“Big night Baltimore Bast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Harbor Hotel

You added Baltimore Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Baltimore Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Big night Baltimore Bast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although the night started out a little rocky because we were placed in a room with only one bed, we were nicely accommodated into another room fairly quickly. It was a bit of an inconvenience to have to relocate but we made due. The hotel hosted the "Big Night Baltimore" New Year's Eve Party and did a great job with entertainment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Although the location is good for Inner Harbor adventures, the hotel is far from it.

The room and bathroom were a fine size for me. I'm not planning on partying in it, just sleeping and showering work out for this room. Though, this brings me to my 2 biggest issues. There wasn't any heat. I was there in December 2013 when they got their first snow storm and each time I tried to put on the heat to warm the room a little, cold air was coming out, so the room stayed around 63 the whole time. Though, it was plenty warm under the blankets.

Then when I went to shower, the warm water lasted around 4 minutes, then it just gradually got cooler and cooler. You can mess with a lot of things in a hotel, but I at least expect to have a nice HOT and sometimes long shower without running into any issues. The water was maybe lukewarm at it's best time.

I normally would not have stayed at this hotel after reading other reviews, but we had a friends and family discount. Even after the heat and water situation, I'd pay more to stay somewhere else.

I gave this place a two because of the location and I didn't have any issues with the pleasant staff.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my family during December 2013. I have to agree with other reviews that have stated that what you get for the money is not worth it. The rooms are small, the bathrooms are very small, and everything comes with an extra charge (wi-fi, water, parking). Evenmy 9- year old daughter was disgusted by the brown stains all over the bathroom ceiling. The restaurant was very cold and over-priced. I do have to say that all of the staff that we encountered were very friendly. It is unfortunate that those nice, helpful people don't have a better property to work with. Don't waste your money here, there are better downtown Baltimore hotels.

Stayed December 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when attending a conference hosted there. This hotel is way below the standard you would expect from a Sheraton. The lobby is small and shabby and every time the door was opened, the bitter cold air drifted in so it was always cold. The room (second floor) and bathroom were cramped. The air- conditioner/heating unit didn't heat, and worse of all, no hot water in the morning. When we complained about this, we were told that "It's a big hotel and when everyone showers in the morning, you can't expect there to be hot water". Not the kind of reply a Sheraton should give you, after paying so much for the room. The Internet in the room did not work during most of the four days we spent there. As vegetarians, we ordered a Caesar Salad in the hotel's restaurant without chicken but there was a piece of chicken in it anyway. Service in the restaurant at peak hour is terrible.
One day there was no room service at all (we didn't complain about this since we returned late to the room and didn't feel like making it an issue). We were two people in the room but were supplied with toiletries for only one.
All in all, highly unrecommended. The staff was friendly enough, but the hotel is a fleabag.

Room Tip: The room we had on the second floor was small and cramped, air-conditioner/heater didn't work, t...
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Let me start off by saying I'm a platinum member of Starwood, so if I got terrible service, I can't imagine what an average visitor might receive, since these properties generally go out of their way to treat Platinum members well to encourage our continued repeat business. The property itself is fine, nothing fancy. Visitors should be aware that you'll have to pay for valet parking at $20/night.

The problem was when it came to our room, it was very cold (we stayed in December) and the heat was not working. We attempted to turn up the heat but it was not working. When we called for service, maintenance came up and informed us we were "doing it wrong" because we could only turn up the temperature 2 degrees at a time every hour. Um...what?I don't think that's standard heating practice, but maintenance certainly treated us like idiots for believing we could take the heat up from 64 degrees to over 70 degrees all at once. In the winter. How dare we! So we were informed that the heat would work "eventually" and that was that. The end result? Our room started out at 64 degrees (in December) and ended at 67 degrees in the morning. Needless to say, my young daughter was freezing, we were freezing and I can not recommend a hotel that gives such incredibly bad service to a loyal, frequent customer. Avoid.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Edward B, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Angelaw919,

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent stay. I understand that you were dissappointed with your some aspects of your stay. We apologize for your dissatisfaction.

At the Sheraton, we pride ourselves in our ability to create memorable moments and excellent experiences. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us with becoming better at what we do. The parking price is determined by Impark. They are a third party contractor who owns the parking facility at our property. Unfortunately, there is no complimentary parking at most downtown hotels. We do have some room rate packages, as well as other properties, that include parking. Many rate plans or packages such as this are based on availability. I apologize for the inconveniece regarding the temperature levels in your room. Your comments have been shared with our chief of engineering, who, along with his team, is working diligently to insure this issue is resolved. Please let us restore your faith in our hotel and the service of our staff. I know that we can do better, and I want to show you that we appreciate you as a guest and patron. I feel every bit of concern that you have and please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you.

Please know that we have taken your feedback seriously, and will use it to amend our processes as we aim to create the perfect experience for our guests here at the Sheraton City Center Baltimore. This is not an example of the best we have to offer, but I hope you consider us for a future stay so that we can show you the best experience possible.

Should you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

My Best!

Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We hosted our organization's Annual Meeting of ~1,000 attendees here in November 2013. I can't say enough wonderful things about the service provided by the Convention Services Manager, Diane Abrahams, and the Banquet Services Manager, Terry Forbes. The teamwork and responsiveness of this duo made our meeting a success. Additionally, Juan Webster and Jacqueline Hanna contributed invaluable pre-planning and on-site assistance with our group's needs. Other Sheraton staff members, from service managers to the reception staff and restaurant staff (namely, Jijo, Darrell, Dante, Shannon, Keith, and Eddie) supplied unflagging enthusiasm and help throughout our meeting.

Dear LeeAnn G,

I want to take the time to thank you for your wonderful feedback. Your recognition of our staff is much appreciated. I am glad to see that the services provided by our staff left such a wonderful impression. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time at our property. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

As this was a conference hotel and a Sheraton I didn't think to check reviews as I assumed it would be pretty good. However, this hotel is run down. The restaurant/bar is small and closes at 10:30. I had to call down for a promised white noise machine and coffee. One day, my room still wasn't made up by 5:30pm even though I had left it at 10am. It was way overpriced for what you get. I do consider myself lucky however, as colleagues staying in the hotel reported brown water, rooms heated at 84 degrees or no heat at all. Other than the room cleaning problem, the service was very good - the only bright spot. The neighborhood reminded me of Bedford Falls if George Bailey had never been born. I will never take a conference hotel or a Sheraton at face value again.

Room Tip: I heard that some rooms had bar fridges: mine did not, so ask about the room. But really, stay somew...
Dear LAHitch,

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent stay. I understand that you were dissappointed with some aspects of your stay. We apologize for your dissatisfaction.

At the Sheraton, we pride ourselves in our ability to create memorable moments and excellent experiences. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us with becoming better at what we do. I know that we can do better, and I want to show you that we appreciate you as a guest and patron. I feel every bit of concern that you have and please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. However, I am glad that you recognized our staff and I am happy that you were pleased with their service to you.

My Best!

Sheraton Baltimore City Center

Been to Baltimore Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!