“New Years Eve Party - VIP Package” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lord Baltimore Hotel

You added Lord Baltimore Hotel to your Saves list
Lord Baltimore Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“New Years Eve Party - VIP Package”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The party areas of the hotel were very nice, the staff was exceptional! The room overall was good, the bathroom is really old and needs updated. I am a little picky but the wallpaper was coming off the wall and the bathtub is worn looks unclean. The hotel as I said is lovely. The host of the party Charm City Countdown did a poor job with the party. The food was excellent but the bars were very overcrowded and the comedian never showed up for the show. Overall, I probably would not spend the $560.00 this cost again!

Room Tip: This hotel is under renovations I would ask for a renovated room before staying here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LBH1928, Operations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for being part of our New Year's Celebration. I am sorry to hear to you were not 100% satisfied.

As you mentioned we are under renovation and our first half of our guest rooms will become available in a couple of weeks. So call us, we would love to have you stay with us again! Give us the opportunity to make your stay memorable the next time you are in Baltimore, Inner Harbor.

The Lord Baltimore has more than eight decades of hospitality and is once again poised to become the Premier Baltimore Destination! Many more changes are ahead as the hotel begins its rebirth! from our Guest Rooms and our public spaces we are just excited! We want you to be part of that...

Again, thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to serving you the next time your schedule brings you back to Baltimore. If you need assistance don't hesitate to contact me at 410-539-8400 Ext. 3305.

Dir. of Operations
Lord Baltimore Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Easily the worst hotel I have stayed at in the last year. The room was filthy. I stayed on 01/06/14 and found a Champagne cork on the floor which I can only imagine had been there since 01/01. A simple vacuum or just looking down would have caught that.Hair could be found throughout the bathroom.The shower water temperature was in constant flux and I was grateful to escape without third degree burns or frostbite .Taking the elevators was an adventure. I felt lucky every time the door opened and I was within 2 feet of the floor selected. They are renovating but seem to be concentrating on cosmetic lobby improvements. The rooms are were outdated in the '80's. It's just a very old run down building with terrible housekeeping . It would take many years and probably more money than anyone is willing to spend to help this property.
On a brighter note, the location is great.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the poor experience you had while staying at our hotel because of the elevator and your overall experience with your room. Clearly we let you down.

The Lord Baltimore Hotel is going through a remarkable transformation right now. I know you'll love the hotel next time you visit we ask you to give us the opportunity to assist you again. We are not just revamping our lobby it's the rebirth of the Lord Baltimore Hotel with brand new boutique style rooms completely redesigned along with all the outlets of the hotel which is only a couple of weeks away.

“The bones of the hotel are historic and regal…” is one of the comments from our guests that have research the history of The Lord Baltimore established 1928.

I sincerely hope you will accept our apologies and give us another chance to show you that we can do better. Please call me at 410-539-8400 ext. 3305 and I will be happy to discuss your stay personally.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel was an art-deco period style hotel which I imagined would have been very grand back in its day - we did see a piano player at one point in the lobby. I still found the architecture very beautiful even though there was a vast amount of scaffolding in place. We checked in easily and our room although a little dated was clean and charming. We were on one of the upper floors where there was an ice machine. The room was warm, the WIFI didn't quite reach the room but we didn't really need it. The hotel was in walking distance of the harbour and midtown, it is surrounded by shops and restaurants. It is only two minutes to subways and even closer to bus stations which is how we arrived. The staff were friendly and very helpful with directions. I would like to return to see the hotel once the renovations are finished.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our staff, thank you for your feedback on Trip Adivisor. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you.Our Historic Lord Baltimore Hotel has begun the renovation and restoration on all guest rooms and public spaces and we have a few floors already renovated. I hope you get an opportunity to stay with us again on your next visit to Baltimore and see our renovated hotel!

Don't hesitate to call us directly to book your reservation the next time you are in the Charm City of Baltimore.

410-539-8400 ext 3305
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I wanted to treat myself as part of my road trip out of town to the Sun Shine State. I saw that Lord Baltimore had a wonderful deal on Christmas evening. Why not? I knew that it was recently purchased and was undergoing a major renovation to a 4-5 star hotel, back to retro Art Deco - Great Gatsby era. I saw the poor reviews; knew of the age of the hotel (but I knew the quality of the people that worked within). Again, why not for a night. It fit in with the budget.

Room Tip: Even the bathrooms have windows! Upper floors for better views, south of building (front) Within wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you on your way out of town. Thank you for mentioning our dedicated customer service staff and on behalf of them I want to say Thank You! for choosing the Lord Baltimore Hotel. Please come back and see our newly renovated rooms and public space.

Don't hesitate to call me directly to book your reservation the next time you pass through the Charm City of Baltimore.

410-539-8400 Ext 3305
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This hotel is gorgeous! They are currently renovating so there is room for some basic changes but the hand-carved ceiling, winding staircases, and elegant chandrliers make it easy to overlook. We booked this hotel for a New Years event they were holding. The party is thrown by Caring Communities and is always at a different venue. This year the theme was Great Gatsby and the Lord Baltimore was the perfect fit. I felt like I was back in the Roaring 20's. The room was nice but the beds could be a bit nicer. I liked that all the toiletries were natural and the wrapping was recyclable. The staff made our stay very pleasant. Everyone was on point and very polite. Can't wait to go back after the renovations are complete!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. On behalf of the staff we can't thank you enough for your business! Thank you for celebrating the new year with us!

The hand-carved ceiling, winding staircases and the elegant chandeliers make The Lord Baltimore the Premier Baltimore Destination! and many say "A Must See" from our new French Kitchen Restaurant to our newly renovated and redesigned boutique guest rooms and much more. Many more changes are ahead as the hotel begins its rebirth! We want to invite you back to see it all! Please give me a call the next time you are in Baltimore, Inner Harbor.

Dir. of Operations
410-539-8400 ext 3305
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently attended a wedding and the service was incredible. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by the General Manager Abraham, he was very helpful. He also help me with my luggage and made sure my room was good. The restaurant was amazing the food and service. I was well informed of the attractions around Baltimore, the best in charm city!!! Would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
LBH1928, Director of Operations at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Jenny,

I am the Director of Operations here at the Lord Baltimore and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay here at the Lord Baltimore Hotel. We appreciate all feedback, and I'm thrilled to hear that your stay with us was as pleasant one. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the new French Kitchen Restaurant.

We are excited to share with our guests of our renovation. Our first half of our guest rooms will be available towards the end of January 2014. So call us, we would love to have you stay with us again!

410-539-8400 Ext. 3105

Been to Lord Baltimore Hotel? Share your experiences!