you were able to enjoy our atmosphere. We'll be sure to let Glen know about your praise! We love hearing stories about our employees going above and beyond for our guests.

Happy anniversary, as well! It's good to know we could help you celebrate the occasion. Knowing that you'll be coming back is music to our ears.

If there's anyway we can accommodate you during a future visit to our property, please let us know. We're looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Although the location is very good, and the rooms were clean and very nice, I had a problem that did not seem to concern the staff enough for them to offer anything more than an insincere apology after complaining to two different desk clerks. My problem was that on each day of my 3 day stay the cold water totally stopped flowing to my bathroom. The first time it happened I was soaped up in the shower and the cold water stopped so I got scalded and was left soapy. It took 10 minutes for the cold to start flowing again. My last morning there I never did get any cold water at all. I had to go with out a shower and I had a full commode that I could not flush. It was real disappointing.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed at the Lord Baltimore Hotel in early March for business. As it turned out, the weather turned bad and everything was icy and snowy for most of the week. However, thanks to the service at the Lord Baltimore, I did not need to leave the hotel for two days, and was able to eat all three meals on-site. The food offerings were varied, reasonably priced, and quite tasty. The rooms were surprisingly large for an older hotel, with comfortable beds, plenty of electrical outlets, and reliable Wi-Fi service.

However, they saved the best for last. I was reading email on my laptop before checking out, and in the process of checking out accidentally left my laptop in the lobby. I did not notice that it was missing until I was already at the airport on my way back home. Fortunately for me, the hotel staff noticed the laptop sitting on the table and secured it. I called back, confirmed I was the owner, and thanks to the efforts of my admin staff at work as well as the security staff at the Lord Baltimore my laptop was FedExed overnight back to me the next day.

In short, I received customer service above and beyond all expectations at the Lord Baltimore hotel, and recommend them for anyone staying in downtown Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
LBH1928, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Micheal D, thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community!

We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience of the weather. We're glad that we were able to make up for it! Our goal is provide our guests with the best hospitality. It's great that we were able to deliver that promise to you. We're glad we could get you your laptop back in such short notice, as well. It's probably plays a huge role in the importance of your business!

Once again, thank you for leaving a review with us and the TripAdvisor community. If there's anyway we can accommodate you in the future, please let us know! Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good hotel in a great location. The hotel amenities are great. Very good restaurant. Breakfast is expensive. The rooms are comfortable but small with a desk but no separate armchair. Great staff who are very helpful. Would happily stay again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
LBH1928, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Westy1208, thank you for leaving a review of our hotel!

We're happy to hear about your stay! We appreciate you complimenting all of our amenities. We do our best to make sure all our guests get the best hospitality during their experience. We hope to see you soon, and please let us know if there's anyway we can accommodate you in the future! Thank you.
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed two nights at the Lord Baltimore last weekend. My mom's club was hosting a convention at the hotel itself - it was classy and comfortable! The staff was helpful and friendly (coming in super late at night to change the sheets on one of our beds, bringing us things we needed, etc.). The room was lovely (very nice and updated) with a great view of the city. Comfortable bed. Short walk to the inner harbor and a bakery in house. We had to split our room cost four ways and include our valet charge and the front desk was very accommodating. The only reason I had trouble sleeping was the sirens in the night - but that's a Baltimore problem, not a hotel problem :) Had a great visit!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
crayolabird, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

We couldn't be happier to hear about your stay! We hope that the convention went well for you. It's great that you saw our staff to be so helpful, and attentive! Hospitality is our number one priority, and it's perfect that we were able to deliver that impression to you.

Once again, thank you for leaving feedback for us and the TripAdvisor community. If there's anyway we can accommodate you in the future, please let us know! Thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently attended a conference here, but unfortunately had to book a room at a different hotel. As a new working mom I was quite worried about how I would be able to pump during an out of state conference. I spoke with Alex at the Lord Baltimore in advance and asked about a private place with an outlet where I could set up to pump 3 tiems/day for two days. Many places try to offer public restrooms as pumping locations (ew!!), but Alex never mentioned that and immediately assured me they would take care of me.The hotel generously provided a room that I had access to for the two days where I could leave my pump and the milk in the refrigerator! I was blown away by their kindness, professionalism and generosity! And by the way, my conference experience was great- the ballroom and smaller meeting spaces are beautiful and every staff person I interacted with was kind and customer-focused. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Lord Baltimore Hotel? Share your experiences!