“Captured by the Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baltimore Harbor Hotel

You added Baltimore Harbor Hotel to your Saves list
Baltimore Harbor Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West Fayette Street, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Formerly Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Auburn, Maine
“Captured by the Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was a first time trip to Baltimore. Upon entering the lobby, you are warmly welcome by the front desk staff. KATIE!!! What to say about KATIE!!! You were such a joy. Pleasant, helpful and never had a bad attitude. All the staff went above and beyond. The room was clean and the only complaint was the street noise but that was not the hotel's fault. Mohamed Kone, deserves a big hug for being there always to drive us. I suffer panic attacks in car usually but not once with Mohamed!!! That was amazing in itself. The valets and housekeeping were courteous and always with smiles. Will probably be going back toBaltimore next year and this WILL be our TOGO to place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
juan w, Director of Operations/Acting General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Brenda H:

Thank you for visiting the Sheraton Baltimore City Center and the Charm City for the first time. Katie is one of our biggest Rock Stars with her spirit to serve. I am so happy to read such glowing reviews and special mentions of Mohamed, Housekeeping, Valet and Katie. These associates ensure that our guests are taken care of and encourage each guest to choose the Sheraton Baltimore City Center when they return to Baltimore. We would love to assist you with your return trip, so please contact us so we may duplicate your experience. We will be sure to share your experience with the entire team. Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Director of Operations/Acting General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Indonesian first
Vineland, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We recently stayed for a quick overnight trip to go to the aquarium. It's a pretty good value, close enough to the harbor but reasonably priced. Our room was very clean, the public spaces could've used a little touching up, especially around the elevators and fitness center. The staff all seemed very service oriented, especially our room attendant, Tita, and the girl who checked us in (Brittany?). The bellman and valet were also very friendly. The only real disappointment was the pool wasn't heated, and even on a hot day it was freezing! Overall, it was worth the money spent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
juan w, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

We are delighted that you enjoyed your short visit to Baltimore. The aquarium is always a hit here in Baltimore. We take service serious and we are pleased to hear that you found our entire team to be service oriented. Tita must have really made an impression on you and we have already shared your feedback with her. I am sorry that the pool was not comfortable enough for you to enjoy, but we are prepared to have you return and we will hope for a better experience. Brittany, our Valet Team and Bell Staff will be reminded on how they each influenced your overall satisfaction. Please contact us for future bookings and plans in the Baltimore area. Thank you again for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Telchac Puerto, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my elderly parents while I had eye surgery at Johns Hopkins. It was the trip from hell, my mother has Alzheimer's and dad isn't much better I was in pain. The hotel is very nice. But what made this or new go to hotel was our room cleaning person Trwvonna. I hope I didn't misspell it but I bet I did. She not only did a great job but when she chatted with me. I had to lie flat for a couple of days, she was genuinely kind and compassionate. What a truly nice person who helped me feel better. Sheraton is very lucky to have staff like this lady. Thank you for helping make a difficult time easier . Ill beaming reservations when u gave to have my second surgery in a few months.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. I hope you are continuing to recover well from your surgery. We are so pleased to hear that Tredonna has made an impact on your visit and you personally. I agree that we are lucky to have associates like Tredonna and we will be sure to recognize her for making you choose our property for future visits. Please let us know if we can assist you with your next reservation. We look forward to your return.

Kind and Sincere Regards,

Washington, D.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Very recent stay. The Bed is great (sheraton sleeper) but the shower didn't work. After 15 minutes of engineering service by 2 nice men, a pathetic stream of warm water trickled from the showerhead. Not acceptable. No apologies. The Fitness center was filthy and TVs didn't work on the equipment. HVAC ran icy. Otherwise the location is good for work and it is inexpensive compared with nearby hotels. And there were billing errors as well. So I can't recommend the Sheraton. The Inner Harbor is a better facility all around and much better service.

My prior stay was also difficult due to a lost reservation. The front desk claimed that systems were down at sheratons across the country were down. Funny they were working at the Inner Harbor hotel. Despite a confirmation number, they wouldn't honor the rate. Waited over 30 minutes to check in at 10:30 pm.

So no more stays at this hotel for me.

Stayed July 2013
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in the Sheraton Baltimore City Center. We where able to walk to the harbor, go to nice restaurants, the mall and take the water taxis. This was a few blocks from the harbor, and I was hoping to stay closer to the harbor but it was a good choice nevertheless. The hotel has valet parking but public parking is right across the street and was able to save on the higher rates by staying on the city underground parking. This hotel is on the city bus route and convenient for these more adventurous that would like to visit more and don't want to drive.
The rooms were a good size, clean and nicely decorated. There was an outdoor pool as well.
We really liked our choice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Baltimore Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Zoytt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed both your room and the location of the hotel to the Harbor and all the attractions that Baltimore has. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need anything.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

State on night on business and was very impressed. The employees were professional and courteous from the valet to the maid. Room was very comfortable and felt like a boutique hotel. Loved the Starbucks in the room. D wish their wi-fi was complimentary like all the other chain. Close to the Inner Harbor. Walked down there for dinner with no safety worries. They stored my luggage the next day after i checked out and the parking fee extended to 5pm the day of checkout. Was wonderful as I did not have to find somewhere else to park! Kudos to Sheraton for a lovely hotel!

Dear Bette,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. It was so nice to hear how much you enjoyed the service by Valet and your Room Attendant. So glad you found your room to be comfortable and that you enjoyed the Starbucks Coffee and the convenient location of the hotel. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Ada, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked a second conference at The Sheraton Baltimore City Center because my first conference there a few years ago was so excellent. As I expected...I was not disappointed! This hotel's staff gives 100% FIVE STAR service in every area! When I first walked in the door, I was offered a cold bottle of water while I waited to check in...just an example of the awesome service that starts right away! Our meeting was a great success due to the great direction of Pat Palmere, Diane Abrahams, Terry Forbes and Dante! We had 4 days of excellent service! My room was lovely and crisp. When I wanted to unwind after a long day, the workout room and the FABULOUS roof top pool were just perfect!! The food and wait staff during the conference was superb as was that in the hotel restaurant.I love the location of this hotel, so close to Camden Yard and just a short walk to the inner harbor or the historical area of Baltimore. I would book here for any event, meeting or conference and this is my "go to stay" if I am in Baltimore. Love it!

Green Features: I choose the green room service....loved it! By my choice, housekeeping did not visit me each day but, if I needed anything like more coffee or towels....they were brought to me post haste!
Dear Thebee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I was ecstatic to hear how great your conference went. Pat, Diane, Terry and Donte do a fabulous job in our Meetings Department. They all excel at what they do and the hotel is fortunate to have all of them as part of the Team. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that our entire Sales and Hotel Staff went the extra mile for your group.

I enjoyed meeting you and we hope to welcome you back in the coming years.

On behalf of everyone here at the hotel, we thank you for your business. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Please feel free to contact us if you ever need anything.

Maryann White

Been to Baltimore Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!